How long does the New Year rush for the gym last?

Options

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    levitateme wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Oh, is it that time of year again? The bash the newbies time of year that is. Yeah I hate newbies too. It'd be great if they had a whole type of gym directed specifically at newbies or people who are casually into fitness. They could call it like Fitness Planet or something similar. I bet all the hardcore people would love that a place like that existed for newbies!!!

Nope. "Hardcore people" seem to hate places called "Fitness Planet or something similar" and will mock anyone who feels more comfortable there than at "serious gyms" frequented by said hardcore people. Some hardcore people just don't like for others to work out at all.

Why do you always bring up Planet Fitness?

Because he goes there and people do not like that gym so he assumes that people do not like the fact he workouts there.

I hate the hate for PF.
    Yes, the marketing for it blows but when you're a runner and just need a treadmill at random, it's a great price.
    I liked the PFs I went to when I was down in CT.
    Don't care for the one here in Maine. But they're franchises and every single one of them is different so I don't care for the global hate on it.

Happy to have my PF membership this winter and my own home gym as well.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Oh, is it that time of year again? The bash the newbies time of year that is. Yeah I hate newbies too. It'd be great if they had a whole type of gym directed specifically at newbies or people who are casually into fitness. They could call it like Fitness Planet or something similar. I bet all the hardcore people would love that a place like that existed for newbies!!!

Nope. "Hardcore people" seem to hate places called "Fitness Planet or something similar" and will mock anyone who feels more comfortable there than at "serious gyms" frequented by said hardcore people. Some hardcore people just don't like for others to work out at all.

Because he goes there and people do not like that gym so he assumes that people do not like the fact he workouts there.

No... I USED TO go there, when I leaved closer to one. As I explained in the past, I moved away more than 3 years ago, which is unfortunate because I actually felt comfortable working out there. Ugh. Never mind.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i use 9 different gyms and vary my days and times massivly between those gyms, im always viewed as a noob despite doing this for 3 years lol

nine??
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

I didn't bring it up...
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

No... I USED TO go there, when I leaved closer to one. As I explained in the past, I moved away more than 3 years ago, which is unfortunate because I actually felt comfortable working out there. Ugh. Never mind.

I'd like to point out that YOU bring on the argument.
    You brought this on yourself. Again.

And if you see my post above, I have no issues at all with PF.
    Just like with every gym, you get out of it what you put in.
  • kar2083
    kar2083 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i use 9 different gyms and vary my days and times massivly between those gyms, im always viewed as a noob despite doing this for 3 years lol

nine??

Is it because of the classes? I mainly go to three different ones, mainly for certain classes that fit my schedule. When I visit family there are three locations close to them so I've gone to those on occasion depending on my mood and/or the classes. I'm lucky that I got my membership through work so I can go to any location and my gym has a ton of locations.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options

I didn't bring it up...

This is the 2nd thread that I've seen you turn into an argument about planet fitness. BFDeal made a sarcastic post and you turned it into "people JUDGE me for working out at PF"

What does any of that have to do with this thread?

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »

I hate the hate for PF.
    Yes, the marketing for it blows but when you're a runner and just need a treadmill at random, it's a great price.
    Don't care for the one here in Maine. But they're franchises and every single one of them is different so I don't care for the global hate on it.

The "global hate" is brought on by themselves (pretty good marketing ploy actually) by advertising a "judgment free zone" when the whole advertising scheme is a giant ball of judgment and mockery.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I am glad I have a home gym!!! ;)

• lishie_rebooted
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

I hate the hate for PF.

The "global hate" is brought on by themselves (pretty good marketing ploy actually) by advertising a "judgment free zone" when the whole advertising scheme is a giant ball of judgment and mockery.

Oh I know this.
    Still bothers me.

Thankfully I don't have cable so I don't see the commercials.
    Only time I watch TV is when I'm at the gym (so once a month - though more in the coming months thanks to dimly lit and icy Maine sidewalks)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

I didn't bring it up...

This is the 2nd thread that I've seen you turn into an argument about planet fitness. BFDeal made a sarcastic post and you turned it into "people JUDGE me for working out at PF"

What does any of that have to do with this thread?

I am not turning a thread. I'm responding to the comment, with agreement (assuming I understand the sarcasm correctly). Those of you who continue to then complain or argue about my comment are the ones who are turning the thread.

Everyone: I'm sorry... Planet Fitness sucks bigtime! Can we all get back to the point now?!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I hate the hate for PF.

Oh I know this.
    Still bothers me.

Only time I watch TV is when I'm at the gym (so once a month - though more in the coming months thanks to dimly lit and icy Maine sidewalks)

So even though you hate why people don't like PF, you have an understanding as to why?
  • levitateme
    Options
  • levitateme
    Options
    I thought it was ok to eat chocolate and pizza IIFYM. Can I get a ruling on this please? Yay or nay to chocolate and pizza? I'm thinking of having a couple Lindt balls tonight so I need a quick answer peeps. Thanks.

There are probably a lot of lint balls in your dryer.

• lishie_rebooted
    Options

I hate the hate for PF.

Oh I know this.
    Still bothers me.

So even though you hate why people don't like PF, you have an understanding as to why?

Duh.
    I have a brain. I've read the articles. Plus I've been on MFP for 3 years.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

Great... let's agree that if one wants to workout at a gym, it doesn't matter which gym that is. I'll agree never to name a gym in future threads because that seems to create too much controversy.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

Great... let's agree that if one wants to workout at a gym, it doesn't matter which gym that is. I'll agree never to name a gym in future threads because that seems to create too much controversy.

Enough with the butthurt. Jeez.