Golden Years

Options

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :D Bob, I'm not nearly as faithful about strength training as I'd like to be but I have several sets of hand weights and ankle weights easily available...I also do planks, pushups, and triceps raises so I have a small routine that I can do at home while watching TV <3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

Like I said -- I need to be more like you! awesome!
  • NikonPal
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm ready....

MY HOLIDAY EATING PLAN:
    1) Plan to continue to stay in control of food/exercise decisions
    2) Exercise today & tomorrow morning to avoid the “I’ll walk it off the next day” approach.
    3) I’ll be wearing tight clothes, so I don’t get that “sweat-pant mentality
    4) I’ll only graze on veggies and other low-calorie items.
    5) I’ll still enjoy all the things I love – like turkey and ½ cup portions of squash, potato (maybe), veggie and dressing – but not feel like I have to have some of everything.
    6) Already bought “my own” fat-free gravy (no other cream sauces for me) and everyone else gets “real.”
    7) I bought pineapple tidbits and raspberries for my desert and others will enjoy pumpkin pie.
    8) No alcohol, just no-calorie drinks (ice tea, water, diet-soda);
    9) I’ll eat slow and savor each bite.

73641431.png
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    o:) great plan bob, we all need to follow it. thanks for posting it. my plan is a tablespoon of each that I want on a small plate. no going back for seconds. A 1" by 1" piece of Texas sheet cake no other dessert. tea. o:)
    Marie

Merry Christmas o:)
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    I will take note of your plan Bob. It seems a very good one. Unfortunately, I get to cook the family dinner, which means I might get some funny looks -like, what's wrong with the Christmas pud, brandy sauce and the cream and sherry trifle if the cook DOESN'T eat them. Sigh. It's a mine field this slimming or in my case - at the moment - maintaining. Merry Christmas anyway to you and yours. Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    You have a point anne, But I would certainly not worry about what others thinks. They know I need to losse weigh.
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Yes, but you see I'm maintaining so they think it's all over and done with for me, but if I stray too much I'll blow up like a balloon. You would think my lovely DIL would go for a nice slab of cod being of Portuguese background, but no, it's lets go for merrie old England and the total works. Just joking Marie after all the next minefield is the big New Years eve meal, we've got Scottish in the mix too. Then all those chocs on Valentine's Day. Yes, it's a minefield! Merry Christmas to you and yours and yes, we'll enjoy every blessed moment.
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am having problems with The Glitter. com. sometimes it hold the last thing I used and will not post my new glitter. anyone know how I can get rid of the old one. I know it is something I am doing wrong , But what? it is not all the time but still annoying
    marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

1747127n470jbokt0.gif

Wow, this group has really taken off. I have a hard time just posting on the Sneakers now this post will keep me busier. :)

Bob - I see you are a grandpa. I will be first time grandma in April. I am so excited. :D

Barbie is a great example of dedication and sticking to her way of life of eating. I wish I had her resistance to food. I will get back at it again in January.

Marie - I see we will be having some new friends at Sneakers since there are new people here to converse with who are in our age range.

Lin - I know what you mean about dropping things because of arthritis. I am dropping things all the time and my swelling and pain is not improving either. I heard from another person on our site that tomatoes and shade vegetables may cause pain in arthritis.
    In the new year I will try and not eat these veges to see if I get any relief. What do you think?

Hildie - I have always wanted to do Tai Chai but there is no where around here where I can do it. I just got back to Yoga and find that good for my tight muscles and circulation.
    I will continue that in the New Year. Good for you that found something that helps you.

Shirley
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,951 Member
    Options
    :D Bob, the people at TOPS say "if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail"...your plan will serve you well. The people at OA call or text their food for the day to their sponsors and then stick to the plan no matter what. You have prepared yourself well for the holidays.

:D Anne, I have decided that my health is more important than what other people have to say. I tell people that I have a plan for my eating that doesn't change. A good friend of mine says "I am a successful dieter, please don't confuse me with the pot-bellied failures" and then continues to eat with his same successful plan. I have maintained my new weight for about five years and I am accustomed to the things that people say to me. There are many foods that I don't eat in the same way that people with food allergies don't eat gluten, dairy, shellfish, nuts, or whatever messes with their health.

:D Shirley, being thin, healthy, and fit are more important to me than entertaining myself with food. I go to social events to be social...I love your snowman graphic

:D marie, here is where I go for glitter graphics

glitter-graphics.com

194904olsgis3xqe.gifBarbie
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Barbie you are the most . in keeping up your new found way of lifestyle.well its not new to you . you been doing it for 5 years. you found your fountain of youth....too Congratulation
    244775b1qinxbtt6.gif
    I have been using the glitter graphic you so kindly gave to us over 5 years ago But sometime it hold back on my last one and then I try to post a new one it post the last one I did. , so I know it is something I am doing wrong but what?
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marie,

I did a couple of graphics and it pulled some extra lines that shouldn't have been there when I copied it. It is working, we just have to be careful when we copy it before we paste it.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    2597074pgo45m0alk.gif
    work fine then shirley
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Shirley61- congrats on the future blessed event...I love being called grandpa...seems funny when people say they don't like it.

Barbiecat -- thanks...that's how I look at it - as a plan. It doesn't mean I am depriving myself at all. But I can tell you it felt good when I lost weight the week of Thanksgiving instead of gaining.

I actually don't have "cheat" days - that implies I am doing something wrong. During the summer I'll have an ice cream or at a birthday party a piece of cake etc. BUT I "plan" to eat it. That might mean extra exercise a few days before / after or fewer calories - but it is something I plan for and choose to do. Have a great holiday!
  • Shirley61
    edited December 2014
    Options
    1791837vuemvbsng5.gif

Merry Christmas Eve to all my friends on the Golden Years.

Shirley
  • NikonPal
    Options
    "Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time."
    ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.... :)
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Laura Ingalls Wilder was an insightful woman Bob. Thanks for sharing.

Joyful Christmas Eve everybody, and a merry, merry Christmas day.
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    --Bob thanks for the quote.
    --Barbie thank you and Bob giving us all of your Wonderful plan on maintaining and reaching your Goals.
    :D That is what makes a good thread thanks to all who post here
    <3 Marie it is not me but you the posters who makes this great place to spend time with so thankful for you all.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't qualify to join you all as I'm 51 - but wanted to say what a lovely bunch of people and wishing you a Happy Christmas.
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't qualify to join you all as I'm 51 - but wanted to say what a lovely bunch of people and wishing you a Happy Christmas.

<3 (*) <3
    But you can join us anyway. We love the output on the younger crowd too.
    thanks opal for dropping by . Please drop in again. We are just plain old homefolks
    <3 Marie

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi all... I have been reading this thread with great interest. I am 62 and have struggled with weight all my life. I have been logging on MFP for well over a year and have not really made a lot of progress due to numerous bumps in the road. I exercise regularly, just started with a personal trainer, and am getting my eating under control. We all know that weight loss begins in the kitchen!

I would love to communicate with like-minded folks and would like to join this thread and the Sneakers group.

Merry Christmas!
    Connie