Golden Years

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    lin so sorry about your dad passing. He could not have a more devotee Daughter. Sending love and hgss your way. <3 Marie
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Is that your little doggie, Marie? A nice idea, putting him on your profile on an otherwise very sad day. Anne.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Bob you are a jack of all trades Where are you from. Love reading your post.
    marie

Thanks -- and it's beautiful Central New York...not NYC... we are nicer (LOL). But you can have our winters. Daughter/husband etc love this area and with a 3rd grandchild on the way, I don't see us moving to a warmer climate...will have to settle for mini-getaways. :)
  • NikonPal
    Options
    I expected good numbers based upon my daily “monitoring” (zero change last Mon) and today is my usual “record weigh-in day.”

Down 4 lbs! – averages out to 2 lbs a week over the last 14 days. I’m very happy. Started the day with a 40 minute walk (3.1 mph) & burned 236 calories.

Then chowed down on: BREAKFAST: Fresh Spinach Cold Water Washed, 1/4 cup cooked; Driscoll - Raspberries, 1 oz; Seasoned quinoa, tomato & feta cheese,.20 g; Sweet Baby Peppers - 0.75 oz; Banana, 0.75 oz,; Fat Free American Cheese, 0.5 slice; Egg Busters, 1/4 cup; I Can't Believe Its Not Butter - Butter Spray, 5 sprays; TOTAL CALORIES: 129

So still in the negative calorie category going into lunch...just where I like it.

73641431.png
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Thought it was time for a more up to date photo Marie, taken just now in the middle of the housework. You inspired me!
    You do live in a beautiful spot Bob, I love where I am too, we are blessed, winters and all.
    Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Anne you are a very young and bseutiful 79 year old/ No gray hairs. Thanks for the up date
    marie <3 .
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    So are you Marie, you have a pretty, kind and loving face. I can tell just by looking at you that you are a "people" person. By the way, don't be fooled, finally at 79 the gray is coming in fast and furious now it's stopped falling out, lol.
    Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I got me a pot of pinto beans cooking for my dinner tonight. if my calorie allowed it may have a corn muffin too.
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Goldies,

Anne - Love the new picture, for 79 you have less gray than me. :( Lovely picture.

Marie - I see you are still doing great with your eating plan. Kudos! Also still having raining I hope Alice can get your fit bit going soon. :D

We had snow today, and my DH was snow blowing the driveway so I could get out and go to my Yoga Class. Nice to get out all kinks from the weekend.

Dinner tonight at our friends across the border and she making dinner to coincide with our South Beach. She is such a dear to do that so we can stay on track.

Barbie - I remember that song Sugar Pie Honey Bunch. I used to sing it in the car when it came on the radio.

Have a good evening

Shirley
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Are you like me Shirley, never dyed your hair? I suppose I'm a bit odd but I've never understood these celebrities etc who have face lifts, nose jobs etc. unless they have to do it to keep working? I think the secret is to enjoy every age as it comes along and for what it is. I'm not very good but I love to paint portraits and an older lived in face is so much more interesting than the "tight" faces of some. By the way you are also one pretty lady. Did I tell you my youngest does a bit of sailing too?
    Anne.
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Good morning, MARIE, I am betting you are up and running. Enjoy today, Anne.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Anne - I used to dye my hair for years. I was born a blonde so that is the color I used.
    I had tried some other colors but always went back to blonde. When I retired and stopped working, I said I want to see what my hair looks like after all these years. So I did it, with the help of my hairdresser. I was a little worried it might be that yellowy gray but no, it was a silvery gray and I love it. I never went back.

It is very cold today and going down to 1F tonight.

I joined a choir and our first rehearsal is tonight and it would be one of the coldest nights. :s

Enjoy your day

Shirley

• NikonPal
    Options
    Thought it was time for a more up to date photo Marie, taken just now in the middle of the housework. You inspired me!
    You do live in a beautiful spot Bob, I love where I am too, we are blessed, winters and all.
    Anne.

Thanks Anne --- Love the new photo! Lookin' Good!!!
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Started the morning with a 355 calorie burn doing 60 minutes of walking, 3.1 mph.

Schools were delayed a few hours with freezing temp - had a hot (198 calorie breakfast) of: Driscolls – Fresh Strawberries - 1 oz, 112.5 g; Broccoli, 0.5 ounce; Cauliflower 1oz; White Mushrooms, 1.5 oz (84g); Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Link (cut in half) 70% Less Fat, 68 grams); Egglands Best - Large Egg, 1 egg; Country Kitchen - Light Oatmeal Toast 1 slice; Tuscan Seasoning Shak'r, 0.25 tsp. (0.9g); I Can't Believe Its Not Butter - Butter Spray, 5 sprays.

TOTAL CALORIES: 198 (Leaving me a negative 157 calorie status heading into lunch.

20150113_084952_breakfast_1_zpsd32914fb.jpg
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    SHIRLEY you look great, natural. I'm afraid, after peering at my locks, mine WILL be that yellow grey and I might just have to eat my words! Serves me right for spouting off. Lol.
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Side note. When I lived in the UK I had reddish hair like the rest of my moms family. One Quebec winter and the red virtually vanished. Go figure!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    I tried the red too, it looked nice but was always hard to keep up and it faded fast.
    I had to buy special shampoo. I could see you as a red head. A nice auburn red.

• CALIECAT
    Options
    <3 Bob you make me so hungry. I could go for a breakfast like that.. I have a small plate too I got mine at the dolor store. need to go back and buy a couple more. Just love it.

<3 Shirley love you new pict. you are such a beautiful woman . I did not know you could sang. am still waiting on my new grandson he was due yesterday.

<3 Anne you got beautiful hair. I have never been a person to keep my hair looking nice. just get it cut and go from there.
    <3 Marie

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    NikonPal,
    What a wonderful breakfast for just 198 calories! What a way to use those fruits and vegetables. Made my oatmeal look pitiful after seeing what you ate, even though I add nuts and fruit. I will also have an egg a bit later.
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Confession coming up, I cut my own hair, proper cheap, me, and it LOOKS as if I cut it myself. Talk about a birds nest. I was born to be a witch I think, all that Celt and Gaelic in me, sigh. I MISS my auburn hair Shirley, maybe I should rethink dyeing!
    Anne, the witch of the North.