Golden Years

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie nice day with your eating plan.

It was 7F today and earlier it was blizzard and blowing. Luckily it stopped for me to have my dentist apt. All is well there just a cleaning. Now my teeth are nice and shiny. :D

Barbie - I see you have conquered the new dance. A wonderful way to burn calories.

I am like Anne, crossing out the days on the calendar every morning. I did that before retiring too.
    Ask me what day it is but don't ask me the date.

Stay warm my northern friends.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    I have a calendar in the bathroom that I use to put a sticker for each day when I reach my walking goal so that helps me keep track of what day it is.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I just check my iPhone. Always works for me.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    Me too Jeri.........
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words. The service was beautiful.

Barbiecat – hope all that dancing went well and that you survived. As you said – great exercise and calorie burner.

Marie – Please don’t blame your husband.

Most men have seen the Godfather 100 times (give or take) & we all remember the quote: “I know English...Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Saturday”

and this has messed with our ability to know what day it is. :)
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Hi Goldie's. I had a lovely day with my lovely bear of a son and his handsome nephew who of course is my grandson. My grandsons parents (my youngest son) are off on a cruise and boy they will find a huge difference in temps when they get back to the frozen north. My grandson couldn't go with them because he is in the final year of Uni. and had lessons to attend. So to compensate, his uncle and I took him out for a meal of lots of protein Bob. Just what a "starving" student needed. Lovely, lovely day and us 3 generations got on a treat. Hope you all had an equally good day. Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Anne......How lovely grandson and son out for Dinner. Lovely combinations

Lin .....by the way Jerry had eggs for Breakfast.
    marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    Marie - thanks for the Jerry update. I hope he gets back to his pattern on that double quick otherwise he might get off on the current date again.

Lin
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Hello all, glad to see old and new friends here. Hugs to all n

Jeri from Calgary, Canada
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Right now I am upset. I bought a pan on ebay. THis was a feat for me. Then it was not delivered (fed ex). THe seller was going to reimburse me (I guess ebay sellers have some insurance with fed ex). This money was to go to something called a paypal account. I decided to ask ebay how to use the paypal thing. This magically created a complaint about the seller, which I in no way intended. THe seller informed me of this. The seller did NOT deserve a complaint from me. I am really upset about this.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    ltssharon wrote: »
    Right now I am upset. I bought a pan on ebay. THis was a feat for me. Then it was not delivered (fed ex). THe seller was going to reimburse me (I guess ebay sellers have some insurance with fed ex). This money was to go to something called a paypal account. I decided to ask ebay how to use the paypal thing. This magically created a complaint about the seller, which I in no way intended. THe seller informed me of this. The seller did NOT deserve a complaint from me. I am really upset about this.

I can see why you are upset. Things can really get screw up sometimes. I would try to get in touch with Paypay to see if it can be straighten out. I ave been using them for years and never had a problem with them. Take care
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    <3 Good morning jeri. Good to see you here too.
    Marie

<3 Barbie I do not remember that song will try to get It on Pandora and listen to it

Alice may not be out tomorrow to set my fit bit up for we are surpose to have rain and I do not like her driving in the rain But we shall see what tomorrow brings Do know I will be watching the Cowboys game at noon.
    Marie
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Beautiful day, it looks like spring from the inside. Outside, oh boy. It was 5 degrees Fahrenheit when I went outside early on to feed the birds and put stuff in the garbage bin. The garage side door was frozen anyway. That's -15 C. Today is a good day to change the sheets and do a big wash and stay in. Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Anne I went outside to take a picture of a squirrel nest one is making out of an old pillow that jerry used in the 3 wheeler when he took Sammy , My sweet little Jack Russell riding in the bike. He passed away DEC 4th. and I still missed him terrible. The pillow was pretty wel wore out. The birds may fight over it to keep warmllmmloonsed8f.jpg
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Marie, I love Jack Russell's, they are the most intelligent of dogs. You must miss Sammy an awful lot. The funny thing is, my dad made a seat on the front of his two wheel bicycle and his dog used to sit on it with her paws on the handlebars. It was funny to see them and I have a photo somewhere. At least the squirrels are getting lots of use out of the pillow, and that IS what I call recycling.
    Anne.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :D My favorite walking friend came over this morning and we walked for over an hour in the drizzle in my neighborhood. We stayed close to home so if it really rained we could get indoors quickly.

:D We have a friend coming over soon to watch the Seahawks football. game

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I will be root'n for the Seahawks with you all.
    Marie
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    ltssharon wrote: »

I can sympathize. I have bought / sold many times on eBay. Just last month I sold a limited edition Elvis album. I have always in the past sold strictly to USA (or Canada); the high bidder was from Switzerland of all places as I included all international bids. Long story short – the international shipping & custom costs were sky-high with eBay handing and justifiably the guy in Switzerland wanted alternate shipping – it took days to straighten out and we both got incorrect info at different times. All was resolved in the end – but it was a big headache. Like you, I wanted to be sure neither one of us had any ranking issues – I have an excellent rating with no complaints. Good luck. Bob
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Bob you are a jack of all trades Where are you from. Love reading your post.
    marie