Is this true about butts?

Options

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    so you're really trying to lead with your head when you walk...

Sword first. Learned how to walk from Ed Grimley.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    <3 Ed Grimley
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The biggest difference between the two pictures is likely that the 2nd individual is at a lower BF% than the first. I would imagine both of those *kitten* were built with hard work...the definition comes with leanness and low BF%
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm sure some of it is genetic and some is work. I used to have a super flat tiny one, but through working out it's gotten round and lovely.
  • LoryBear
    LoryBear Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I really have nothing to say anymore. From the people who are being genuine jerks to me, to the immature posts, this thread answered no questions and it's just dumb now. I thought about starting up on MFP again but I have no interest after this.
  • LoryBear
    Options
    Also, to the people being rude to each other... not cool.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    LoryBear wrote: »
    Also, to the people being rude to each other... not cool.

That's rude to judge others. :(

• levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I really have nothing to say anymore. From the people who are being genuine jerks to me, to the immature posts, this thread answered no questions and it's just dumb now. I thought about starting up on MFP again but I have no interest after this.

Who's being a jerk to you?

Some lady went flag happy and started arguing with everyone because she got offended that her daughter has the "butt showing" posture you mentioned in your OP?

ETA: The question was answered, too. Some people have that posture, some don't, most people with that posture stand that way on purpose, probably to stick out their butt.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The dents show up when flexing and at lower body fat.

A lot of these pictures of really round looking butts are enhanced by lordosis. A curving of the lower spine. Some people do it on purpose for posing for these pics and some have it naturally.

Lordosis.jpg

Do your strength training for the glutes to give it the musculature and then lower your body fat to where you feel comfortable. Anything beyond that is really up to genetics and is not worth stressing over.

Standing like the girl on the right on purpose under the age of 18 will get you slapped in my husband's family. My youngest sister-in-law used to do it. I'm not saying standing that way on purpose signals that one is easy, but let's just say girlfriend is thirsty.

That is a freaking ridiculous thing to suggest. Unbelievable. It certainly says more about your husband's family than your young sister-in-law.

<Leaves thread in disgust>

spongebob-butthurt.gif

Wow...just wow. Seriously? It was a joke. Get that stick out of your *kitten* and get over yourself.

Are you 12 years old or something? That was not written in any way to suggest you were joking - or do you even read what it is you write? What a minute - it is clear you do not.

No, I'm actually 13. Sheesh, you're something else. What I said was absolutely written in a way to suggest I was joking. Perhaps your reading comprehension is a bit off. As I said, get the hell over yourself.

^ Oh, and the comment about being 13 was SARCASM. Is that clear enough for you?

No, my reading comprehension is just fine, thanks. However your ability to express yourself with the supposed claim that you were joking was sorely lacking. Don't blame me for your inability to express your intended message correctly.

Get the hell over myself? lol. I'm just fine, thanks. Don't worry, you already have a defender on board because apparently, he too - thought you were serious. You can go play in the backyard with the other kiddies - got nothing more to say on this.

Let's be honest. If everyone in the thread recognized it as a joke but you, then maybe the issue does, in fact, lie with you.
  • LoryBear
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »

Who's being a jerk to you?

Some lady went flag happy and started arguing with everyone because she got offended that her daughter has the "butt showing" posture you mentioned in your OP?

Snarky comments about why am I comparing myself, when this is a website about self improvement and I just recently learned that something was unobtainable, that I always thought had been. Someone called me whiny, and another person made a stupid comment accusing me of showing off my *kitten* when it's not even me. Just genuine rudeness being passed all around.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    LoryBear I really think that MFP is probably the worst place for women to discuss body shape.

madrose Just wanted you to know that you're not the only one recognising the misogyny for what it is.
  • dbmata
    Options
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Frase123 wrote: »
    What type of trianing are you doing for you butt? Have you tried walking lunges and squats to help build the roundness and also pek it up. If your not doing these two excercises give them a go, they may produce the results you are looking for.

Yes I do those all the time. The problem is, I believe, that there is no actual side-butt muscle. Hence why most female athletes have a more masculine butt shape, longer and dented in at the sides. A typical round female butt with no definition has a lot more shape on the sides because of the fat. I don't think it's actually possible to build muscle on the sides of your butt, since there's nothing there to build up.

Female athletes have masculine butts?
    image removed by staff
    Brie Bella, a pro wrestler.
    image removed by staff
    Stacy Keibler, ex wrestler and NFL cheerleader.
    image removed by staff
    Jaqueline Carvalho, Olympic Gold medalist in volleyball.

Like I had mentioned before, it's all a matter of body fat percentage.
  • dbmata
    Options
    That last one is not even fair to add.

She comes from a truly magical gene pool.
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    you know whats funny, I've tried all my life to hide my butt with long shirts because it was too big, now my kids tell me that big butts are in, and that is why girls wear those yoga pants....heck, I should have been born this decade instead of the 70's....
  • dbmata
    Options
    pics or it didn't happen.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This thread could have been magic
    image removed by staff
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    And... Now we know. :)

zlr1pam651o6.jpg
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    My butt is only getting bigger. I don't know what you are doing for training, but I'm doing 5/3/1 for squats and dead lifts. I've also added a day of low weight/high rep sets for both.