hotties only date other hotties...

Options

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    My family always gives me grief about the guys I date, who are usually of average looks and exceptional minds. "Think how embarrassed we would be to introduce him to people if you married him!"

I just tell them to think of how I feel all the time....I mean, I have to introduce them.
  • DonPidgeon
    DonPidgeon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to initiate the conversations first?

I was partly joking, but you are of course correct.
    Being introvert is not a big helper when it comes to the dating game. We need girls like you who take initiative. :wink:
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying reading this.

Generally speaking, women will date men that are less attractive then they are and men will look for women that are super attractive or out of their league... per stats I've read and can't remember where. I think a fitness magazine.

This isn't always the case. However, I know that women are often a lot harder on themselves then men are in regards to looks and keeping themselves healthy. Women are emotional, men are physical.

cool story bro
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    How do I take you up on your guarantee? I want in on that : )
    Okay, so let's pretend you're sitting there. I'm visually oriented. You're attracted to personality. How is it that you'll find that I have an amazing personality? Perhaps I'm a little nervous around someone so attractive, but I'm confident that I have a lot to offer. I imagine that subconsciously you're still basing your initial impression off of looks alone. Something about my looks will disarm you enough to let me "enter" and allow me to be myself.

Anyway...I'm really only writing all this to appear somewhat like I have a decent personality, but in all honesty. had you not been wearing that bikini, I'd not be sitting here writing all that I have. Now don't judge me...because you have your own set of attraction rules: You sit there and will talk to a guy because he has a "nice personality". On the other hand, I have my set of rules: I value a nice looking booty in a bikini and should not be penalized for it. Yet the moment I say that, you (you as in women in general) automatically disqualify a guy that is as honest as I might be.
    yea, I'm kidding. Some people actually prefer intelligent conversations with a decent person. It's not all about looks and money. Well, not for everyone, anyway....

first of all, thank you. Second, I have a no *kitten* dating rule, so there's that. I also genuinely like a good conversation. If he looks good and has an amazing personality, well, that's a bonus. But, looks just aren't everything to me.

take the guy I've been dating on and off for 6 months or so... he's not the classic "hotty" (he's in my album). I got to know him and fell for him by getting to know him as a person, therefore, fell for his personality. We talked quite a bit before we were able to see each other in person again after 18 years (high school). For the record, I like honesty. If looks is what initially drew a guy to me, its what did, but I guarantee they will stay because of who I am, because I have more to offer than just my looks.

what? You want to get to know me? I'd say start out by saying "hi, I'm John Smith. How are you today?" and go from there....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm so thankful that my wife was not so shallow. She is so out of my league.
    Options

aww, I love seeing these kinds of comments. For the record, I said I was joking.
    Options
    That's settled. I'm hanging out with you people.
    It's too late to lock the door, because I'm already here.

:happy:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Well, not for everyone, anyway....

Just most of us.

whatever floats your boat.

You said "floats" to Poopie Monster. :bigsmile: Oh, and I agree! When I was younger it was more about looks, but not as I got older.
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hotties don't ONLY date other hotties. In a very selfish and superficial culture where appearances are so valued and everyone's goal is to maximize self-gratification, there is certainly a TENDENCY for physically attractive people to gravitate toward one another. However this is not absolute. Wealth and fame tend to enable unattractive people to date "hotties". Also, there are some folks, typically the devoutly religious, who are genuinely attracted to traditional qualities unrelated to appearance or financial security, such as wisdom, loyalty and values.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

aww, I love seeing these kinds of comments. For the record, I said I was joking.

I know you were. You're out of my league too.
  • Canuck_Fit
    Canuck_Fit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My family always gives me grief about the guys I date, who are usually of average looks and exceptional minds. "Think how embarrassed we would be to introduce him to people if you married him!"

I just tell them to think of how I feel all the time....I mean, I have to introduce them.

No offense but that's a pretty superficial family you've got going on there. I'm glad you have the presence of mind to follow your own heart.
  • Sweaty_N_Hungry
    Options

You'd never have to introduce me Naomi...I'd walk around with a T-shirt advertising my undying affliction for you.
    Options

I know you were. You're out of my league too.

only because you're married. :happy:
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options

I can relate. I say the same thing daily. I work in a workplace of 95% women and I get told how "lucky my wife is." I always tell them, "I'm the lucky one in our relationship. She's the one who's stuck with me."
    Options

Just most of us.

You said "floats" to Poopie Monster. :bigsmile: Oh, and I agree! When I was younger it was more about looks, but not as I got older.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: my mom always asked what I was thinking. She said that I could do better in the looks department, even in my younger days...
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    So where the hell do I sit on this scale?

The last two women I asked out blew me off. One did the Old, "maybe", "We'll see". WTF, am I a six year old asking for a cookie? Just say thanks but no thanks. The second woman had been flirting with me for weeks, and yes it was flirting, not just being nice. She made several remarks about how she would date me, liked older men, how she found my sense of humor to be attracitve quality. When I asked her out on a date, she said yes, then when we went to nail down plans, she said she just wanted to do a freinds thing cuz she isnt ready to date anyone yet... SMH...

At this rate, I almost want to give up on women all together... well, not all together, but dating is making me want to get a mail order bride

No I am not rich, but make a good living, I may not be totally hot, but not bad either, and as for personality, effin forget about it, I am the funniest person I know, bar none! It should also be noted that while I play a bad boy on TV, I am easily wrapped around a womans finger and whipped behind closed doors. Perfect guy, I tell you! LOL

Go ahead ladies, give me some honest feedback, what the hell are you looking for?

Well you're not ugly, you have a job, and you're funny? You're fine. Keep trying.

The only thing that would ever really make me say no to someone is if they didn't have self confidence or if they were self deprecating. I can't stand that. Be confident and funny, you'll find a girl :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I'm rich.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

No offense but that's a pretty superficial family you've got going on there. I'm glad you have the presence of mind to follow your own heart.

I'm glad you approve. I was so worried.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I prefer intelligent hotties. There IS a class system, no denying it....:huh:
  • Canuck_Fit
    Canuck_Fit Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Just most of us.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: my mom always asked what I was thinking. She said that I could do better in the looks department, even in my younger days...

Another one? :) Good lord I'm thankful my parents were never like that growing up or even to this day, first question is always is she nice and what's her personality like..family has never ever commented on the looks of someone I've dated.