20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    Weigh in day and I am happy! I lost 3lbs this week.

I really needed that because beginning Sunday I will be on the road in hotels in Europe and the USA for a week or even two. I do much better with my own kitchen.

The scale briefly dipped into the 180s but only once so I won't record that just yet.

SW 202
    CW 190
    EGW 182

12 lbs lost 8 to go for Easter challenge

Congrats!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    " You won't fail if you're not perfect, you'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day."

Congratulations Ruthie, on your loss and keep up the great work!

Cristina- Your smoothies are working, wonderful loss!

My weigh in is tomorrow and I am hoping to see the scales down before I go on my trip.

Good luck losers!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • truecountrygirl
    truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    im in for this i want to try and lose 20 lbs by easter if not more
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    im in for this i want to try and lose 20 lbs by easter if not more

Welcome truecountry girl. If you really really want to you can do it. Glad you join us.
    marie
  • cristina0000
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    " You won't fail if you're not perfect, you'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day."

Congratulations Ruthie, on your loss and keep up the great work!

Cristina- Your smoothies are working, wonderful loss!

My weigh in is tomorrow and I am hoping to see the scales down before I go on my trip.

Good luck losers!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

Thank you!

Good luck tomorrow...
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Wow. Some great things happening in this group!!!
    Way to go Ruthie and Cristina, you inspire me greatly.
    On my exercise bike this morning trying to get a move on.
    Shirley hope you have a wonderful trip.
    Have a great day.
    Nancy

• cristina0000
    Options
    Wow. Some great things happening in this group!!!
    Way to go Ruthie and Cristina, you inspire me greatly.
    On my exercise bike this morning trying to get a move on.
    Shirley hope you have a wonderful trip.
    Have a great day.
    Nancy

Thank you!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    GREAT job Ruthie and Cristina!!! Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Cristina is the first to reach 20 lbs on the challenge :D.

Have fun on your travels this coming week Shirley and Ruthie. Where in the states are you heading Ruthie?

Another lovely day in the Pacific NW! Unseasonably warm and I'm seeing bulbs popping up and my neighbors dogwood is full of pink flowers!

Hope you all are having a terrific Thursday <3
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ruthie, that's just awesome! Keep up the good work - soon you will be back into a routine :)

Cristina, how wonderful for you! Congratulations on being the first to the goal - you are inspiring!!!

What do you put in your smoothies? I have not tried them yet, but would like to...

It's 6 degrees right now, with a windchill of -13. Getting ready to leave for my Curves workout - that will warm me up B)

Happy Thursday, all!

Belinda
  • GrayBon
    GrayBon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join? I started loosing on jan 1. Butt just found the community forum and would love to be part of group.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    GrayBon wrote: »
    Is it to late to join? I started loosing on jan 1. Butt just found the community forum and would love to be part of group.

you are in Gray bon welcome to our team.Glad to have you.
    have much have you lost?
    marie

• angawilson
    angawilson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    congratulations everyone,

I love to see the progress in the scales going down. it is very motivating to me.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this challenge!

I tried MFP a few years ago, but wasn't dedicated to the process and eventually stopped using it. I had decided a while back that the scale was the enemy, because if the numbers weren't what I wanted after putting in exercise then I'd just get all down and depressed over it, so I put it in the closet so I wouldn't be tempted.
    Well, last month I decided I'd weight myself, just out of curiosity because it had been a while. I left an active, fast-paced job in September, so any extra calories I'd been consuming normally, snowballed into even more weight since being unemployed. Unfortunately though, no one bothered to tell me I went and got fat(ter)! Haha.
    I am 5' 8", and I was expecting to see my typical over-weight weight of 160-165 when I stepped on the scale. To my complete surprise it said 184! I am so glad that instead of feeling depressed about this realization I decided to start counting calories the very next day. I remembered MyFitnessPal and logged back on to start the journey FOR REAL this time! :)
    Today is day 23 back using MyFitnessPal, and I am down 13 lbs. so far! :D

Starting weight: 184
    Current weight: 171.2
    Goal weight: 140
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    I'd love to join this challenge!

I tried MFP a few years ago, but wasn't dedicated to the process and eventually stopped using it. I had decided a while back that the scale was the enemy, because if the numbers weren't what I wanted after putting in exercise then I'd just get all down and depressed over it, so I put it in the closet so I wouldn't be tempted.
    Well, last month I decided I'd weight myself, just out of curiosity because it had been a while. I left an active, fast-paced job in September, so any extra calories I'd been consuming normally, snowballed into even more weight since being unemployed. Unfortunately though, no one bothered to tell me I went and got fat(ter)! Haha.
    I am 5' 8", and I was expecting to see my typical over-weight weight of 160-165 when I stepped on the scale. To my complete surprise it said 184! I am so glad that instead of feeling depressed about this realization I decided to start counting calories the very next day. I remembered MyFitnessPal and logged back on to start the journey FOR REAL this time! :)
    Today is day 23 back using MyFitnessPal, and I am down 13 lbs. so far! :D

Starting weight: 184
    Current weight: 171.2
    Goal weight: 140

Welcome to this team of losers. So glad to have you and your 13lb lost is fantastic. What ever you are doing keep it up. and keep us inform.
    Marie

• beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Graybon and Rayw89, so glad to have you here - it's a great group of supporters and friends to keep you motivated and happy on our shared journey!

Belinda
    Plymouth, MI

ps there is a list for birthdays, so if you will, please list your name and your birth month and date!
  • SoCalRockabilly
    Options
    Hi I just stumbled upon this post and would love to join... need some serious people to help keep me accountable! I lost about 35 pounds last year and have gained 15 of it back since September. I have used this tracker off an on, but can never stay on it for more than a week or two.

Hoping that we can all keep each other motivated during this journey!

SW & CW (as of today): 151
    GW: 135
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi I just stumbled upon this post and would love to join... need some serious people to help keep me accountable! I lost about 35 pounds last year and have gained 15 of it back since September. I have used this tracker off an on, but can never stay on it for more than a week or two.

Hoping that we can all keep each other motivated during this journey!

SW & CW (as of today): 151
    GW: 135

Welcome to our team of losers. glad to have you.
    Marie

• eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our newbies! This is a fantastic group of losers and we are here for everyone!

Despite seeing a drop on the scales the day before yesterday, and then burning over 1000 calories yesterday and eating below my calorie goal the scales went up this morning!! Grrrrr

Nevertheless this has not deterred me...I am heading out for another bike ride very shortly and will continue my healthy eating :-)

Happy Friday everyone!

Faye
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Keep positive! A couple weeks ago I went up 3 lbs. after going out to celebrate my husband's b-day and spent several days making it go back down. And I went up 2 lbs. after going out for Valentine's Day last week, and it took 3 days to get that to go back down. There are ups and downs but we'll prevail!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Thats life, sometimes even when we are doing what we feel is right the scale shows different, the thing is to not let it control you, and get down, and lose motivation.