How long does the New Year rush for the gym last?

Options

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I went from 4 or 5 to 18.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I guess someone didn't like what I had to say and went back and flagged all of my posts. It's funny because I never said I didn't want new people in the gym.
    Is there somewhere you can see all the flags a person has? That is cool.

I swear people flag stuff because a) they don't like someone, or b) they're stupid and think it means they LIKE a post.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    redheaddee wrote: »
    I guess someone didn't like what I had to say and went back and flagged all of my posts. It's funny because I never said I didn't want new people in the gym.

I swear people flag stuff because a) they don't like someone, or b) they're stupid and think it means they LIKE a post.

If you go to the notification tab where it tells you when there are new posts in your starred threads (the little bell thingy- it took me forever to figure it out haha) and click "all notifications" it will tell you how many you have :)
  • RGv2
    Options

You can see how many you have, not sure if you can see everyone else's.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I wonder if people will eventually start getting in trouble for flagging without any real cause. It has to be a pain for the mods to sift through all the unwarranted flags.
  • redheaddee
    edited December 2014
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

You can see how many you have, not sure if you can see everyone else's.

I have 92! Woohoo! I feel so special! B)

ETA wait...I didn't realize I post that much...too much time on these silly boards. Perhaps there's a New Years Resolution in there somewhere.
  • redheaddee
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »
    I wonder if people will eventually start getting in trouble for flagging without any real cause. It has to be a pain for the mods to sift through all the unwarranted flags.
    I think it goes to the mods once a post hits 5 flags. So thankfully not every.single.flag.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

If you go to the notification tab where it tells you when there are new posts in your starred threads (the little bell thingy- it took me forever to figure it out haha) and click "all notifications" it will tell you how many you have :)

I am holding firm at 84...
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    When those people figure out their goal that requires a long-term commitment cannot be accomplished with a short-term plan.

WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!? You mean I won't wake up at my goal weight after only 3 days of walking on a treadmill at a pace I still talk on my phone at and eating kind of clean, but totally earning it because I went to the gym?

I'm out . . . .
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I have 49 and they are all from the same thread. The one where the guy was like "People should only comment on threads if they are answering the EXACT QUESTION the OP is asking."

• RGv2
    Options
    For as many insults that I throw around, you'd think I'd be doing better than 18....13 of which came in this thread.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I have 49 and they are all from the same thread. The one where the guy was like "People should only comment on threads if they are answering the EXACT QUESTION the OP is asking."

Wow that's a silly reason to get flagged, often lurkers or people with similar concerns will read a post or use the search function instead of creating a new one on their own. It's good to try to give specific advice for the original poster but sometimes blanket advice can be helpful to people with a similar but not exactly identical problem.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    It lasts around 45 days at my gym, and I am glad when it is over. My gym is already very busy, so the New Years Resolutioners (as I like to call them) make it much worse and after driving around for awhile to find parking, I often have to alter my routine once inside. As a creature of habit, I hate having to do that.

I don't know what all the hullabaloo is about some prior comments on this thread. haven't really seen anything said that was offensive.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Supposedly they are going to start looking into that soon. Supposedly.
    lol, doubtful.

I'm on track for 300 abuse and 100 spam this week.

Guess my brand of doesn't mince words doesn't mix well with the sunday lifters. lol.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    I hate having to wait for equipment when the gym is packed in the New Year. At my gym it calms back down at the end of February.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Supposedly they are going to start looking into that soon. Supposedly.
    lol, doubtful.

I'm on track for 300 abuse and 100 spam this week.

Guess my brand of doesn't mince words doesn't mix well with the sunday lifters. lol.
    Yea you're the only one ahead of me I thing. The but hurt is in full force today. I've gotten maybe 20 today alone. The system is a joke and the Mods couldn't be bothered with it. I was told they are going to address it but I doubt it

Oh yea, I'm at 291 flags:

34 spam 257 abuse

How do I check!?

Edit: I see I've been labeled abusive 8 times!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    For as many insults that I throw around, you'd think I'd be doing better than 18....13 of which came in this thread.

If you want, we can ask the person who is stalking yoovie and flagging her posts to add you to their list of unnecessary butthurt flagging...
  • stefi2107
    stefi2107 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Afternoon after work is usually about mid March before it does down. However, I go at 445 am so we get a handful of newbies who are gone within 2 weeks.

I use to complain about it but someone reminded me at one time I was one of those people.