Options

Replies

• zSandman
    zSandman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    zSandman wrote: »
    Huge turn off. Especially armpit hair. I attribute it with hygiene.
    So you shave your pits then, or are you one of the gross people?

Strong personal attack.
    And a weak answer.

Yes I do but not cleanly shaven. There are parts that should be kept clean like the pits and other parts where just a trim would do it for men.

>other parts where just a trim would do it for men
    >for men
    ?

Trimming chest hair for example. Don't see many woman with chest hair regardless. Nothing misogynistic was meant in my post, don't take it out of context.
  • swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I didn't take it out of context..

I also never claimed that you were being misogynistic.
  • zSandman
    Options
    In general. Just wanted to clarify that before I get flamed ITT.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Some of us have very little armpit hair and get away with plucking or even bleaching. Wish it was that easy for the legs!
    Lady hair doesn't bother me, as long as she's not a damn wookie.

I ain't trying to get a handful of Chewbacca butt.

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL!!!
    snjsvdnbgxab.jpg

Lmao!!!
  • Dared2Evolve
    Dared2Evolve Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    Or you can get really fancy....

a74139e84a203fcfcc4838a3fe38f060.jpg

Is this a real thing? :\
  • swole_elsa
    Options

You'd think the rhinestones would wear off in a short amount of time
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

Strong personal attack.
    And a weak answer.

Yes I do but not cleanly shaven. There are parts that should be kept clean like the pits and other parts where just a trim would do it for men.
    My very first reply to you was just being a sarcastic turd.

Friends? I'll shave your back if you'll shave mine. *bats eyelashes*

• brewinggirl_butskinnier
    brewinggirl_butskinnier Posts: 108 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Seems to be a body hair double standard these days.

LOL. How can you even begin to count the double-standards in life?

Having worked in a heavily male-dominated (and frankly, grubby) industry for my entire career, I've decided that I truly enjoy being "feminine". After working all day in a hard hat and steel-toed shoes, I'm ready to be a girl again.

Granted, what makes one feel feminine varies widely. It can be aesthetic.

For me personally shaving is one of the rituals of being a woman that I enjoy regularly.
    It makes my skin very smooth, and whether you like it or not, hair provides surface area for bacterial growth, which can cause odor.

I enjoy putting on makeup but it's not something I do daily (it would just run off) or nearly as often as I shave.
    I find interesting the backlash against shaving (or I should say against other women's preference FOR shaving) by women wearing heavy makeup (again, I love makeup it just seems interesting). Granted this is just judging by avatar and perhaps they don't actually wear it in real life? But if you do wear it, some could consider that a construct much the same as the introduction of shaving to women.

As for men who prefer women to be shaved...well I really really do not find a full beard attractive (or would not want to be physically close and rubbing on a full beard). I don't see that as a heck of a lot different.

Each to their own I guess.
  • swole_elsa
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I enjoy putting on makeup but it's not something I do daily (it would just run off) or nearly as often as I shave.
    I find interesting the backlash against shaving (or I should say against other women's preference FOR shaving) by women wearing heavy makeup (again, I love makeup it just seems interesting). Granted this is just judging by avatar and perhaps they don't actually wear it in real life? But if you do wear it, some could consider that a construct much the same as the introduction of shaving to women.

I didn't see the women who don't shave complaining about the women that do shave, in this thread at least.

I also don't think there's as much of a stigma about not wearing makeup as there is about not having hair on your body.

I have seen women complaining about other women's choices on other threads, however, and I think this is a big issue feminism fails to address much of the time. If women want respect for their gender then they need to stop putting each other down first and begin to empower one another, no matter their preferences

ETA I totally understand the wanting to feel "girly," I'm usually a bum in my college courses since there's no reason to get dressed up and it's nice to pamper yourself once in a while ;)
  • zSandman
    Options

Strong personal attack.
    And a weak answer.

My very first reply to you was just being a sarcastic turd.

Friends? I'll shave your back if you'll shave mine. *bats eyelashes*

Friends :wink:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

I dont shave and I would never shame someone for choosing to do so...I dont see where anyone else did in this thread

i am going to assume you were including me in this heavy makeup wearing non shaving women group you are referring to .Yea I wear make up often but what does that have to do with my not shaving? nothing, i do what i want

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

I met a chick who braided her pit hair, and she bathed in patchouli. It was tore up from the floor up.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I am pasty-white with BLACK hair, so, no. It would scare children. I shave/wax everything that needs it from the neck down.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    As a side note, hair is very porous, and tends to absorb and trap body odor. I do notice a definite difference in how far apart I need my showers to be, depending on my level of hairiness in armpit/crotchal regions. Tile is easier to clean up and keep clean than carpet. Just saying.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    As a side note, hair is very porous, and tends to absorb and trap body odor. I do notice a definite difference in how far apart I need my showers to be, depending on my level of hairiness in armpit/crotchal regions. Tile is easier to clean up and keep clean than carpet. Just saying.
    Cleanliness is not always a priority for a good proportion of the population.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

I didn't see the women who don't shave complaining about the women that do shave, in this thread at least.

I also don't think there's as much of a stigma about not wearing makeup as there is about not having hair on your body.

I have seen women complaining about other women's choices on other threads, however, and I think this is a big issue feminism fails to address much of the time. If women want respect for their gender then they need to stop putting each other down first and begin to empower one another, no matter their preferences

ETA I totally understand the wanting to feel "girly," I'm usually a bum in my college courses since there's no reason to get dressed up and it's nice to pamper yourself once in a while ;)

Wholeheartedly agree with this.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

Where was the backlash against shaving? I must have missed it.

Shaving and makeup are not one in the same.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I don't shave regularly in the winter. Last winter I developed a terrible allergy to deodorant and shaving made it worse. I HAD to let my pits grow out to let them heal. I have since switched up to a more natural deodorant and the issue went away. I hate the hassle of shaving and would rather have hair, not stubble. Not shaving at all this winter. My husband actually prefers it. B) No I do not smell, yes I am a hairy Italian chick, and I don't really care if other people think I am gross for not shaving. They aren't going to see it anyway!