Golden Years

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,147 Member
    Options
    I found your thread Marie. I need to read the posts and catch up. I'm in my 60's but seem to have a number of what my doctor calls *age-related* problems. One of the most annoying ones is arthritis----especially in my hands. I drop everything, my hands are weak, they ache, can't stand getting my hands cold!! Argh! Anyone else??

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie, I found your new thread and will post here sometimes.

To everyone else, I've been participating in MFP for a long time and love it....it helped me reinvent my life. I get my exercise from line dancing , riding my recumbent exercise bike, and walking my two standard poodles.

It's never too late to make big changes in your life.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif smiley-happy093.gif

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

My word for 2014 is “mindful”
    146200.png
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie
    you are a darling.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! and best wishes. Is there a link to sign up for the group?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »

You just did. welcome. to this thread. tickle pink to have you. Keep posting so we can get to know you
    Marie

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,099 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Sandy age 72. Will try to post here as well as the Golden Sneakers Group. We follow Marie anywhere, she is our leader.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    [quote="Sandydur;30588291"
    Hi Sandy and a very warm welcome to you. really Sandy is my leader at the golden sneakers group. and we all love her.you will have to tell about Robby, pictures too. I am up embroidery after a struggle with my thread messing up , it is now purring like one of phoebe Kittie.
    marie

• BlueHarebell
    Options
    Hello Marie & everybody, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes anyway. Last April I was a larger me with very thick hair and joint problems. Well now I'm a smaller me with virtually no joint problems BUT the hair, well I'm really losing it, it's going quite thin. Question, now I'm on maintenance and eating a few more calories will I stop losing hair or am I doomed? I've just had to smile, I must have chosen my MFP name subconsciously! Anybody else with this problem? Blueharebell.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Marie & everybody, I don't know if this is the place.
    yep you are at the right place. But no knowledge of that But certainly glad your pain has ease. that's more important than hair. You can always s buy a wig but hard to ease pain Good seeing you this early morning
    3047183fip6gnwkjw.gif
    marie

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    Hello Marie & everybody, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes anyway. Last April I was a larger me with very thick hair and joint problems. Well now I'm a smaller me with virtually no joint problems BUT the hair, well I'm really losing it, it's going quite thin. Question, now I'm on maintenance and eating a few more calories will I stop losing hair or am I doomed? I've just had to smile, I must have chosen my MFP name subconsciously! Anybody else with this problem? Blueharebell.

Your diary isn't public, so I don't know what you're eating, but there could be some link between what you eat and thinning hair. I know someone who talked to her doctor about the thinning hair and got some answers

• BlueHarebell
    Options
    Good seeing you to! Yep, I figured I could buy a wig and change my name to bluebaldeagle. LOL. Cheers and I'll consider my morning cup of tea from you.
  • pattyebricker
    pattyebricker Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Good morning and Thanks barbiecat, I tried making my diary public but without success so far. Will keep trying, but it's a new diary since starting maintenance. I wondered if reduced fats could be the problem in the past. Normal intake now.
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Bump
    I am curious what does it do when you bump a post. I know we used to have it where it put us own our topic list
    Oh I think I know it put you on our notifications list But then where does it go? Do hope you join us. be looking for you o:) Glad you drop by
    But how do you find it when you want to post. There is so much of this new forum I do not understand yet. But really ready to learn but My problems with my age I forget real easy.
    have a good day
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Good seeing you to! Yep, I figured I could buy a wig and change my name to bluebaldeagle. LOL. Cheers and I'll consider my morning cup of tea from you.
    yes indeed That would be a cute name. I am having my coffee and decide what breakfast will be I think Raisin bread toast and cream cheese. I am suppose to have a serving of carb, a protein and a serving of fat. And that will take care of all 3. love this diet I am on.
    . Marie

• NikonPal
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »

You just did. welcome. to this thread. tickle pink to have you. Keep posting so we can get to know you
    Marie

I’m a kid in his early 60’s. Come from a large family…oldest sister is now in her early 80’s and the youngest is 59…Lost 2 siblings in their 60’s (heart-related), mother passed at 57 father mid-80’s. Had a close friend die this year – she was 97 and a blast. Lost 2 bros-in-laws (more like brothers to me) both in their 60’s this past year. My dad was still flying kites into his late 70’s, tried some roller skating and took a computer class around age 80.

My 97-yr old friend still took cruises (and used a riding lawn mower) up to age 94 and told me she didn’t like hanging with too many old people “they slow me down” she would say. But she had her church girlfriends and still did lunches. She easily would have hit 100, but had a fall and required surgery etc. So I am all over the map…and stay very in-tuned with many people in their 20-40’s (they are usually surprised I know the current singers, actors etc.)

As we know, life is a crap shoot – so I want to enjoy (in as good as health possible) whatever future remains.

Been doing pretty good on my weight-loss – long story as with many of us – so I’ll hold back from re-writing War & Peace.

Just wanted to give a snap-shot as asked.

73641431.png
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Marie

73641431.png
    Quite a story there bob Thanks
    I have a question how did you get your ticker on this site I thought they were all gone. I know I lost mine.

congratulation on your weight lost. quite a record Thanks for joining in with us

• NikonPal
    Options

Marie

73641431.png
    Quite a story there bob Thanks
    I have a question how did you get your ticker on this site I thought they were all gone. I know I lost mine.

congratulation on your weight lost. quite a record Thanks for joining in with us

Just click on "APPS" and then click on "TICKERS" -- and thank you
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I try bob but do not think I made it. Don't see nothing
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    It didn't work for me either. But then I cannot make my Diary public either. Could before on the old site.