• "I've finished with the year", said God,
    In gray, green, white and brown,
    I've put the rime upon the sod,
    Sealed the worm within the clod,
    And let the last sun down.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY, Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Happy New year" Golden years" lets be happy all thru the year.
    <3 (*) <3
    Marie- caliecat
  • Good Morning, always happy and uplifting Marie!
    Between nursing this virus and gobbling Christmas goodies I've managed to put on 3 lbs. I'm no longer in maintenance mode. Back to the drawing board, as they say.
    Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Anne that is the life of having the genes to be fat. have to stay on our toes all the time.
    That's why Barbie stick to her regular routine.
    Marie
  • You are quite right Marie about staying on our toes. She is quite a remarkable lady, Barbie. She's got the gift of will power. We all have something, and YOU have the gift of giving happiness. ❤️ Anne.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Good morning,

It is blustery outside, the wind is whipping around.Brrr Happy New Year to All.

Marie is a fabulous example of how you can keep motivated at any age. Barbie is very disciplined in her lifestyle of exercise and eating. I am going to try and take these ladies
    motivations this 2015 and hope I can finally get to my goal weight. I was my lowest this summer
    which is always a challenge for me because of all the sailing cruises we do with our club and
    we put on pot luck dinners at all of them. So I hope I can challenge myself even more this year and get back to where I was then some.

May all of you get to you goal weight this year even if we are in the Golden Years.

Bob - I am an animal lover so that picture is adorable of Fender.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • Here's 17 year old Tabitha daisy. Well maybe. I'm practising posting photos. Happy new year Shirley. I don't think it's worked, but here goes.
    kdh2wms0gzxj.jpg
  • Oh my! It did!
  • CALIECAT
    yes it did Anne and thank you so much for sharing with us. now you can share more things with us.Beautiful cat
  • CALIECAT
    Thanks Shirley. really I am just an nosey old woman.
  • CALIECAT
    here is a i6k4lsvzg7d1.jpg
    gift I received yesterday from a very sweet girl I met on MFP. from New Zealand. her name Judy Watson. she swipe these picture off of my profile page and had them mounted on these blocks. The little doggie is my Jack Russell name Sammy. which we lost Dec 4, 2014 still morning over him and will for a long time.. The beautiful yellow roses are from her rose garden.
    Marie
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Oh my! It did!

Beautiful Tabitha! Love cats... We had two cats for roughly 20 years before they passed. We rescued an abused Calico and have had her for about 6 years -- still VERY easily startled...the ruffle of papers will send her running for safety...she has her own room - LOL and is loved, fed etc.... doube she realizes we saved her from death row:) Again - love your photo.
  • NikonPal
    edited January 2015
    A little New Year’s Day sharing:

Always think of my mother on New Year’s Day – her birthday. It’s been 43 years since my mother passed at the age of 57 after a long battle with cancer (I was barely a teenager) – she is missed by many and my memories are still intact. (That's me with her and also a Spiritual Bouquet I gave her - she said that is what she liked the most - not a material gift)

Birthday1_zps8af4b4a4.jpg

Started my day with a 2-mile walk. I couldn’t decide what to have for breakfast, so it ended up being a little bit of everything. Between the two – my net calories for the day are (-) 18

20150101_095124_newyearsbreakfast_recipe_zpsc288aac2.jpg

Looked back on this year’s progress and very happy…a total of 171 pounds no longer being lugged around. I successfully completed the “100 Days to 2015 Challenge” group I belonged to and surpassed my goal by 162.50% with a 39 pound loss.

Not much planned for today. Might do some cleaning out and then some planning re: expanding strength exercising. I never noticed until today the Planet Fitness didn’t have an area for floor exercises and I want to do them as well (I guess it will be at home). Been watching some youtubes on the topic of floor exercises for people over 50… :) I do plan Nautilus as well.

As Einstein said: “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” Now it’s time to think about what to make for lunch. LOL

I hope this New Year brings immense happiness to all of you!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,130 Member
    i4stzbihub7x.jpg

The picture of Tabitha inspired me to post a picture of Bernie.
  • Tabs was saved from death row too Bob. She had been in a cage at the shelter for 7 months when I happened by. I'd just lost my much loved cat Miss Becky at the time. Those eyes got to me, plus the purring etc. however when we came home I swear I had got me a wild cat mix. Talk about a personality change. I tried to name her Daisy but it wasn't to be, she liked Tabitha and so we compromised. Today, much older, she is a lovely domesticated much loved cat just like all my past doggies and cats and other assorted pets were. Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Bob your breakfast looks devine but way to many carbs for me. I only get one servings at each meal and fruit count as a carb on my plan. here will be my lunch4y0a2u4aqjgh.jpg
    Just one slice of whole wheat bread
    marie

Barbie good seeing Bernie again.
  • Bob, your story about your mother reduced me to wet eyes. We always miss our parents and especially so during the holidays don't we. My dad died Christmas, 1970, also from cancer and not much older than your Mom, but it's even harder losing a parent when one is so young as you were. Not a day goes by without me thinking of my lovely parents at some point.
    Barbie - Bernie, another beautiful tabby cat, I love all creatures great and small. I even help spiders find the front door safely. I take after my Dad. Anne.
  • NikonPal
    BlueHarebell - Thanks she was full of love & it is amazing the those with "big hearts" and a "large presence" remain with us. Funny how we re-define age as we grow up. I didn't fully understand just how young "57" really was...I've lost a lot of family & friends under the age of 65...(my brother went to bed at 61 one night and never woke up - by the same token my oldest sister is in her 80's....no one knows -

On a less somber topic - CNBC had Mike Lee (MFP CEO) on their show this morning. Essentially noted they are pure software app etc., but work with numerous hardware companies (FitBit etc.); He noted what we know – they have a massive database & that 75 MILLION registered users have logged over 14.5 billion foods, burned 364 billion calories, exercised for 1.2 trillion min., and grew food base to 5 million. Says they are the best at tracking health, giving insights, tracking diet, massive database & overall full picture of health.

Have a great FRIDAY - to all !
  • WOW!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Okay since we are putting up cat pictures, here is a picture of Izzy my daughter's cat who we are sitting until she gets back from California.

ekmrm1f8voxs.jpg