Golden Years

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I am beginning to think I am too Shirley. . A new year is coming up I am glad your reminded about the weight in Challenge
    Hugs- Marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning Marie, thank you for befriending me. No longer am I a lonely little harebell! No, diary - public DOESNT show up on MY profile. However if you all can see it I shall expect you all to comment on my good habits, lol, or more likely; lack of! I'm really interested in your 111 plan. It makes sense. I somewhat slipped yesterday. Super meal at a restaurant for my lovely grandson. Thanks again, you sound to be a very lovely person, and we need all the lovely people we can find today. Anne.
    Good morning Marie, thank you for befriending me. No longer am I a lonely little harebell! No, diary - public DOESNT show up on MY profile. However if you all can see it I shall expect you all to comment on my good habits, lol, or more likely; lack of! I'm really interested in your 111 plan. It makes sense. I somewhat slipped yesterday. Super meal at a restaurant for my lovely grandson. Thanks again, you sound to be a very lovely person, and we need all the lovely people we can find today. Anne.

Your diary is public.........

Lin

• BlueHarebell
    Options
    Thank you Lin for letting me know my diary is public. When I look at my profile it doesn't show that it is, hence me trying and trying. On the previous system it did. I'm afraid I'm not very savvy at this computer lark, coming from the old shorthand and typing era, boy I'm showing my age. Still, one is never too old to learn and it's lots of fun even if one doesn't get the ironing done, or is that past too? all this wrinkle free stuff, sigh. LOL. Must buy new clothes! Enjoy your day, Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Anne I reported the above posts sorry
    Marie
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    No problem. I'd like to give HER a sharp clip around the ear, the old fashioned sort.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Somebody needs to.
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    Hi Marie! I'm 47. Not quite golden yet, but would like to join in. My husband and I will have been married 21 years come February. I have finally bounced back from knee-replacement surgery and am ready to get moving and eating better again.

Michelle
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Oh we like the young folks too Help keep us on the beam, michelle, Glad to hear you have recover from your need replacement. Merry Christmas to you Drop in often and chat with us . have any kids? Where do you live.?
    hugs Marie
  • noelkm67
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, Marie. We live in Reno, NV, although I am originally from Nashville, TN and John is from Ottumwa, IA. We both work at the local community college. No kids (by choice) but we do have a 19-year old dog. Merry Christmas!

You folks will help keep me on the beam, too.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thank you Michelle. I love hanging out with you all. any snow up there? drizzly rain here in Texas. I am a great Dallas Cowboy fan on Pins and needles till Sunday Sending hugs your way <3 Marie tell John Hello too.
  • noelkm67
    Options
    Snow on the mountains up around Tahoe. We don't have any down here in the valley yet. Reno is at the bottom of a big bowl ringed by mountains.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    But you will get some. I have a friend in Colorado That sends me pictures of her snow days. can't wait to see some.
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hello Goldie's How did you day go today.
    I work up with pains in my little toes can't tell which one. My husband check my toes and could not see anything wrong. Hope it just one of those pains I get and gone the next day
    Do you get pains and gone the next day?
    Can drive a senior batty. other than that a nice pleasant cloudy misty day. Waiting for the Cowboys game Sunday. I hate it that our running back got his hand broken.

my menu today
    Breakfast...Raisin toast with cream cheese coffee

lunch....Bowl of hamburger soup. Ate the last of it today will have to make more soup tomorrow I think it will be broccoli and cheese soup.

Dinner 1/2 turkey sandwich. glass of skim milk.

Snacks later if needed for my blood sugar.

Tomorrow is my Weigh in day . keep your fingers cross for me

Closing for now

oh to be young again instead of winkle and fat
    marie

2687152l81702m9pn.jpg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    smiley-cool05.gif Today was another holiday party. This one started at lunch time so planned ahead what I would eat and stuck to my plan. I knew what they would have so it was easy to make the plan....I ate things I don't keep in my house (cheese and fancy mixed nuts)

1635959zfv2q8wczj.gif

:heart: Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie thanks for dropping in. I love your little dog graphic, so cute he looks like a miniature Daisy. you have more will power than anyone I know. Thanks for all of your help. you do so good on these holidays, I admire you so.
    Hugs Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Woke up this morning and toes was not hurting. feet feel great.

Got on the scales and lost 1 1/2 lb.I was ready to do the happy dance. it is cool and damp here today.
    ********************************************************************************************
    Breakfast .... 1 sl of raisin bread toast with cream cheese and just a smear of apricots jelly

Lunch..... 1/2 turkey Sandwich 1 T mayo, With coffee

Dinner....Can of French style green beans with meatballs slice tomatoes Coffee or tea.

Snacks if needed for my blood sugar.
    in my golden years I do not like nor do I feel like cooking.

*********************************************************************************
    Got my cowboy vest on that I made several years ago. Cheering the Cowboys to victory

hope this find you all having a blessed Day
    Marie <3
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

1490948gjb19l1xpi.gif

Amazing Marie, keep it up! I still have to enter in the Easter Challenge but sorry to say not a loss, just going up. Too many temptations this time of year for me. I find it a challenge.
    Giving myself another couple of weeks and then back to losing again.

BlueHare -So glad to hear your hair is maintaining and it is important at our Golden Years to have enough fat in our diet. Too much is not good either but we do need fats like
    Avocados, Olive Oils and many others in moderation. It also helps with our joints to keep them lubricated.

• CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Good point Shirley Shoot I could have had an avacada intead of Mayo with my turkey sandwich I forgot I had some. I will try to remember to add half of one with my dinner tonight for my fat.
    Marie
    Garfield is so right/ I does happen That way.
  • BlueHarebell
    Options
    Love the Garfield saying!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Love the Garfield saying!

Me too Shirley!!

Marie - I think you are *really* ready for this game!

Lin