women who dont shave

Options

Replies

• bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    i think it's their body and they have a right to shave or not shave, whatever makes them happy. it's none of my business.

personally i shave because it's my boyfriend's preference. if it were up to me, i'd probably only shave if i knew i were going to be out in public with my legs/armpits exposed. i don't like to draw attention to myself, and shaving seems to be the path of least resistance socially.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm in the "as long as she is clean, I don't care if she shaves" group. The main issue is the feeling during the stubble phase, but heck, my face goes through that when I let my beard grow out, so...
  • swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    @malavika413 - I feel your pain and I'm so sorry. Boob fairy hit me wicked hard in 3rd grade, didn't get bras until much later. Between that and cystic acne, hair, and weight gain, my childhood was not very fun. Young people are probably the worst with these kinds of things!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I barely grow body hair, armpits= a spot about the size of a quarter and legs= hand print size patch on my inner calves, so it takes about 2 minutes to shave. I prefer shaven, but I guess for some it may be a burden.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I knew a guy who raced bicycles and used to shave his legs because of it. I never really understood how that helped so if any boys here have an answer to that, I'd be curious to know the reason. I can't imagine it being an aerodynamic thing no matter how hairy your legs are.

Had to weigh in on this. First, it actually is, or can be, a fairly large aerodynamic aid. Something on the order of 70 seconds over a standard 40k Time Trial. In the cycling world, that's a huge time savings. People spend literally thousands on equipment to get time savings a fraction the size of this. Here's a video discussing the recent test if anybody cares.

The other commonly mentioned reasons for cyclists at least are massage being more comfortable (this is coming from pro cyclists who get massages frequently, but amateurs wanting to "be Pro" means it trickles down) and more importantly, wound care and reducing infection since bike racers frequently have road rash on the legs from crashes.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

I still think you are being pretty judgmental.

What's wrong with having a personal preference? We apply preferences all the time to select mates - and friends even. That's human nature.

Personal preferences are great. Holding others to a standard that you don't hold yourself to is not.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Aross83 wrote: »
    So I'm just curious on peoples thoughts on woman who dont shave. I'm talking legs armpits. Not shaving anything. Does this gross you out to see a woman in her natural state? If so why?

ain't shaved, ain't eaten.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

I still think you are being pretty judgmental.

What's wrong with having a personal preference? We apply preferences all the time to select mates - and friends even. That's human nature.

Personal preferences are great. Holding others to a standard that you don't hold yourself to is not.

So you feel that a guy who doesn't shave but wants his GF to shave is doing that?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that some people are speaking up about this in a positive way for those who choose not to shave. I am one of those women, mainly because it annoys me all to h*ll that there is this double standard. Men can have hair wherever, but women are expected to be hairless and smooth everywhere? People, we are all animals. Some of us have more "fur" than others naturally. I suppose living in this culture I wish I was less hairy, but I'm not. I'm SO sorry that my forearm hair grosses you out, man! *rolls eyes* A lifetime of knowing this is what many people think causes me to almost always wear long sleeves.

I am hairier than my male partner of 15 years, and he doesn't give a crap. Maybe it's a punk thing?

I don't shave my legs or armpits because I think the double standard is for the birds. That said, I generally don't expose it because of my own issues – not because I think it is gross, because I don't, but I guess because I don't feel like dealing with stares and snickers.

Just so you all know, some women even have hairy faces! *gasp* And it's sometimes just because that's how they are, not because of a hormonal imbalance or anything else. On that subject, I think many more women have facial hair than any of us could know because it is SO taboo. I'm going to be frank here, because why not? I have to shave my face every day. It sucks, but here is something I probably absolutely HAVE to do so I don't look like a circus sideshow. I actually did let it grow for a while when I was at college (one that was VERY liberal and arty), and no one ever said boo to me about it. If only all the world was like that! It was an interesting experiment. Again, my partner knows about it but it doesn't bother him.

Get a life, people. It's HAIR.

ohh satan do i ever love this post

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    gross.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    sentaruu wrote: »
    women who don't shave tend to smell weird...
    I somewhat agree with this
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Um, NO. I don't smell weird. I bathe and use deodorant. Problem solved. Do men with hair smell weird? If they don't practice good personal hygiene, then yes, they will. How is that hard to understand?
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    I am so glad that some people are speaking up about this in a positive way for those who choose not to shave. I am one of those women, mainly because it annoys me all to h*ll that there is this double standard. Men can have hair wherever, but women are expected to be hairless and smooth everywhere? People, we are all animals. Some of us have more "fur" than others naturally. I suppose living in this culture I wish I was less hairy, but I'm not. I'm SO sorry that my forearm hair grosses you out, man! *rolls eyes* A lifetime of knowing this is what many people think causes me to almost always wear long sleeves.

I am hairier than my male partner of 15 years, and he doesn't give a crap. Maybe it's a punk thing?

I don't shave my legs or armpits because I think the double standard is for the birds. That said, I generally don't expose it because of my own issues – not because I think it is gross, because I don't, but I guess because I don't feel like dealing with stares and snickers.

Just so you all know, some women even have hairy faces! *gasp* And it's sometimes just because that's how they are, not because of a hormonal imbalance or anything else. On that subject, I think many more women have facial hair than any of us could know because it is SO taboo. I'm going to be frank here, because why not? I have to shave my face every day. It sucks, but here is something I probably absolutely HAVE to do so I don't look like a circus sideshow. I actually did let it grow for a while when I was at college (one that was VERY liberal and arty), and no one ever said boo to me about it. If only all the world was like that! It was an interesting experiment. Again, my partner knows about it but it doesn't bother him.

Thank you. I usually don't talk about my facial hair, but you know, if more people did, fewer women would have to feel ashamed.
  • veronakings
    Options
    burn your bras! throw away your razors!
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I shave more than my wife does
  • veronakings
    Options
    really, though, who cares? it doesn't matter at all. if someone is going to comment on any aspect of my appearance or like not be my friend(?) because of something so stupid, they are most likely not worth anybody's time in the first place.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    I knew a guy who raced bicycles and used to shave his legs because of it. I never really understood how that helped so if any boys here have an answer to that, I'd be curious to know the reason. I can't imagine it being an aerodynamic thing no matter how hairy your legs are.

Had to weigh in on this. First, it actually is, or can be, a fairly large aerodynamic aid. Something on the order of 70 seconds over a standard 40k Time Trial. In the cycling world, that's a huge time savings. People spend literally thousands on equipment to get time savings a fraction the size of this. Here's a video discussing the recent test if anybody cares.

The other commonly mentioned reasons for cyclists at least are massage being more comfortable (this is coming from pro cyclists who get massages frequently, but amateurs wanting to "be Pro" means it trickles down) and more importantly, wound care and reducing infection since bike racers frequently have road rash on the legs from crashes.
    Hey thanks so much for this! I genuinely was curious. I knew even a fraction of a second counted but couldn't fathom it even making that much of a difference! The medical necessity of it didn't even occur to me. Durf.

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »

Thank you. I usually don't talk about my facial hair, but you know, if more people did, fewer women would have to feel ashamed.

I wax my upper lip once every month and a half. I could probably let it go longer but.. my skin is pale and my hair is dark..so it would be pretty noticeable. We bohemians are a hairy bunch. My grandmother sports a fuzzy chin and lip. She's 92 and there are no f***s given.
  • zSandman
    zSandman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    zSandman wrote: »
    Huge turn off. Especially armpit hair. I attribute it with hygiene.
    So you shave your pits then, or are you one of the gross people?

Strong personal attack.
    And a weak answer.

Yes I do but not cleanly shaven. There are parts that should be kept clean like the pits and other parts where just a trim would do it for men.

• swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Huge turn off. Especially armpit hair. I attribute it with hygiene.
    So you shave your pits then, or are you one of the gross people?

Strong personal attack.
    And a weak answer.

Yes I do but not cleanly shaven. There are parts that should be kept clean like the pits and other parts where just a trim would do it for men.

>other parts where just a trim would do it for men
    >for men
    ?