Golden Years

Options
This thread is not only about weight lost. But how we are coping with our golden years. I tell you it is another world to us.
So how are you coping.? I am working on losing 20 lbs. by Easter So far Have lost 8 llb. nearly blind, can't hear good, And my greatest fear is Falling and breaking a leg, arm , , hips
other than that this is a wonderful world we live in. God bless the universe.
I have a husband that I have been married to for 58 years 3 kids all almost in there 60's and some lovely grandkids and great grandkids. don't believe I have any great great grandkids yet I live in Mesquite Texas and I love the Dallas Cowboys. My husband is a Yankee from Ill.. I was born here. Life is Good. <3<3
My name is Marie

Replies

• PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 58 years of marriage; that is truly wonderful <3
  • dallasvol
    dallasvol Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! 58 years is impressive. I admire your spirit and have no doubt those 20 pounds are coming off. Good luck.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dallas
    My daughter and I was out shopping and coming out of the ladies room Big sign for Woman size was in front of us and since we are both on diets. We started saying by Easter we will not need this department. Came across the petite size and said by Ester we will be shopping in the department, where all the cute clothes are. Hence by Easter
    Marie
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am Sandi. I need to loose 35 pounds and become more active. I was born and raised in San Diego. I have always been active until the last 7 years when I moved to Sun City West AZ. I have 3 grown kids and 4 grown grandkids, ages 21-25! I am a retired social worker, am legally blind , am diabetic and I have lived with my best friend, Vicki, for the last 21 years. I enjoy walking, quilting, crochetting and being on the computer! I am happy to join the group Marie, you do such a great job. Thank you!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello,the golden years can really be tuff on a gal.
    I have an machine embroidery machine and trying to get it in working order. Been to my dealer twice today getting parts for it. get expensive too. May have to give this hobby up. But I hope not. For it keep my mind off of food. I am currently on the one one one diet and seems to be agreeing me quite well. Well I got a raise in Social Security for next year. Gas is coming down a lot. That is good news.

What wonderful things in your life.
    marie

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Good for you - 58 years is amazing in this day and age.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Jacqueline
    Yes now days they called it a relationship and skip the marriage. I have several grandkids in a relationship.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thanks Sandi.
    so glad to see your around.
    ha ha I was just trying to thread my sewing machine and that hole just got smaller. What a fellow to do. Scare to go try again afraid there may not be a hole.
    Welcome back to MFP and the other group.
    Hugs to you too sandi
    <3 (*) <3
    we may be getting older so lets just have fun and do what we can. The best we can.
    But say we enjoying hearing from you younger ones too. All are welcome to cheer us on. Time to go fix me some vittles I eat out of a can mostly. but tonight I will make a big salad with sliced turkey I baked yesterday. I was planning on having hamburger steak but decided too much trouble

I weigh in on Friday Hoping for a good lost last week I only lost 1/2 lb. but better than nothing. Right
    marie
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Marie, I think you're adorable and I love your spirit! I turned 60 this year so...I guess I'm officially "in" my golden years. I'm trying to lose my last 12 pounds. (already lost about 78!) but it's going slow now - maybe I'll shoot for Easter to have those 12 pounds gone!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I found the group and will try and participate when I can.

My name is Shirley, I am 65 and I guess you could say I am in my Golden Years with all the aches and pains to boot!

I have two grown children and one grandbaby on the way in April from my youngest daughter. My husband and I have been married for 40 years now. We will be first time
    grandparents and I am very excited.

I live in Ontario, Canada and so far we have not had any snow for the holidays but I hear a storm is coming our way.

I also have to lose 10 pounds to get back to my ticker weight and have joined the Easter Challenge with Marie. I know we can do this !

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Kiurassic thank you my kids are all in their 60's and they enjoy getting the senior discount My youngest one is 57 The other 2 are in their 60's

drop by often we wont hold in against you for being a young Golden yearling
    my 60's was the happiest of my life . enjoy.. Enjoy it sweetie
    <3 (*) <3
    marie

By the way great on your weight lost.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Cheers to 58 years of marriage! :drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Cheers to 58 years of marriage! :drinker:

thanks sabine

• BlueHarebell
    Options
    Hi Marie! I was beginning to think I was the only one on these forums over 70. I'm 79 so not far behind you. I call these years the rusty years not the golden years, but, since getting down to maintenance weight, 130 lbs, I'm finding all the aches and pains are disappearing. I'm not exactly like a spring chicken though! I walk every day usually for 1 hour, but I am also scared of breaking a hip or a leg especially now on the snow and ice. Your comments are like a breath of fresh air and congrats on such a long marriage. My kids are in their fifties and the grands are in their twenties. We are truly blessed, Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    I found the group and will try and participate when I can.

My name is Shirley, I am 65 and I guess you could say I am in my Golden Years with all the aches and pains to boot!

I have two grown children and one grandbaby on the way in April from my youngest daughter. My husband and I have been married for 40 years now. We will be first time
    grandparents and I am very excited.

I live in Ontario, Canada and so far we have not had any snow for the holidays but I hear a storm is coming our way.

I also have to lose 10 pounds to get back to my ticker weight and have joined the Easter Challenge with Marie. I know we can do this !

yes Shirley. I been friends with Shirley a long time.
    We will do it This is my fourth week on the one one one diet and still going strong.

hugs Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Marie! I was beginning to think I was the only one on these forums over 70. I'm 79 so not far behind you. I call these years the rusty years not the golden years, but, since getting down to maintenance weight, 130 lbs, I'm finding all the aches and pains are disappearing. I'm not exactly like a spring chicken though! I walk every day usually for 1 hour, but I am also scared of breaking a hip or a leg especially now on the snow and ice. Your comments are like a breath of fresh air and congrats on such a long marriage. My kids are in their fifties and the grands are in their twenties. We are truly blessed, Anne.

Thanks BlueHarebell
    great hearing from you
    hope you join us often.
    you mean if I get rid of some of this weight I can enjoy some pain free days.
    come on goldies let do it. I was looking for a good nickname for us and I just found it "goldies" Is that a good one or What?????????? :o

Anyway glad to have you here youngin' drop by often

• jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    well I am 61 ..looking forward to soc sec this next Bday , so count me in...trying to loose 10-15 lbs but have been saying that for yrs now.lol Serious though this time ...walking daily and doing a bit of kettlebell exercises. Congrats on your 58 + marriage and Shirley your 40 yr marriage. I was just remarried almost 2 yrs now after being divorced for 25 yrs. I have 2 grown daughtesr and 5 grandkids, my hubby has 3 kids and 3 grandkids ...so it will be a busy Xmas! Happy Holidays to everyone!!
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    well I am 61 ..looking forward to soc sec this

Jeannie welcome to the Goldies wish I was 61 again. The best years of my life.
    But then again. the 80;s are not bad.I wonder how the 90's are?
    marie

• BlueHarebell
    Options

Jeannie welcome to the Goldies wish I was 61 again. The best years of my life.
    But then again. the 80;s are not bad.I wonder how the 90's are?
    marie

[/quote]

One of my uncles enjoyed his eighties and nineties because he said he could make all sorts of comments he couldn't make when younger. Mm.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    That's right Jeanne I can't hardly see what I type can't spell either I am not a typist but have fun at trying/And love chatting I guess you can tell. So keep on chatting with me.
    Have a great night.
    marie