Is this true about butts?

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    The dents show up when flexing and at lower body fat.

A lot of these pictures of really round looking butts are enhanced by lordosis. A curving of the lower spine. Some people do it on purpose for posing for these pics and some have it naturally.

Lordosis.jpg

Do your strength training for the glutes to give it the musculature and then lower your body fat to where you feel comfortable. Anything beyond that is really up to genetics and is not worth stressing over.

I have always wonder that. There is a big difference but you can usually tell when a lady is forcing her butt out.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I dunno, I'd buy a drink for the one on the right.

:) Now you wont be able to un-see the curve in the spine when you see a pic of a big round butt though.

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

A lot of these pictures of really round looking butts are enhanced by lordosis. A curving of the lower spine. Some people do it on purpose for posing for these pics and some have it naturally.

Lordosis.jpg

Do your strength training for the glutes to give it the musculature and then lower your body fat to where you feel comfortable. Anything beyond that is really up to genetics and is not worth stressing over.

Standing like the girl on the right on purpose under the age of 18 will get you slapped in my husband's family. My youngest sister-in-law used to do it. I'm not saying standing that way on purpose signals that one is easy, but let's just say girlfriend is thirsty.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't round, but I like it.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Lol!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

:) Now you wont be able to un-see the curve in the spine when you see a pic of a big round butt though.

lol, yeah. I came across the practice, not the name back in art school when trying to get my models to present a certain visual. I could only imagine doing that normally is tough on the spine.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

lol, yeah. I came across the practice, not the name back in art school when trying to get my models to present a certain visual. I could only imagine doing that normally is tough on the spine.

Some girls walk around like that.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    LoryBear wrote: »
    I've always had a full backside, but before that was because it was all butt-pudge. Never the less, it was still round but I wanted to see less cellulite and whatnot. I expected that eventually I'd end up with one of those big round butts that you see on instagram all the time, except I noticed mine was getting flatter and...Longer/rectangular? I started googling and I read in many places that the typical, pretty round butt that I always thought was achieved from exercise and good health
    A butt like this:

is purely genetic and just well-placed butt fat.

And that if you exercise your butt muscles, you're going to end up with a butt like this:

I really hate having dents in the side of my butt. I know it's a sign of definition, but is it really not possible to make outer sides of my buttcheeks round? It's like a straight line from my waist to my mid thigh and I hate it. There's no curve on the sides whatsoever.

I think the second butt looks better.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    in, for butts.

tt73pc8h5mpa.gif
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Lordosis.jpg

Standing like the girl on the right on purpose under the age of 18 will get you slapped in my husband's family. My youngest sister-in-law used to do it. I'm not saying standing that way on purpose signals that one is easy, but let's just say girlfriend is thirsty.

:lol:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

because they have poor posture- and yes- some of them thing it looks cute.

It's not- it's going to eff up their spines for sure.

#dancerssoapbox
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    LoryBear wrote: »
    cloudbustr wrote: »
    I would say mostly genetics, but this tumblr may give you hope (check the progress pics): http://fitnessforlife3.tumblr.com/

^ She says she eats around 2370 calories a day and 130g of protein, so you'd be eating at a caloric surplus to build-a-butt like that.

As much as I can appreciate her achievements, it doesn't really provide any hope for me, as a butt like hers would not look good on a girl like me. My thighs are far too muscular already and I would look overweight in anything but shorts.

Her muscles also seem to sit rather high. She even mentioned that somewhere, and mine sit low, even when flexed.
    Well, you can take from that site that you are in fact able to improve your butt with the right diet and exercise plan for your goals.

Or you could continue to feel sorry for yourself and whine that you'll never have the butt you want.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Lordosis.jpg

My young daughter has this posture issue - had it from the time she was a toddler. I have often wondered if it is going to cause her spinal issues as she gets older and if she will be able to correct it. I don't even know how it is comfortable for her to stand like that but it has always been that way...
  • holyfenix
    holyfenix Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Start doing real deep Barbell Squats! It obviously won't look exactly like that but it will help.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Lordosis.jpg

That is a freaking ridiculous thing to suggest. Unbelievable. It certainly says more about your husband's family than your young sister-in-law.

<Leaves thread in disgust>
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

#dancerssoapbox

or they just like to show their butt.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    there is a difference between poor posture- and true spinal curving that causes this.

I naturally sit back- and I fight every day to focus on pulling my lower abs in and lengthening the spine- allowing it to point straight down instead of back and out.

Every.
    Day.

I do this because I'm a dancer- and I want to dance and have good alignment- and be able to do the things I need to dance properly... but it's SUCH a big deal- I practice EVERY day- at home- at work- walking to work.

Practicing good posture takes work- and practice- but it CAN be improved.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

#dancerssoapbox

or they just like to show their butt.
    I think this has gone on long enough, sir.

We're all thinking it. lol.
  • dashaclaire
    dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I'm too concerned at what my belly would look like if I stick my butt out!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

#dancerssoapbox

Agree. Just thought I would point it out. I hope it did not come across that I was suggesting people do it.

Lordosis.jpg

My young daughter has this posture issue - had it from the time she was a toddler. I have often wondered if it is going to cause her spinal issues as she gets older and if she will be able to correct it. I don't even know how it is comfortable for her to stand like that but it has always been that way...

It is not good and can get worse. There are corrective exercises for it.