20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    ctieonard sounds like you are doing really good. on your plan. keep the good work up
    Marie
  • MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Dean my wish for you is to have the best birthday ever.

Connie, First rule of line dancing is to HAVE FUN! Just remember, everyone in that class has been in the same place you are, that is "brand new beginner". Keep trying, it will be very confusing at first, don't give up. If you just pick up a couple of steps at a time, pretty soon, before you know it, you will be doing advanced dances.
    Try to get into the first row behind the teacher in the middle of the row. That way when the dance turns in whatever direction, you will have a more experienced dancer to watch and follow.
    Line dancing is not only good for the body, it is good for the brain. Remembering the sequence of the steps can be a brain challenge.
    Good luck, and have fun.

I will be away for a couple of days, I am on my way to help my youngest daughter finish moving into her new place.
    Going to help move the bigger furniture today.
    UGH!
    Valerie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Happy day!

I have to say that because this weather is really cold and gray today. Get myself motivated.
    Everyone seems to be doing well.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAN!

Dr. apt today and the getting groceries for my eating plan.

Have a good day!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • inthekitch
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge :)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    had a French toast for breakfast with 3 sausage links I used some of my husband French toast mix but neat time I will make my own so I know how much i put in it. he did used milk egg and cinnamon no sugar. But it was good I added 1 T. butter and one pkg of splemda no syrup I may used some honey on mine next time
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    inthekitch wrote: »
    I would love to join this challenge :)

you are in, welcome to our thread. Just keep on a posting so we can get to know we really like for you to used your real name for thhese MFP names are kind of confusion to spell
    Marie

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My weigh in was a little disappointing down .8 for the week. No cheats in 3 weeks and this. I just have to quit letting the scales rule!!! I feel like I have lost more and also my belly looks smaller so I just have to go with that and be happy.

Happy Birthday Dean

Good job Connie

Welcome to the new people

So happy for the ones who have had good weigh ins today!!!

Great group just love the support and comrodery of our group.

My Progress:
    SW- 149
    CW- 146.2
    GW- 125
    TL- 2.8

Have a great day.

Nancy in MS
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I got weighed at the doctors this morning and his scale was 2 pounds less than mine!

HOORAY!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • gmsanderson
    gmsanderson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Nancy... every .8 off is always better than .8 on and I'll bet if you got the tape measure out you'd find that you've lost some inches this week, so chin up and keep strong.

Linda UK
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :D Connie, I hope the line dancing class is great. It takes awhile to get familiar with the dances so plan to go several times before you make up your mind. When I went to my first line dance class my goal was to not fall down and not knock anyone else down. When I succeeded at that, I knew I'd go back and before long I knew a lot of steps and could really relax and have fun.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie

Barbie...loved, loved loved it! I love to dance and while I didn't know the sequencing, I could shuffle and cha-cha-cha! It was such a great workout! I'm glad I took 2 bottles of water and a small towel. It was 90 minutes and well over 4,000 steps!
  • sheena5455
    sheena5455 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I totally bombed on my three day weekend but after eating and running these past two days I feel much better. If I keep it up to 20k steps a day I can beat the weekend and I know I will see my scale move by Friday (fingers crossed)
  • lovesretirement
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Dean my wish for you is to have the best birthday ever.

Connie, First rule of line dancing is to HAVE FUN! Just remember, everyone in that class has been in the same place you are, that is "brand new beginner". Keep trying, it will be very confusing at first, don't give up. If you just pick up a couple of steps at a time, pretty soon, before you know it, you will be doing advanced dances.
    Try to get into the first row behind the teacher in the middle of the row. That way when the dance turns in whatever direction, you will have a more experienced dancer to watch and follow.
    Line dancing is not only good for the body, it is good for the brain. Remembering the sequence of the steps can be a brain challenge.
    Good luck, and have fun.

I will be away for a couple of days, I am on my way to help my youngest daughter finish moving into her new place.
    Going to help move the bigger furniture today.
    UGH!
    Valerie

I had such FUN! I love to dance and the closest I get to it is Zumba in the pool. I used to do Zumba on the floor but it was too much twisting on my knees. Zumba Gold for seniors is offered at this same center, but I really wanted something different and this is it!! In a few weeks ( or months) I will be shuffling and cha-cha-cha-ing with the best of them. I had two people helping me and the instructor gave the steps in chunks with practice and that was good!
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    My weigh in was a little disappointing down .8 for the week. No cheats in 3 weeks and this. I just have to quit letting the scales rule!!! I feel like I have lost more and also my belly looks smaller so I just have to go with that and be happy.

Happy Birthday Dean

Good job Connie

Welcome to the new people

So happy for the ones who have had good weigh ins today!!!

Great group just love the support and comrodery of our group.

My Progress:
    SW- 149
    CW- 146.2
    GW- 125
    TL- 2.8

Have a great day.

Nancy in MS

.8 ..fantastic! Just like Linda said it's better than up .8..plus we all know there are going to be weeks when we don't lose at all!
  • JTrimblePhoto
    Options
    I would love to join the challange :D
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I would love to join the challange :D

Trimble just start posting here and you are in. keep us inform on your progress.
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie my goodness 4,000 Steps. how often will you go to classes? how great is that. looks like we got another Dancer in the group, Great exercise.
    marie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    spin class for me today!! weigh in tomorrow!
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Connie my goodness 4,000 Steps. how often will you go to classes? how great is that. looks like we got another Dancer in the group, Great exercise.
    marie

Marie.. I'm only going once a week on Tuesday.