hotties only date other hotties...

Options

Replies

• K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    yea, I'm kidding. Some people actually prefer intelligent conversations with a decent person. It's not all about looks and money. Well, not for everyone, anyway....

Actually not true. A study was conducted (was watching Science Channel so dont have a link to the article) regarding human attractiveness and what scientists discovered is that humans will select each other based on a rating + or - a number. For example someone that was rated an avg of 5 by all other participants would select a 4, 5 or a 6 as their preference for a partner.

So what your topic says actually correlates.

may be true for some, but definitely not for all.

Yes. Those outliers usually have pretty big bank accounts.

hmm, would apply.... if I've ever been a golddigger, but never have been, so try again.

so is everything always about you?

when you quote me, it is, yes. :tongue:

LOL fair enough. I was quoting your original idea, but didnt mean to imply any of it specifically toward you. Just toward people in general (yes including me). I did find this study. I think its working taking a look at. Even if no one reads it all, theres a bit of

http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homePage/Group/BussLAB/pdffiles/Human Mate Selection - 1985.pdf

I think its interesting because even though we dont think we do these things and our perception is that we arent superficial regarding mate selection of people who are not like ourselves...... But we kinda do.

This isnt the study I was talking about earlier (which just focused on attractiveness). This one is more about characteristics that we possess (intelligence and kindness are 2 above attractiveness which many people have previously stated they would prefer). Of course, that previous study in 1985 was also before the Internet. And all hell has broken loose ever since. :bigsmile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Well, not for everyone, anyway....

Just most of us.

whatever floats your boat.

You said "floats" to Poopie Monster. :bigsmile: Oh, and I agree! When I was younger it was more about looks, but not as I got older.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: my mom always asked what I was thinking. She said that I could do better in the looks department, even in my younger days...

People see pictures of my ex (long-haired rocker, not too bad in the looks department, 3" shorter than me) and can't believe I was married to him. I always dated clean-cut, nicely dressed guys before him. Recently I had a crush on a guy from high school who is really heavy, and ok looking, but there was something about the fact that he grows plants in his kitchen, and has plants that belonged to his mom. I was listening to him talk about them, thinking man, I wish he would just kiss me. Soooo nice, but his constant negativity killed it for me.
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    There has to be some sort of attraction to get you to even start talking looks,confidence everyone has there own opinion :)

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy
  • RatherBeOutside
    RatherBeOutside Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying reading this.

Generally speaking, women will date men that are less attractive then they are and men will look for women that are super attractive or out of their league... per stats I've read and can't remember where. I think a fitness magazine.

This isn't always the case. However, I know that women are often a lot harder on themselves then men are in regards to looks and keeping themselves healthy. Women are emotional, men are physical.

I think this is true, particularly with the idea that men often end up with women who are more physically attractive than they are. However this is often not because the women are being charitable. Often it is because the men are wealthy. ;-)

Said often about this gentleman but in the end only his wife knows and matters.
    donaldtrump.jpg
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    yea, I'm kidding. Some people actually prefer intelligent conversations with a decent person. It's not all about looks and money. Well, not for everyone, anyway....

Actually not true. A study was conducted (was watching Science Channel so dont have a link to the article) regarding human attractiveness and what scientists discovered is that humans will select each other based on a rating + or - a number. For example someone that was rated an avg of 5 by all other participants would select a 4, 5 or a 6 as their preference for a partner.

So what your topic says actually correlates.

may be true for some, but definitely not for all.

Yes. Those outliers usually have pretty big bank accounts.

hmm, would apply.... if I've ever been a golddigger, but never have been, so try again.

so is everything always about you?

when you quote me, it is, yes. :tongue:

LOL fair enough. I was quoting your original idea, but didnt mean to imply any of it specifically toward you. Just toward people in general (yes including me). I did find this study. I think its working taking a look at. Even if no one reads it all, theres a bit of

http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homePage/Group/BussLAB/pdffiles/Human Mate Selection - 1985.pdf

I think its interesting because even though we dont think we do these things and our perception is that we arent superficial regarding mate selection of people who are not like ourselves...... But we kinda do.

This isnt the study I was talking about earlier (which just focused on attractiveness). This one is more about characteristics that we possess (intelligence and kindness are 2 above attractiveness which many people have previously stated they would prefer). Of course, that previous study in 1985 was also before the Internet. And all hell has broken loose ever since. :bigsmile:

Whoa. I was all prepared to read that, but it was SO long and outdated. But, I will say that attractiveness is relevant to the individual. Someone I think is "hot" is probably not classically hot to most people. The guy I date is hot to me, because of his personality and confidence.
  • fjellrev
    fjellrev Posts: 5,078 Member
    Options
    I've unfortunately run into countless shallow individuals who only care about physical "beauty". You can be a total idiotic *kitten*, boring, obnoxious, conceited, ignorant, etc, but LULZ he/she has an amazing body AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

But hey, I guess those people are doing the decent people a favour. That's one advantage to having excess fat. It repels *kitten*.
    Options
    I've unfortunately run into countless shallow individuals who only care about physical "beauty". You can be a total idiotic *kitten*, boring, obnoxious, conceited, ignorant, etc, but LULZ he/she has an amazing body AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

But hey, I guess those people are doing the decent people a favour. That's one advantage to having excess fat. It repels *kitten*.

you have stunning eyes. And, those people who are that shallow that they focus on looks alone aren't worth anyone's time, if that's all they care about. As someone earlier said, beauty fades.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    That's one advantage to having excess fat. It repels *kitten*.

Not true. Some of us *kitten* are deep, able to see past the physical and into even more physical. Some of us like a little chunk. :wink:
    Options
    That's one advantage to having excess fat. It repels *kitten*.

Not true. Some of us *kitten* are deep, able to see past the physical and into even more physical. Some of us like a little chunk. :wink:

methinks someone may not really be a *kitten*, lol.
  • Glamaz0n
    Glamaz0n Posts: 18
    Options

It seems like you're saying that intelligent and decent are the opposite of hot. This isn't true, obviously. Having a physical standard isn't wrong. It's the same thing as having a preference. I prefer hot (by my standard), muscular guys. It's my prerogative.
  • MadisonLeo
    MadisonLeo Posts: 89
    Options
    YB2fSTV.jpg

^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^JUST BROUGHT ME BACK TO LIFE, SO THANK YOU! :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As for the topic, yea, hotties want hotties, hotties want money, hotties want cupcakes sometimes...who the hell knows what anybody wants? I see hot guys with not so hot girls, I see gorgeous women with not hot men, I see hotties with hotties, I see two non hot people madly in love....heck I even saw a guy with a dog once...:noway:

and I am here like, "oh, I love Netflixs and rainbow sprinkles".

At the end of the day, I want a man that thinks the sun rises and sets outta my *kitten*. Yuppers.

:huh:
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    So where the hell do I sit on this scale?

The last two women I asked out blew me off. One did the Old, "maybe", "We'll see". WTF, am I a six year old asking for a cookie? Just say thanks but no thanks. The second woman had been flirting with me for weeks, and yes it was flirting, not just being nice. She made several remarks about how she would date me, liked older men, how she found my sense of humor to be attracitve quality. When I asked her out on a date, she said yes, then when we went to nail down plans, she said she just wanted to do a freinds thing cuz she isnt ready to date anyone yet... SMH...

At this rate, I almost want to give up on women all together... well, not all together, but dating is making me want to get a mail order bride

No I am not rich, but make a good living, I may not be totally hot, but not bad either, and as for personality, effin forget about it, I am the funniest person I know, bar none! It should also be noted that while I play a bad boy on TV, I am easily wrapped around a womans finger and whipped behind closed doors. Perfect guy, I tell you! LOL

Go ahead ladies, give me some honest feedback, what the hell are you looking for?

I'll second others.. you just haven't found your "one" yet.

I wanted to add, though, that I creeped your profile and I think you MUST be leaving something out. You're a war veteran, double amputee, and have lost 60 pounds so far?! If that doesn't give me inspiration, I don't know what will. Plus, you're clearly fairly comfortable in your own skin if you're walking around in Superman get-ups. Haha!

Just remember, it's THEM, not you. Hell, if you were 15 years younger, *I* might date you!

Just keep being you and doing what you do. I hate that I'm about to say this, but - you'll find someone when you least expect it. I get that a lot, but it's happened a few times to me! Those guys didn't work out, but it was great while it lasted.

Anyways. You rock. Don't forget it.

Sorry I was out of pocket for awhile. Thanks to all the great repsonses, and thanks to Bry for letting me hijack her thread. Just to put it out there, I have NO issue with confidense. I am usually the center of attention in all my endeavors and always the loud funny guy at Crossfit or any event. Maybe too much so, at times. LOL. Maybe that's the deal. Anyway. thanks for the feedback guys.
    Options

It seems like you're saying that intelligent and decent are the opposite of hot. This isn't true, obviously. Having a physical standard isn't wrong. It's the same thing as having a preference. I prefer hot (by my standard), muscular guys. It's my prerogative.

nope nope nope. I did not say having standards was wrong. I just said that not everyone always goes for looks. Nothing more, nothing less. People want what they want. Some want looks. Some want money. Some want a great personality. Some want it all in one shiny package. No one is wrong for what they want. :flowerforyou:
    Options

The last two women I asked out blew me off. One did the Old, "maybe", "We'll see". WTF, am I a six year old asking for a cookie? Just say thanks but no thanks. The second woman had been flirting with me for weeks, and yes it was flirting, not just being nice. She made several remarks about how she would date me, liked older men, how she found my sense of humor to be attracitve quality. When I asked her out on a date, she said yes, then when we went to nail down plans, she said she just wanted to do a freinds thing cuz she isnt ready to date anyone yet... SMH...

At this rate, I almost want to give up on women all together... well, not all together, but dating is making me want to get a mail order bride

No I am not rich, but make a good living, I may not be totally hot, but not bad either, and as for personality, effin forget about it, I am the funniest person I know, bar none! It should also be noted that while I play a bad boy on TV, I am easily wrapped around a womans finger and whipped behind closed doors. Perfect guy, I tell you! LOL

Go ahead ladies, give me some honest feedback, what the hell are you looking for?

I'll second others.. you just haven't found your "one" yet.

I wanted to add, though, that I creeped your profile and I think you MUST be leaving something out. You're a war veteran, double amputee, and have lost 60 pounds so far?! If that doesn't give me inspiration, I don't know what will. Plus, you're clearly fairly comfortable in your own skin if you're walking around in Superman get-ups. Haha!

Just remember, it's THEM, not you. Hell, if you were 15 years younger, *I* might date you!

Just keep being you and doing what you do. I hate that I'm about to say this, but - you'll find someone when you least expect it. I get that a lot, but it's happened a few times to me! Those guys didn't work out, but it was great while it lasted.

Anyways. You rock. Don't forget it.

Sorry I was out of pocket for awhile. Thanks to all the great repsonses, and thanks to Bry for letting me hijack her thread. Just to put it out there, I have NO issue with confidense. I am usually the center of attention in all my endeavors and always the loud funny guy at Crossfit or any event. Maybe too much so, at times. LOL. Maybe that's the deal. Anyway. thanks for the feedback guys.

you're always welcome to hijack my threads. Just keep being you and the right one will find you.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options

At the end of the day, I want a man that thinks the sun rises and sets outta my *kitten*. Yuppers.

Get ready for zillions of offers to watch the sunrise with you :noway:
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hotties don't ONLY date other hotties. In a very selfish and superficial culture where appearances are so valued and everyone's goal is to maximize self-gratification, there is certainly a TENDENCY for physically attractive people to gravitate toward one another. However this is not absolute. Wealth and fame tend to enable unattractive people to date "hotties". Also, there are some folks, typically the devoutly religious, who are genuinely attracted to traditional qualities unrelated to appearance or financial security, such as wisdom, loyalty and values.

I agree with this it should be that way my husband was totally not my type when i first met him he was really thin and i usually like teady bear kind of guys but i gave him a shot and 15 years later he is not so thin anymore but i fell in love with him for what i saw inside not what was on the outside and the more we grow with eachother the more i love everything about him, plus he looks really hot in a black suit lol---i think some people's bodies are just not built to look a certain way and what people that have a little meat to them shouldn't be with someone who is all buff that just doesn't make sense to me. When you look in to someone eyes you can tell a lot about them, it has nothing to do with the way there body looks
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I don't want to read through all 4 pages so can someone just let me know if DrChimp has made an appearance yet?
  • MadisonLeo
    MadisonLeo Posts: 89
    Options

Get ready for zillions of offers to watch the sunrise with you :noway:

It's been like 5 minutes....still waiting...LOL :yawn: :wink:
    Options
    I don't want to read through all 4 pages so can someone just let me know if DrChimp has made an appearance yet?

surprisingly, not yet...
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

my honest feedback is no woman owes you anything just because you are a nice guy. maybe when you get that sense of entitlement out of your head, you can treat women like human beings who have their crap going on which might have nothing to do with you, or maybe they just don't want to tell you to your face that they aren't into you.

I know this guy who i can tell is into me. He's nice. He's a good guy. I haven't blatantly told him i'm not into him. If he asked me if I thought he was funny or whatever, i would say yeah, sure. But my god if he ever tries to ask me out, I'm gonna have to come up with some way to ditch him. He's nice enough that i don't want to hurt his feelings. But the thought of kissing him makes my skin crawl. I'm just not into him.
    Damn, that took an ugly turn! You are correct, no woman owes me anything because I am a nice guy, but I would assume common human decency and respect for yourself and others would allow you to be mature enough to just say "I am not interested" or “thanks but no thanks”, don't string someone along with maybes or worse yet say “Yes” and then friend-zone them before the first date. LOL. Then again, maybe that is just my sense of entitlement crap I have in my head (… ahem, man hater).
    I never ask anything from a woman that she is not willing or wanting to give, to include her time, friendship, and love. If anything, you just proved my point on how crazy women are for no apparent reason that we men can see. I am sorry for whoever hurt you, but I am not him. I hope that guy that you know, who you would never kiss, is able to see the light, and come away from you unscathed, for his sake.