Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    LoryBear wrote: »
    levitateme wrote: »
    LoryBear wrote: »
    I really have nothing to say anymore. From the people who are being genuine jerks to me, to the immature posts, this thread answered no questions and it's just dumb now. I thought about starting up on MFP again but I have no interest after this.

Who's being a jerk to you?

Some lady went flag happy and started arguing with everyone because she got offended that her daughter has the "butt showing" posture you mentioned in your OP?

Snarky comments about why am I comparing myself, when this is a website about self improvement and I just recently learned that something was unobtainable, that I always thought had been. Someone called me whiny, and another person made a stupid comment accusing me of showing off my *kitten* when it's not even me. Just genuine rudeness being passed all around.

You're in for a rude awakening in the real world if you think MFP is a tough place to hang out. I mean yes- it's rambunctious- but really it's quiet tame.

I do wish you the best of luck on your journey though.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    You're in for a rude awakening in the real world if you think MFP is a tough place to hang out. I mean yes- it's rambunctious- but really it's quiet tame.

I don't know if I agree with this. Sure the "real" world can be ugly, but MFP is a haven for little weasley buttheads to be mean and snarky hiding behind their keyboards. I suspect that 90% of the "clever" posters here would never open their mouths in the real world for fear of getting smacked up.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    With anonymous runner's post in mind.

I wonder, which butt works out?
    article-0-0A56423E000005DC-993_468x528.jpg

Obviously, I stayed sensitive to the mod's request.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    There should be a butts group. There's probably already a thanks obama group.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I guess it didn't happen.
  • JoRocka
    Options

I don't know if I agree with this. Sure the "real" world can be ugly, but MFP is a haven for little weasley buttheads to be mean and snarky hiding behind their keyboards. I suspect that 90% of the "clever" posters here would never open their mouths in the real world for fear of getting smacked up.

This is the number one complaint people have about forums- keyboard warriors. And while I agree- it exists- some people genuinely are *kitten*.

like me. and DB. were grade A douchey people in real life- and on the keyboard. Well- to be fair- this place is censored more than a church- so - I suspect we're both significantly worse in real life.

as are most people on my friends list.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    This thread could have been magic
    image removed by staff

I like how the rule that was quoted and bolded specifically states "close up" pics, yet all of the pics I posted were specifically full body shots (and not a violation of the rules) but were removed anyway. As an owner and moderator on several forums, when you post rules, you have to follow those rules as they are written. Personal preference has no place in moderating.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    In for witty banter and well....butts
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

This site is incredibly tame. I dint really see anyone on here acting in a way I don't see people acting in the real world every day.

You want to see mean and snarky? Check out Facebook or YouTube comments.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »

This site is incredibly tame. I dint really see anyone on here acting in a way I don't see people acting in the real world every day.

Youtube comments are hilarious.

• JoRocka
    edited December 2014
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »

check the baby forums- I hear those places are RUTHLESS.

I'd also say check out a sport bike forum- they are brutal.
  • sam_the_girl
    sam_the_girl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    this thread made my morning just a little bit better haha
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I do not understand the current obsession with huge butts. Yuck.
    I am so sick of it. Almost every single music video, pop star performance, etc. is huge, greasy, gyrating butts.
    It's gross. I don't even understand it. And then you have female popstars always slapping, kissing, or rubbing on their back up dancers huge, fat, rears. Like it the hottest, most awesome thing! "oooo look at me spank her HUGE butt!!" No, you're sick.
    I mean really, what is the draw here?? It's a butt. Butts are gross like this. Kim Kardashians picture? Sick, indecent. Not normal, not natural. These huge butts just look deformed. I wish people would remember what butts really are used for. Sitting on, and crapping out of! Nothing sexy there.

YUCK.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I am so sick of it. Almost every single music video, pop star performance, etc. is huge, greasy, gyrating butts.
    It's gross. I don't even understand it. And then you have female popstars always slapping, kissing, or rubbing on their back up dancers huge, fat, rears. Like it the hottest, most awesome thing! "oooo look at me spank her HUGE butt!!" No, you're sick.
    I mean really, what is the draw here?? It's a butt. Butts are gross like this. Kim Kardashians picture? Sick, indecent. Not normal, not natural. These huge butts just look deformed. I wish people would remember what butts really are used for. Sitting on, and crapping out of! Nothing sexy there.

YUCK.

LOL
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

YUCK.

It's the reducing of women to nothing but another orifice to penetrate.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options

YUCK.

Wow. Greasy?
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I was fat with a round butt. Then I got thin with a flat butt. Now I am fit with a round butt that looks very different than my old fat round butt.

Hip thrusters
    deadlifts
    lunges
    abductor

And I often open my mouth in the real world and never fear getting smacked up. In the real, REAL world, people don't exactly go around punching each other to solve verbal disagreements. They mostly brag about that kind of behavior online.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    The dents show up when flexing and at lower body fat.

A lot of these pictures of really round looking butts are enhanced by lordosis. A curving of the lower spine. Some people do it on purpose for posing for these pics and some have it naturally.

Lordosis.jpg

Do your strength training for the glutes to give it the musculature and then lower your body fat to where you feel comfortable. Anything beyond that is really up to genetics and is not worth stressing over.

Standing like the girl on the right on purpose under the age of 18 will get you slapped in my husband's family. My youngest sister-in-law used to do it. I'm not saying standing that way on purpose signals that one is easy, but let's just say girlfriend is thirsty.

Not everyone has to stand that way to get a butt to look round. Sure, a lot do..but not all. I'm amazed by the way some girls look in their photos vs real life. I was never good with angling my body and camera to look a certain way.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I believe you can build a butt to some extent . http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fawnia27.htm
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    The dents show up when flexing and at lower body fat.

A lot of these pictures of really round looking butts are enhanced by lordosis. A curving of the lower spine. Some people do it on purpose for posing for these pics and some have it naturally.

Lordosis.jpg

Do your strength training for the glutes to give it the musculature and then lower your body fat to where you feel comfortable. Anything beyond that is really up to genetics and is not worth stressing over.

Standing like the girl on the right on purpose under the age of 18 will get you slapped in my husband's family. My youngest sister-in-law used to do it. I'm not saying standing that way on purpose signals that one is easy, but let's just say girlfriend is thirsty.

Not everyone has to stand that way to get a butt to look round. Sure, a lot do..but not all. I'm amazed by the way some girls look in their photos vs real life. I was never good with angling my body and camera to look a certain way.

It is crazy but can't trust the photos is a valid thing these days.