100+ pounds to loose, lets all talk

Options

Replies

• jbrixe00
    jbrixe00 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the newcomers! I hope everyone had a great Monday!
  • Mwrarr
    Mwrarr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi All :) I'm somewhere around 60-90# left to lose, with 120-ish already in the chute. It's taken me forever! I allowed a gain over the fall, about 15#. (I prefer to call it bulking season! ;) LOL) But I'm positive it will be gone by Valentine's Day. Nice to find some kindred spirits.
  • knkirk09
    Options
    I have about 120 pounds I need to lose. I love all the support on here. Feel free to add me!
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have exactly 100. I lost 65 about 2 years ago. The key to keeping your sanity is breaking it up into chunks (I do 30lb chunks) so you're not looking at this overwhelming goal. That's the only way I made it :)
  • trazter31
    trazter31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 75 pounds. This number seems like a mountain and it is but I've already lost 10 pounds in one month by counting calories and eating healthy things. If I can lose 10 lbs every month I will reach my goal in 7 months- just in time for summer! I am changing the way I think about food & aware of every thing I put into my mouth. No longer will going out to eat on a Friday night include a pizza and 4 beers. It's now a salad with 1 small piece of pizza and water. I will have to eat right for the rest of my life so I don't gain it back. It's not a diet- it s a lifestyle change. When I started eating healthy things like lowfat yogurt and baby carrots I HATED them but your taste buds get used to them after awhile and you don't crave the junk as much. Good luck to you and picture yourself in those skinny jeans or cute shorts this summer and MAKE it happen!
  • trazter31
    Options
    Ultimate goal is to drop 100 pounds. Down 30 so far, have gotten as far as 35 before I sabotage myself. Can't seem to break that Minus 35 plateau.

I am doing this by limiting my carb intake to 100g a day and Spin class 2-3 days a week. 2015 will see me add Strength training with free weights. But I am addicted to pizza and wings and can't seem to get through Football season without them.

Feel free to add... I need all the motivation and support I can get.

See that's the great thing you don't have to go without pizza or wings, fit them into your diary once in awhile. Now of course they are higher calorie and you can't have as much without going over but you can work them in occasionally especially on a Spin class day.

Definitely add in the Strength training that was one of the best things I did! Good luck to you

I love wings too. Try eating carrot and celery sticks dipped in a tiny bit of hot sauce and blue cheese dressing- almost tastes like buffalo wings!
  • cheryljones984
    Options
    I am just starting this journey. I need to lose 140 and I'm hoping to stay on track. It will be nice knowing there are other people like me who need to lose over 100.
  • trazter31
    Options
    I have 100 to lose and don't have a single friend on here yet. Im super embarrassed about my size so I thought I'd track food for a while on my own, but had a change of heart. I just signed up a couple of days ago and am just diving into figuring out the site. I'm a young 45 and am 5'3" at 239 if that rings true to anyone. Please feel free to add me if you like!

Hi, I am 46 and need to lose 75 lbs. I just joined this site too and find it very helpful. Keeping track of everything I eat made me really aware of what I was putting in my mouth. I'm way more aware of calorie counts. Who knew that one little dunkin donut munchkin had 80 calories! I could eat five of those a day as they are always around the office break rooms. Small changes will get you there. Good luck and keep me posted on your progress!
  • oxivydreamsxo
    Options
    Trying to lose 100 plus pounds. I've done it before... I hope I can again. Here's to a new start!!! God bless. o:)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    That's how much my husband needs to lose, but he keeps not logging in here. X( I keep telling him, if he logs in and participates, things will go much easier!
  • trazter31
    Options
    byvanzant wrote: »
    I am so glad to see that there are other people struggling just like me. I HATE the scale and it always ends up making me sabotage myself so this year I have committed to logging EVERYTHING(good or bad), walking more, and making healthier choices. I have done small things already such as not buying sodas for the house and only allowing myself to drink one soda a week if at that and to stop drinking coffee with tons of cream and sugar. I have enjoyed reading everyone's post and thanks for reassuring me that I am not the only one struggling! Good luck!

I'm right there with you! This is so hard but little by little, day by day, the weight will come off. I have to remember I didn't gain 75 pounds in 6 months, it took years so it will take time to lose 75 pounds. Good luck to you.
  • Mallyycatt
    Mallyycatt Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have about 122 lbs that i need to lose, and my personal goal is to lose at LEAST 50 this year!! :) I'm all about new friends, and sending support through this journey!!

Anyone feel free to add!
  • abigaileharvey
    abigaileharvey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 100 to 110 lbs to lose. I have reached my heaviest weight of 270 lbs and I'm fully committed to getting back on track. I have always struggled with my weight, gaining significant amounts of weight in college and then again after giving birth to my daughter who is now three. Two years ago, I committed to weight loss and lost 20 lbs through tracking food on MFP, taking up running and doing an at-home exercise program. Then I started dating my boyfriend who had just lost 90 lbs. We both got comfortable, started eating more fast food and eating out and I lost those great exercise habits. I also stopped paying attention to portion sizes. We both love food and being from Wisconsin, it's hard to kick the beer and cheese habit! But, alas, we're both back on the wagon and are supporting each other through this journey. I'd love to have other people to support and motivate me to keep me accountable through this permanent lifestyle change. Please add me!
  • jan092284
    jan092284 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have about 50-60 lbs to lose and i definitely understand your frustration about knowing the long journey you are about to endure. That's one of my setbacks as well. I have gone back and forth starting out well and then failing. I'm really hoping that this is the time I stick with it! Anyone feel free to add me! Maybe we can help each other out!
  • jsrmpulido
    Options
    jan092284 wrote: »
    I have about 50-60 lbs to lose and i definitely understand your frustration about knowing the long journey you are about to endure. That's one of my setbacks as well. I have gone back and forth starting out well and then failing. I'm really hoping that this is the time I stick with it! Anyone feel free to add me! Maybe we can help each other out!
    You WILL DO IT. dont really "HOPE" it will work out this round- ive had to change every aspect of my life to fit my weight loss journey even the things that i say. If you say you will, dammit! Then you will!
    (: you can do this!
  • SaintCass
    Options
    I've got well over 100lbs to lose. The people in my life are supportive, but they aren't doing the same things, so it's difficult.
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I started out with over 100 lbs to lose. I've lost 44 so far. I still have between 60-70 lbs to go.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    trazter31 wrote: »
    Ultimate goal is to drop 100 pounds. Down 30 so far, have gotten as far as 35 before I sabotage myself. Can't seem to break that Minus 35 plateau.

I am doing this by limiting my carb intake to 100g a day and Spin class 2-3 days a week. 2015 will see me add Strength training with free weights. But I am addicted to pizza and wings and can't seem to get through Football season without them.

Feel free to add... I need all the motivation and support I can get.

See that's the great thing you don't have to go without pizza or wings, fit them into your diary once in awhile. Now of course they are higher calorie and you can't have as much without going over but you can work them in occasionally especially on a Spin class day.

Definitely add in the Strength training that was one of the best things I did! Good luck to you

I love wings too. Try eating carrot and celery sticks dipped in a tiny bit of hot sauce and blue cheese dressing- almost tastes like buffalo wings!

Thanks I've already lost my weight, and did it with including the occasional wing and pizza about once a week. It can all be included. If I want wings, carrots aren't going to cut it, so I fit the wings into my day and enjoy every delicious bite of them.
  • tiffeh345
    tiffeh345 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It is good to keep the end results in sight but try to focus on the journey right now.

My dad always said this to me whenever I began on a long term goal. "Long term goals are like taking a vacation to a far away place. You have to realize your ending point to know how far you need to go. What is more important, though, is the journey you take to get there. There are a lot of different ways to get to the same place. Make pit stops and enjoy getting there." He is a very smart man. :smile:

I have over 100 to lose. I set smaller goals to shift the focus off the overall goal. It can become overwhelming if you don't. I made a yearly goal for 2015. I want to lose 60 pounds by the end of the year. :)
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I saw this on Pinterest, so made my own...two jars. One labeled "Pounds left" and one "Pounds Lost". Put marbles in the "pounds left" jar, one for each pound you need to lose. Then move them to the "pounds lost" jar as you lose them. It's a great visual!