Golden Years

Options

Replies

• BlueHarebell
    Options
    Morning Marie, thank you for the tip on Barbie's motivation thread, I will try and find it. She does indeed seem a very wise person. Anne
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    What are golden years? lol
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Karinaortiz. golden years is when you grow older group But is open to any age groups.
    <3 (*) <3 Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Well Jerry and I done had our savoring hunt today. had to find my glasses[ misplace them]
    Also I could not fine my new Cowboy shirt last night. That Alice gave me for Christmas. Jerry hung it up in his closet. I plan on wearing it to the family Christmas dinner tomorrow So all is back to normal. Jerry is my husband and Alice is my daughter and best friend.
    Have a great day. great chatting with you
    Marie
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    kdxbe17720vr.jpg
    For you Momma!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks alice I will.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Caliecat – Glad holiday eating all worked out “as you planned”….congrats!

Barbiecat – enjoy those dance lessons…I think you are right on the sodium (not that I don’t have more than I should some days)

As previously mentioned I kept control of holiday calories…– 24th: 1077; 25th: 1225; 26th 1201; Yesterday was too low - family from Florida leaving, wife sick, gym, mall, groceries, yada yada; at the end of the day I realized I was “way” under calories and had forgotten to eat breakfast.
    -
    Gosh – only 3 days til New Years!!! Anxious to see how I end up for the year….so I can re-evaluate and end up exactly where I want to be by Feb/Mar. Bought some Nautica swim trunks on sale this weekend (Orig. $59.50 and I only paid $10.50) – My first swim trunks in almost 15 years! I rarely ran into bargains, at my previous weight. Of course, swim trunks were not on my mind.

Have a great night and remember – Only 361 days til Christmas! :)

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,108 Member
    Options
    Bob - what success!! Wonderful wonderful wonderful! More power to you----wait, you already have more than enough!!

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Bob. Good job shopping.
    I did not carry my plans out too well today. Tomorrow is a new week. got to get better.

Hi Lin, have a good day today
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,951 Member
    Options
    Bob, where do you live that you're thinking about swim trunks right now? or do you have a great vacation planned somewhere with a warm climate?

The temperature here is just about freezing so I'm wearing extra layers this morning for walking the dogs.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Barbie is very dedicated to her way of life and eating lifestyle. I try and be more like her when it comes to being strong and refusing food temptations. I wasn't so strong last night when Dave wanted some treats. I had these treats saved for another time when we go to the boat show in January and shared it with our friends. I have not gotten on the scale yet but tomorrow I will.
    I have a weigh in on Friday and I better get my act together.

Marie has started a new plan and I have been watching her success with it. Keep it up Marie
    you are doing great.

Have a lovely day.

Shirley
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Just popping by to say hi everybody. You are the canny one Bob snapping up those bargains! 360 days now to Christmas, oh no! Do you have a boat Shirley? Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hello Anne thank you for dropping in.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Well Barbiecat…it’s freezing here too…let’s just say I am brushing up calypso and reggae music. :D
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Anne - Yes, we have a 30 foot Ticon sailboat. We were in Annapolis, MD on Canadian Thanksgiving to the boat show there. It was very impressive and our first time there.

Bob - You are doing great getting into those smaller sizes. Kudos to you!

• BlueHarebell
    Options
    That must be great fun having a sailboat SHIRLEY, and your trip to Annapolis must have been interesting and very enjoyable. My dad worked for a time at a small shipyard, and even after he left he still made model yachts and boats as a hobby. He made me a toy yacht one Christmas during WW11 and I used to sail it across the creek next to our house, manned by lady bugs. I got quite upset when they abandoned ship and flew off. Guess I was about 7 at the time. Thanks for the memory. That's the closest I've got to owning a yacht! Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Anne I enjoy reading your post about your life;. I have been wondering how you get your groceries home without a car. Doctor appointment. and etc.? I don't drive now for I am blind in one eye and can't see to well in the other one.But My husband take me everywhere I want to go. I gave up driving about 3 years ago. But I still miss going where I want to go and when.and not have anyone waiting for me. I am a browser.
    Hugs marie
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Hi Marie, i have been enormously lucky in never having had a car in this big big land. I worked about 45 minutes from home, but always managed to get to and from work with one of the engineers in my group. Now, I'm your typical little old lady trudging along with my shopping trolley to the local Organics store. I can get one bus to one mall and the dentist, and I can get 2 buses to get to a bigger mall and even the doctors only I keep well clear of doctors if possible. The doctor was somewhat surprised to see me 5 years ago after a 9 year absence. They'd put my files on the obsolete shelf. Cheek! I can get a bus to the hospital and emergency which I did after breaking an ankle on a rock whilst gardening 2 years ago. Thought it was just sprained. Then, if the weather is really appalling one of my sons comes to the rescue. So far I've managed just fine, but I expect it will change as I get older.
    Hugs back, Anne.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,951 Member
    Options
    :D Anne, there's a women in my neighborhood who has no car and is imaginative like you in getting around;

:D Bob, I live far enough north that many people head south to Mexico or Hawaii on winter vacations or spend the whole winter in Arizona, Florida, or Southern California.

<3 Barbie
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Morning everybody. Just got back from taking my shopping cart for walkies to the grocery store Marie. Brrrr was it ever chilly, especially crossing the bridge. Shiver me timbers, Shirley. I guess you will know about that! Anyway I'm now home and I've got a good filling, warming stew simmering on the stove. Have a good day everyone despite forecast high winds this evening, Anne.