Starting Insanity Max 30 December 15th

Options

Replies

• debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I made it through all of Cardio Challenge today. I'm very happy. I was just hoping to make it past 17 minutes.

You will, that's my goal today. I have a Xmas party at work during lunch so a lot to burn off I'm sure. Nothing like a smorgasbord of good food to pick from. I refuse to feel guilty. : )
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    joehempel wrote: »
    Cardio Challenge, Maxed Out at 7:16.....not happy with that, but something to build on....camera didn't last for 30 minutes so I don't have a video....just jumped back in after I maxed and kept on plugging away.

My shoulder keeps me from doing the in and out shoulder taps (left shoulder surgery less than 2 months ago).

I work for an ortho office, good advice not to aggravate shoulder. I have my wrists bother me sometimes, I will do standing mountain climbers for instance when he does a plank mountain climber or standing in/outs instead of plank to give it a rest a couple of reps if needed.
    As long as your heart rate is up, staying in the game is the goal even if you don't follow every move.
    Keep up the good work!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    ah that's a good idea! The shoulder actually does well enough for pushups and pull-ups, but supporting my weight all on one arm even for the little bit aggravates it.....could just do the regular in and outs.

Anyone else think that the regular Insanity just "seems" shorter? Obviously it's not, but I have a better time with Insanity than MAX 30 so far.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Anyone else think that the regular Insanity just "seems" shorter? Obviously it's not, but I have a better time with Insanity than MAX 30 so far.

In a way it is. Most of those original Insanity vids had like 12 total mins of stretching and longer water breaks. Seems to me like to make these Max 30 vids they just decided to cut out the stretching segments and cut down the water breaks a little bit. But I think in our minds it seems longer because it's more non stop. With regular Insanity you kind of took it in segments. Like ok... 9 minute warmup I can deal... once the warmup is done you stretch and build your energy back up. Then circuits with nice breaks in between. Then all of a sudden it's over and you are stretching again. With Max 30... all I think about is "ugh... omg how am I going to make it through 30 straight minutes of this" lol :s

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Today was Tabata Strength. I didn't give it my all, b/c my knees were giving me a little bit of trouble, but I still get a decent workout in. This is my last Max 30 workout of the week due to traveling for the holidays. I'll be taking my suspension trainer with me so I can keep working out, but there's no way I'll be able to do any Max 30 work due to the space requirements.

I still can't believe I went through the entire Cardio Challenge without maxing out last night. I wonder if I'll be able to do that again on Monday after all of the holiday food. ;)
  • joehempel
    Options
    [quote="Lapre79; "ugh... omg how am I going to make it through 30 straight minutes of this" lol :s

[/quote]

Haha! I know right? If anyone's maxing out in week one, sorry, you aren't pushing hard enough, or you're modifying and need to move up, or don't understand what maxing out really means. I'm in pretty great cardio shape and this....to quote Shaun T.....That s$%t was bananas yo!! Makes Insanity seem easy!
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Okay did push Friday Fight Rd1 to today, no more rest days this week or the alotted ones on the weekend. Maxed out at 8:41, wanted to get to my 19 minutes from tabata but just couldnt go further. FRIDAY FIGHT IS NO JOKE LMFAO!! Burned 435 cal though, so im good with that :)

Got Cardio Challenge, week 2 starting tomorrow. I hope to go past my previous 6 minutes and 41 secs.

To be honest, you can max out in week 1, if you are pushing hard enough, when you reach the point where you are losing form, cant do the move any longer, or are breathing very heavy and cant breathe.
  • lingo10
    Options
    Everyone has different strengths and capacities, we just have to learn to build upon them. :)
  • jdhcm2006
    edited December 2014
    Options
    [quote="Lapre79; "ugh... omg how am I going to make it through 30 straight minutes of this" lol :s
    Haha! I know right? If anyone's maxing out in week one, sorry, you aren't pushing hard enough, or you're modifying and need to move up, or don't understand what maxing out really means. I'm in pretty great cardio shape and this....to quote Shaun T.....That s$%t was bananas yo!! Makes Insanity seem easy!

I won't lie, I'm a bit confused by this response. I thought the point was to max out on every video and to increase your max out time until you can make it through the entire workout without having to stop. Am I missing something?

• joehempel
    Options
    Maxing out means that first break. That first time you slow down, lose form, modify etc. If someone's making it through tue whole thing without stopping and taking a break once, I question it that first week. It doesn't effect me at all, I know what I can do, others have their own goals.

If you are keeping a certain pace, then the first time you have to slow it down that's your max out. Then you build on that. This in my opinion is actually harder than the regular insanity. It may be a mental thing, but I think the go go go for 30 min is harder. Especially when they throw moves from Asylum in there! Lol.

Today was Tabata Power, Maxed at 8:16. Really wanted 10 but the strength in my shoulder just isn't there yet. No pain, just not there for the plyo pushups and the pushup hop things.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

I won't lie, I'm a bit confused by this response. I thought the point was to max out on every video and to increase your max out time until you can make it through the entire workout without having to stop. Am I missing something?
    I think he meant to say "If anyone's not maxing out week one"
  • joehempel
    Options
    Lapre79 wrote: »

Oh lord, I missed that.....TWICE!!! Thanks for the clarification...you're right.
  • Aarthurdc
    Aarthurdc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have completed the first Cardio Challenge and Tabata Power so far. I run and also do Baptiste yoga, so I fit this into my work out repertoire. I have to say, the Tabata power kicked my tail, and I thought Cardio was a killer too...though I made it the whole way...(though I screamed:). I made it to 22 minutes or so on Tabata...the high speed jumps were a killer as were the plank jump push-ups. My knees hurt a little tonight....it was no doubt intense.

I agree that this workout seems harder than Insanity, and I did Insanity at least 4 times ..and did both Asylums, and T25( twice). I have not even tried a workout from month 2 yet for Max 30, and I already am thinking, "wow, Shaun T nailed another hard core workout!" However, maybe we will all get used to this like we did Insanity..

Either way, a great workout, but could be hard on the knees and joints, so be careful! Since it is raining tomorrow, I will likely try another workout.

• jdhcm2006
    Options

Oh lord, I missed that.....TWICE!!! Thanks for the clarification...you're right.

Ok. Thanks @Lapre79‌ for helping us clear that up.
  • ColePens
    ColePens Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    For the people maxing out at 5-8 minutes... don't get down on yourself. That's what this workout is there to do. You are supposed to push yourself to limits you've never dreamed possible. Your mental capacity AND body are going to see the best results you ever get. Keep pushing and go harder!

This will be unpopular... but If anyone makes it past 16 minutes on week 1, they aren't going as hard as they can. If you are going as hard as you can, you should be maxing out somewhere in that 5-10 minute range and then grow from there. The longest I ever made it was 11 minutes on sweat intervals day. The pushups knock me out but I don't half-*kitten* a single thing. This DVD set is every bit a mental push as it is a physical one.

The mental part of it is just as much as the great workout. Even modifying, you can push yourself to maxing out. That's the entire purpose of the workout set. If you are making it past those marks, you need to go harder and find new levels of insanity that you can do. Because the truth is... your body has a whole other level you haven't tapped into yet and I cannot wait to hear the results when you tap into it.
  • joehempel
    Options
    ColePens wrote: »

This will be unpopular... but If anyone makes it past 16 minutes on week 1, they aren't going as hard as they can. If you are going as hard as you can, you should be maxing out somewhere in that 5-10 minute range and then grow from there. The longest I ever made it was 11 minutes on sweat intervals day. The pushups knock me out but I don't half-*kitten* a single thing. This DVD set is every bit a mental push as it is a physical one.

The mental part of it is just as much as the great workout. Even modifying, you can push yourself to maxing out. That's the entire purpose of the workout set. If you are making it past those marks, you need to go harder and find new levels of insanity that you can do. Because the truth is... your body has a whole other level you haven't tapped into yet and I cannot wait to hear the results when you tap into it.

You nailed it dude!

I won't be happy until I hit that 10 minute mark though.

Asylum was definitely harder than this, but it was also a different style of workout.

The Pushups are harder on me because of my shoulder surgery, but I don't let that be an excuse...I can deal with a little pain, I won't re-injure it with the type of surgery I had (ac joint). The only thing I CAN'T physically do is the thing in Cardio Challenge where you do IN and OUTS with the shoulder taps.
  • lingo10
    Options

Ahh got it. Thought he was saying something different lol
  • lingo10
    Options
    You definitely will have some days where you can last longer than others.
  • joehempel
    Options
    Going to try and keep the pace with a video each day from here on out (although the next couple days will be tough) -- Here's Day 2 -- Tabata Power!

http://youtu.be/vBmykfbVRys
  • joehempel
    Options
    Okay, this video is AWESOME. Shaun T joins the NC Fit Club to do Friday Fight! He maxes out at 10 minutes....even the master maxes out!! Absolutely great to see him struggling to make it through, and actually, makes me feel a whole lot better about my workouts. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w9C14u5p78