Starting Insanity Max 30 December 15th

Options

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I really love Shaun T guys. He talks a lot, but I always feel so motivated to keep going while doing his videos. Even when I'm dying, he just says something that sparks me into fighting harder. It's pretty nifty seeing as it's a dvd and he's not there watching you.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    He talks, but not like some who tell stories and it gets old very fast, he is all about the routine. Amy Dixon is like that too, I like it.

Mine just came! Going to try cardio challenge and tabata power if I can to help with goodies I ate today at office party
  • debraran1
    Options
    Wow, loved that workout, went to 17, modified the power knee and jumped low not high. Abs, I thought, 10, that's nothing, but the power V I'm used too with Pilates, I was just too tired, around 8, I had to stop for a short time and then stop again for a few seconds around 9 1/2. Look forward to doing it with HRM next time. Learning the moves, I hope to have it down after a few times.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love it already, did insanity and t25 previously. On day 3 tomorrow for sweat intervals. I maxed out 6:41 for cardio challenge day 1 and maxed 10:10 on day 2 for Tabata power :) my endorphins are serious in full drive right now lol

My mother did the straight arm jacks then stopped and left to watch tv looool
  • jdhcm2006
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I did Sweat Fest a few moments ago, and it's basically Insanity month 1 & 2 condensed into 30 minutes. It's truly insane. So far it's the hardest workout that I've done in Max 30. I maxed out at 24.36. I was hoping to got the full 30 minutes, but I was feeling acid coming up my esophagus, which means I was getting close to vomiting (I know this b/c I vomited a little once during Insanity - I kept going - but it taught me my limits, lol).

Sweat Fest does not have a cooldown portion, so I went back to the stretch portion of the workout and used it as a cooldown.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Lapre79 wrote: »

Damn that guy must be really pushing himself. He's constantly hitting 500+ cals burned in those vids. My highest burn yet has been around 480. Either that or his HRM is very liberal compared to mine lol

I was wondering if that was high, LOL! I don't own a HRM, so I just lowball estimate it as circuit training.

• rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    BTW, Beachbody has blank calendars that you can print and track your workouts with. You have to fill in the videos, but it beats scanning or writing in the original booklet.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity-max-30-worksheets.do
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Lapre79 wrote: »

Damn that guy must be really pushing himself. He's constantly hitting 500+ cals burned in those vids. My highest burn yet has been around 480. Either that or his HRM is very liberal compared to mine lol

I was wondering if that was high, LOL! I don't own a HRM, so I just lowball estimate it as circuit training.

It is high. I gave it my all in Sweat Fest and burned about 365 calories. The highest calorie burn I've gotten is around 385. I haven't even cracked the 390s. Maybe in the second month. The only workout that I do burn 400-500+ calories is my 1hr spin class.
  • debraran1
    Options
    That seems realistic. Guys burn more, heavier weights, etc. but I never got over low 200's with T25 even pushing it. My heart rate would drop quickly afterwards but my doctor told me that's good, that's the goal, the better shape you are in, you'll burn less, your heart will pump better but those lower numbers show improvement not laziness. That helped, because like the scale, you sometimes get too hooked into the numbers and not your overall fitness effort. You are doing great just getting through these workouts. ; )
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Maxed about 10 minutes or so yesterday on Sweat Intervals. The wide in out abs got me. :(
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    Tempted to swap out tonights workout with the other Tabata video or maybe even the bonus video. I hate doing a video twice in a week like that. Especially two days apart from another.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Tabata Power this morning. Maxed out at 15.20, with previous times being 10.20, 10.55, and 14.12. So my endurance is going up. I got my highest calorie burn this morning doing this workout.
  • Soundwave79
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Went ahead and did the Tabata Strength tonight. About as tough as the Tabata Power but different circuits. Alot of pushups... V's, diamonds, wides. Diamond jumps into burpees :s
    Maxed out about 9 mins in. Burned 305 cals in the 30 minutes. Can't say I like it more or less then the other Tabata. I will probably just alternate them going forward. Oh and the return of Mummy Kicks B)
  • debraran1
    Options
    Mummy kicks! Amy Dixon calls them "Russian dance", I find it fun how everyone has different names for their moves.
    I put in sweat intervals and the second I pressed "play" our lights went out, the whole street. Back in 5 but I laughed someone wanted me to have a break. ; )
    I didn't like sweat as much as cardio challenge and tabata power but I will mix and match when I've tried them all. Sweating big time though! Maxed about 10 but had trouble with lunges so I improvised to give my knee a break today.
    Doing ab attack now before dinner.
  • lingo10
    Options
    Did sweat intervals today, maxed out at 2nd/3rd set of in out wide leg lmao. Time is getting better a bit, maxed at 12:14. Burned 500 cal, highest burn so far.
  • lingo10
    Options
    Got Tabata power tmrw again, so I gotta psyche myself to stay in with those push ups.
  • debraran1
    Options
    I might do Friday Fight tomorrow instead of tabata strength and do that Saturday. Anyone do Friday Fight and enjoy it (as much as you could?)
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    Friday Fight is the hardest video I've done in the series so far
  • debraran1
    Options
    I will see that soon. Unlike some programs where I jumped ahead quickly , I might just preview dvd,s coming up first. I am going to rotate some oldie but goodie,s in for strength and cardio to keep it fresh and not keep working things the same way.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • jdhcm2006
    edited December 2014
    Options
    debraran1 wrote: »
    I will see that soon. Unlike some programs where I jumped ahead quickly , I might just preview dvd,s coming up first. I am going to rotate some oldie but goodie,s in for strength and cardio to keep it fresh and not keep working things the same way.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Yeah, I try to watch a new video first so I have a general idea of what's happening.

This morning was Friday Fight Round 1. It's so hard. I increased my maxout from 8.32 to 11.06. I'm going to try to get on my TRX later today b/c it's my birthday and I plan to eat GOOD! Starting with lunch with my dad (who's also a birthday boy today :) ). I need to get some good burns into today so I won't look like a total glutton, ;)