Golden Years

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Hello Sandi,
    I did real good on our Christmas dinner. Did exactly what I plan
    Some turkey, Spoon full of mac and cheese Spoon full of corn casseroles , A serving of Brussels sprouts tea. small serving or Red Velvet Birthday cake of my Hubby Very small amount of ice cream. Wonderful Christmas and Birthday dinner at my Daughter house.
    We will have our family Christmas dinner Sunday. I just love the 1-1-1- diet. Doing wonders for me.So simple and easy.
    Glad you are joing in with us
    Marie

[*]
    1. lovesretirement
      lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
      Options
      Marie...glad you had a successful day!
      What kind of snacks are you having? I am planning my day tomorrow on 1:1:1 and have all meals done except for the afternoon snack. Going to grocery shop in the morning. Thanks!
      Connie
    2. CALIECAT
      Options
      Connie I do not eat snacks much . I do if I get hungry maybe a small tangerine some peanut butter or half of an apple with Peanut butter or cream cheese spread. I do keep a protein shake by my bed if I have a low blood sugar during the night. I don't remember did you get the book.? am still reading on mine. you are very wise to plan your meals ahe
      ad . Marie
    3. lovesretirement
      lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
      Options
      Yes. I have read most of it, and there is a morning and afternoon snack.
      I have planned ahead and listed each meal in my diary. It seems like a lot of food, but the calories come out in my range and the micros are pretty balanced except for the sodium. I have my sodium intake lower than recommended on MFP.
      Anyway, thanks for the suggestions...gonna start tomorrow.
    4. CALIECAT
      Options
      Connie I think you will find it easy to go by the 1-1-1-
      no hassle no bustle I just put the protein When I have cream cheese or peanut butter I count it as protein and fat. , carb, fat and fill up on the non starchy veggies. I do not make a big deal out of it. Plain and simple I do not do much cooking.I just keep a good eye on my plate for protein. carbs and fat. I do not eat carbs at night tho.
      Marie
    5. barbiecat
      barbiecat Posts: 16,950 Member
      Options
      Connie, MFP has a high sodium count as their default.....many physicians recommend keeping sodium to about 1600 mg a day....that's what I aim for.

Today we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant midday and I had a favorite chicken dish with brown rice and brought half of it home. Later a friend and I went to have a light supper with our friend who works at the emergency room. She has recently split up with her husband and was feeling sad so we wanted to spend time with her.

Back to more predictable eating tomorrow, also my beginner line dance class :D
    6. CALIECAT
      Options
      good Saturday morning

2925868hcj2vdme2r.gif

Christmas is over but not quite over yet for everyone My family still have their Christmas dinner this coming Sunday. Another day of being able to eat sensible. I did yesterday, But still taking a bye week of checking in for my weigh In.

So how was your Christmas day.?

I will be back later after Breakfast Maybe it will wake me up I change my profile picture from Christmas to the Dallas Cowboys. They are playing to "finish the fight" after a long struggle of not playing so well. (*) GO COWBOYS (*)
      Marie

7. gemfrire
      gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
      Options
      Momma...news flash - it is Friday! :D
      I did the scale hop this morning and yikes it is up a pound! Have only today to get it off by tomorrow's WW weigh in! Water,water,water and move it!
      Have a great day!
    8. BlueHarebell
      Options
      Super Christmas day with my lot. I was given a digital scale and this morning discovered MY estimate of cereal is a little more than the scale said it should be, along with everything else I eat I expect, so, here we go again, losing the 2 lb packed on this last week with comfort eating for bad cold!
      So there you are Marie, didn't recognise the logo. I changed mine over Christmas to a poor painting I did of a place near where I was born.
      Good luck everybody with weigh in Friday, Anne.
    9. CALIECAT
      Options
      <3 Good morning Alice, Me to Mine went up this morning too. for I did not take a water pill yesterday traveling back and forth to your house. But took 2 this morning to try to make up for it. I too will be hitting the water jug today.

<3 Good morning Anne, Yes got to support my Dallas Cowboys I like your new one you put up
      have a great weekend

1525320xvu02o1h7o.gif
      Marie
    10. BlueHarebell
      Options
      For our dessert yesterday I used some very old fashioned stemmed glass bowls once belonging to my Mam and I hadn't used in years. Everybody remarked how little they held compared to today's big dessert bowls, and I guess that's a big part of the problem today, our modern dishes are far bigger than those our forebears used. What do you think? Anne.
    11. Shirley61
      Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
      Options
      I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and I will continue with this group. I guess 65 is relatively Golden. I just love Marie so I follow her around the MFP sites. LOL I hope to get to know everyone here and we can share our GOLDEN YEARS.

Shirley
    12. CALIECAT
      Options
      Shirley you are such a sweetheart"
    13. NikonPal
      NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
      Options
      Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I ate a little more than usual – but kept it under 1500. Just stuck with the things I don’t get on a normal days. I did have to resist the temptation of going overboard on stuffing (that can be 300 + calories for 1 cup); I did have just over 1 cup. It was easy to pass on potatoes, cranberries etc.

Dinner was at our house & I was able to weigh turkey / squash portions with no one the wiser. Regardless, I did have a “tic” up on the scale, but know I can get rid of it easy by Monday (my weight record day).

Went shopping a bit today and bought some smaller shirts – they all button – but a couple are a little snug (should be fine after I knock off about 5-8 pounds and tone a bit). I have eliminated all my 5XL, 4XL, 3XL shirts from my closet. The 2XL are now running big…Today's shirts (and 1 Nautica sweater) were just plain XL. Great buys!

I realize, I could have loosened up more and been OK – but I have some very specific plans in the not too distant future and I will be happier with a few pounds gone.

Again best wishes to all. Only a few more days to 2015!

Time goes by way too fast….as if we all don’t know that…
    14. barbiecat
      Options
      :D Anne, that's an interesting point about the size of dessert bowls. When I was a teenager, soft drinks were served as 8 ounce servings, now kids buy soft drinks by the liter or bigger.

:D Bob, I have to stay completely away from stuffing because I always want more.smiley-laughing002.gif I agree with you about staying close to plan and not "loosening up". Reaching my goal and staying there is more important that being entertained by food. Congrats on all the sizes you've discarded.

:cry: my weight is up a bit today after two restaurant meals yesterday and my restaurant meal "doggy bag" today. I've been active today (walking, exercise bike, line dance class) and eating smart today so the water weight should be gone soon.

smiley-sleep012.gifI am off to bed early so I can get up early enough tomorrow to walk the dogs and still get to a spiritual meeting that starts at 7AM.

Barbie
      1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    15. BlueHarebell
      Options
      Barbie, just want to say I very much enjoy reading your comments and find you a most interesting lady. Although 11 years younger than myself I suspect you will still be as active and as dedicated when you reach my age. There's nothing like walking the dogs to get one motivated is there. I so wish I still had my sweet Labrador mix, Jenny, to go for long walks with. Tabitha Daisy my 17 yr old cat just isn't into walkies! I'm an early riser too so I will think of you tomorrow, walking your dogs and going off to such an early meeting. Anne.
    16. BlueHarebell
      Options
      Marie, I'm not sure how to comment, like on the thumbs up thingy, so thumbs up here instead on your impressive progress. I'm still battling the flu or a bad cold and hoping I haven't given it to my bunch over Christmas. At least you can't pass this virus on the Internet (I hope not anyway, who knows these days!! I read too much science fiction as well as mysteries).
      Hope everyone keeps well or recovers for the new year. Anne.
    17. barbiecat
      Options
      Anne, my 86 year old neighbor has an elderly cat that she has walked with a leash and harness the cat's whole life. They don't walk fast enough or far enough to count as too much exercise, but it gets both of them out of the house for awhile.

I walk even when the dogs don't want to. When we travel and board the dogs, I walk in the morning wherever we are and when we get home and can't pick the dogs up right away, I walk in the morning without them. I have an mp3 player with earbuds so I can listen to music and podcasts while I walk so I have company and entertainment.

:D Barbie
    18. BlueHarebell
      Options
      Hi Barbie, me too, I walk every day, usually for 1 hour. I've never owned a car so it's something I've done my entire life. I had to smile at the idea of putting Tabs on a leash although I know a lot of folks manage this amazing feat. You see Tabs was a very wild shelter cat when I first got her. I swear she really HAS got some real wild cat in her. Anyway she has become more lovable and tame with old age. I bought her a very large toy rat for Christmas. You unzip it and put catnip inside the pouch. Since Christmas she has slept with her head on it with a most blissful look on her face. When awake she does bat it around a bit. Anne.
    19. CALIECAT
      Options
      While we oot Barbie on our mind She has a very lovely thread here on motivation and support. A great following ' over 50+ she and I have been friend for many years we met here on MFP She is very wise. and always give a helping hand to anyone who needs it. love her and her dear husband too. She is a dancing dude.