Golden Years

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It didn't work for me either. But then I cannot make my Diary public either. Could before on the old site.

I thought I knew how to make your diary public and then I found out that the choice isn't there now...and I thought that I'd figured out how to get my ticker to post but it didn't work
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    At one time I went on the Optifast and on Medifast. I lost hair and it was awful. Something to do with the lack of fat and carbs. I now take a supplement which seems to be helping!

II think the hardest part of aging is that my spirit feels 40 and I can't understand why people think I am old or need their help! How do you feel?
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    isandi wrote: »
    Hi all!
    At one time I went on the Optifast and on Medifast. I lost hair and it was awful. Something to do with the lack of fat and carbs. I now take a supplement which seems to be helping!

II think the hardest part of aging is that my spirit feels 40 and I can't understand why people think I am old or need their help! How do you feel?

I tried Medifast a few years back at the suggestion of 2 cardiologists; I only lasted a few months....but I just didn't care for the taste "long-term" and I knew my goal was going to take more than 1 year. I love to cook and got creative making meals that tasted good and were nutritious. Here is a small sample (all these meals I made were 250 calories or less).

Know what you mean about a spirit decades younger. I pretty much deal with it through humor. Younger relatives, can't believe all the "young" things we do. Our very sweet great niece recently "complimented" us and said she wants to be like us when she gets old. LOL . At a recent Blake Shelton / Band Perry concert, a stranger tapped us on the shoulders and asked if we were married...they thought it was great an old couple were having fun.

Again, we pretty much just laugh about it. I even rib my wife when things happen saying I understand and that "some day" I know I will be her age (there is a 1 yr difference). Of course, I also tell her she'll like stand over my grave asking me "how old are you now."

MealSamples_border_zps65f882d4.jpg
  • isandi
    Options
    In order to get my ticker back on the page i just clicked on the ticker above or anyone else's ticker and went from there. I could not find it in the APPS. If you had one in the past it will take you to it when you click on the web address on any ticker! Mine is down, now we will see if it works!
  • isandi
    Options
    Back again I will go and see if I can get it to show!
  • isandi
    Options
    I give up! The ticker is done and I set my setting. I don't think they want us to use them! lol
    Sandi
  • barbiecat
    Options
    smiley-cool05.gif I just got back from a party. A friend invited a group of women to her house for a holiday gathering. I ate before I went and admired her beautiful decorations and the beautiful food all with a Scandinavian theme and then drank water and talked to a lot of people. Social gatherings are something I don't do well so I stayed focused on listening to what people were saying and avoiding my natural inclination to eat to cover my social awkwardness. It was a successful event. My lighted necklace was a big hit.

1635959zfv2q8wczj.gifThe only way I can get my ticker to show is to copy the code into a word document that I use to compose my reply. Then I copy and paste the whole thing onto the thread. Using a word document is helpful also because it avoids my post getting lost.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif smiley-happy093.gif

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

My word for 2014 is “mindful”
    146200.png
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,146 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    It didn't work for me either. But then I cannot make my Diary public either. Could before on the old site.

I thought I knew how to make your diary public and then I found out that the choice isn't there now...and I thought that I'd figured out how to get my ticker to post but it didn't work

Under "Settings" then "Diary" tab if you scroll down they still show the options of private, friends, public. You mean that doesn't work now???
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    It isn't working for me, and I tried off and on all afternoon. I'll just give it another go. Just got in from my 22 year old grandsons birthday meal, and wondering what to put down for it in calories!
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Nope, it's still not working, and soI'm off to bed, goodnight all!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Lin, you are right.....I just didn't scroll down far enough the last time I looked....
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I also discover something this morning quite by accident after you click on the bell if you scroll down to the bottom where it says all notifications and click on Maybe double click don't remember your profile will show up and will have the date you join such as:

Username CALIECAT Joined December 2008 Visits 13 Last Active 7:09AM Roles Member Posts 6,955

Hugs all Marie
    144297ldn5b97zu5.gif
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Nope, it's still not working, and soI'm off to bed, goodnight all!
    ok blue eyes You are on the food chart. I went to your Profile and it has food chat listed . I don't think it shows up on our own profile page but everybody else can see it I saw it.
    It should show up on our home page. I be looking for it If you made it public.
    marie

BlueHarebell

79 years old

Female

"It's better to have "lost" than never "lost" at all."

Send Message
    Add As Friend
    View Diary
    This is on your profile page

• BlueHarebell
    Options
    Good morning Marie, thank you for befriending me. No longer am I a lonely little harebell! No, diary - public DOESNT show up on MY profile. However if you all can see it I shall expect you all to comment on my good habits, lol, or more likely; lack of! I'm really interested in your 111 plan. It makes sense. I somewhat slipped yesterday. Super meal at a restaurant for my lovely grandson. Thanks again, you sound to be a very lovely person, and we need all the lovely people we can find today. Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Anne thanks for giving me a short name I not good at rememberingdzn9spzpxqme.jpg
    your MFP names.

My grandson [kylee[ dad and his new girl friend Katie He just posted on facebook.
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    Hello Marie & everybody, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes anyway. Last April I was a larger me with very thick hair and joint problems. Well now I'm a smaller me with virtually no joint problems BUT the hair, well I'm really losing it, it's going quite thin. Question, now I'm on maintenance and eating a few more calories will I stop losing hair or am I doomed? I've just had to smile, I must have chosen my MFP name subconsciously! Anybody else with this problem? Blueharebell.

Your diary isn't public, so I don't know what you're eating, but there could be some link between what you eat and thinning hair. I know someone who talked to her doctor about the thinning hair and got some answers

Hi! Just saw this thread and thought I would chime in. I m 62 and my hair started thinning drastically. I was going through a lot of stress and put it down to that. BUT - stress is over and still losing it. I spoke to my doc about it and he ran some tests 9after reviewing my diet) turns out it was my throid. Don't know if you have had that checked, but after a month on some meds my hair has pretty much stopped the "fall out" and is at least maintaining.
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Glad your problem is almost over Deb and thanks for the advice. I suspect mine is or rather was, lack of fats. Problem over in that quarter now I've been maintaining for 3 or 4 weeks. It doesn't seem quite so drastic this week. Advice really welcome.
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Your grandson. Wow, handsome young man Marie!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    [quote="debneeds2beskinny;3

Hi! Just saw this thread and thought I would chime in. I m 62 and my hair started thinning drastically. I was going through a lot of stress and put it down to that. BUT - stress is over and still losing it. I spoke to my doc about it and he ran some tests 9after reviewing my diet) turns out it was my thyroid. Don't know if you have had that checked, but after a month on some meds my hair has pretty much stopped the "fall out" and is at least maintaining. [/quote]

wonderful news deb. Glad your doctor pinpointed why you were losing your hair We do try to help friends fine answer to their problems. Thank you dear friends
    Marie

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello

BlueHarebell- I agree with Barbie, if you are losing your hair you must be lacking some type of vitamin. Congratulations on your weight loss, I hope I will be there some day soon.
    Sooner than later, especially after the holidays.

I just got back from a massage, my back has been acting up. Feels good today and still have to get my exercise in.

Marie- I can't believe its Thursday and tomorrow is my weigh in day for 20 lb. until Easter.
    I don't think I will see a great loss. I am maintaining right now.