Starting Insanity Max 30 December 15th

Options

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just ordered mine today so hopefully should recieve it next week sometime. I have done several rounds of t25 and insanity this last year too. Also have tried p90x3 but cant get on with it. Really looking forward to starting max 30.

Yeah. P90X3 is okay, but it lacks something. It could be that Tony was really annoying. The way he kept bashing gyms/gym goers got really annoying.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't like a lot of talk, it gets tired. Amazon shipped mine today but I doubt I'll see it before early next week.
    I have T25 and 2 Insanity DVD's, (I bought them off EBay separate from package) to add to my rotations. I like Shaun and also use Jillian and Amy Dixon. Amy's tabata's are great too, helped me break a plateau last year,
  • Aarthurdc
    Aarthurdc Posts: 21 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Lapre79 wrote: »
    I started Monday. I've done T25 (all three phases), P90X3, and the original Insanity in the past year and I cannot believe how sore I am after 2 days of Insanity Max. This thing is brutal. Shaun T has seriously lost his mind on some of this stuff. It's all new moves. Very few borrowed exercises from T25 or Insanity. First day is Cardio Challenge. A relentless 30 minutes of leg shredding cardio. Second day was Tabata Power and this was an insanely hard workout. I can't recall the last time I've been this sore...

I have done all these too....now I am super excited to start this!!
  • debraran1
    Options
    I know he wants you to start and stop when you need a rest but is it distracting when others in the dvd do it? I know in Insanity, occasionally he would send someone (even if they didn't seem that tired) to get water, etc. but it wasn't that distracting. I would rather they just did it but I think he was trying to show viewers it was okay. I saw a clip with people running to a board, just wondered how much that was in DVD's. Thanks for any preview.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    debraran1 wrote: »
    I know he wants you to start and stop when you need a rest but is it distracting when others in the dvd do it? I know in Insanity, occasionally he would send someone (even if they didn't seem that tired) to get water, etc. but it wasn't that distracting. I would rather they just did it but I think he was trying to show viewers it was okay. I saw a clip with people running to a board, just wondered how much that was in DVD's. Thanks for any preview.

Yea they run to the board when they max out to write down their time. It doesn't distract me much. Shaun T does alot of talking in these like T25 and Insanity. I personally like Tony Horton better (I think he's funny plus we are both from Rhode Island :smile: )
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    Friday Fight was by far the hardest video of the week. I maxed at about 8 mins. Started out good then hit the in and out abs in plank. Looked at my HRM and I was at 165. I've never hit that high even with Insanity. I was impressed.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Lapre79 wrote: »
    Friday Fight was by far the hardest video of the week. I maxed at about 8 mins. Started out good then hit the in and out abs in plank. Looked at my HRM and I was at 165. I've never hit that high even with Insanity. I was impressed.

I maxed out at 8.32 for Friday Fight. I think it's definitely a toss up between FF & Sweat Intervals on the hardest videos.
  • ColePens
    ColePens Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This workout... is not for most. I see a lot of people stashing this one away. It's T25/Insanity at an insane level. High impact and very high difficulty level, IMO. Failure will happen over and over again. And if anyone says they aren't failing.. then they are cheating in the workout. It's built to push you to new levels of you. 100 people could do the workout and 100 people could do the exercises slightly different to their body.

Maxed out 9:07 on Cardio and just about 10 minutes on tabata. I pride myself on being able to do these style workouts, but this brought extreme soreness. A lot of high-impact high-level movements. This will test my mind beautifully and I know I'm going to be shredded when completed.

I am doing a walk-through week so I can get a good workout but also understand the workout. I watch it through and then I do the workout to see where I'm at. I'll be starting it full-time after the holidays. For now, I'm just doing the workouts to get used to it.

My one question... on lunges/squats it looks like it's about speed and not about going deep into the lunge/squat. Does anyone else notice that? I am not sure if I'm supposed to go down deep in the squat or if I'm supposed to do half squats/lunges for speed. It looks as-if Shaun T does like a 1/2 3/4 squat or lunge and does it for speed as opposed to strength.

• ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I did a trial run today with Max Cardio. Officially starting the program December 15th. I did Insanity but, the length of the workouts prevented me from doing a second round. Looking forward to doing this program.
  • Globe01
    Options
    Just completed day 1 Cardio. I remember similar soreness when i did my first T25 workout. Now i'm having the exact same feeling.

Max out at 8:05 mins, follow by frequent maxout breaks (about 10 times) till the end of the workout.

Gonna try day 2 tomorrow, but seems scary base on the description provided by some of the guys in this thread

Gonna have a good sleep tonight for sure
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Globe01 wrote: »
    Just completed day 1 Cardio. I remember similar soreness when i did my first T25 workout. Now i'm having the exact same feeling.

Max out at 8:05 mins, follow by frequent maxout breaks (about 10 times) till the end of the workout.

Gonna try day 2 tomorrow, but seems scary base on the description provided by some of the guys in this thread

Gonna have a good sleep tonight for sure

What helps me get through it is switching back and forth between Shaun T and the modifier. I push as hard as I can, and then when I feel myself starting to die, I switch to the modifier, that way I can catch my breath, but keep going.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am starting today as well. I need friends and motivation. please friend me. Thanks!
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Definitely want to try this, I have done Insanity many time and I'm pretty tired of the original videos. If Santa doesn't bring it for me maybe I will buy in January!
  • MrsVin86
    MrsVin86 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great group of people! Sorry I didn't respond until now, I never received any notifications that people answered me :( I am doing my first video tonight after work...though I'd rather do it in the morning...Monday mornings are always tough for morning workouts :) For those doing it currently, we should share our 30 day mark progress once we get there!
  • debraran1
    Options
    my delivery is Wednesday so I'll probably start Thursday, be nice to see what happens in a month especially with Christmas and New Years in between!
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    Really need to stretch out your calf muscles before and during that cardio video. Just so much jumping my calfs are like rocks after the warmup alone. That was one of the biggest issues I had with T25 is my lower legs constantly sore and cramping up on me. Insanity Max has just as much jumping.

Has anyone tried out the bonus video yet?
  • debraran1
    Options
    Thanks for that tip, I was getting leg cramps at night after T25. I also went and bought a really thick mat to help too.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow, just came in mail today finally. Better get my kt tape ready, haven't used since I did insanity before.
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    Not looking forward to Tabata today :s
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    I did Cardio Challenge and I increased my max out from 9.11 to 16.32. I stuck mostly with the modifier today, due to a strenuous kettlebell workout yesterday.