100+ pounds to loose, lets all talk

Options
Hi Everyone. I want to add and meet other people that have 100 pounds to loose. I keep meeting people that have a small amount of weight to loose and I need some people that are in it for the long haul. Sometimes my biggest frustration is knowing I have such a long journey a head of me. I would love to talk and connect with others that have the same issues. Lets all help motivate each other

Replies

• disneykay14
    disneykay14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. My goal seems so far away and I can't really find anyone else who has the same problem. I've been back forth on weight loss for a while. I'll do what I'm supposed to do for a few days, then bad, then good.... It's tough.
  • redskyharbor
    redskyharbor Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The journey is a long one, a lot of us are in that boat, me included. I dipped in and out of MFP for a while due to lack of motivation but I'm on a roll right now.

I'm always here if you want an accountability buddy or whatever :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I still have over 100 lbs to lose (on top of the 40 I already lost). Feel free to add me.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I have about 88 pounds left to lose… lost 113 already. I'm here for a while! If I can be of help to anyone… feel free to add me.
  • redsohare
    redsohare Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had lost 100.... but gained it back with friends. But i'm right there with you. The key to me has been getting tons of support and logging EVERYTHING (both for accountability) and then finding a program you can live with and sticking to it. For us with this much to lost it's not a diet. It has to be a permanent thing. Everything I've tried before has been successful, but not maintainable. It's got to be something you really can live with on a day to day basis.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have about 88 lbs to lose, depending on where I want my goal to be. I have tried this many times but after fighting diabetes for a year with no meds, this past week my doctor put me on meds and I have to get serious this time. I don't have a lot of support at home so depend on friends here and in the FitBit groups I am in. Feel free to add me.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am here for a while too, my tickers says 44lbs but that is just a mini goal for me, got lots and lots to go after i get there x
  • brosis85
    brosis85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do not have 100lbs to lose ... I have about 25. But I am in this for the long haul as I prepare for my first fitness competition! Also, I am a personal trainer and getting a nutrition certification so feel free to add me for tips and tricks if you are interested! Cheers
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I started back in June with 160 lbs to lose.
    So far, I've lost 78. I still have 82 to go.
    I'm here every day and I'm sure I will be for a long time.
    I don't think I'll ever quit logging. :)
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I also want to lose about 130lbs. I was doing so well until last night too. Ugh.
  • samantharay14
    Options
    Hello, this is my first post ever on anything!! I have about 50 lbs to loose. my first child was born a year ago and I need to not only lose the pregnancy weight, but I was over weight before i go pregnant. My hurtles are that i eat my feelings, when I'm bored, i am a home cook, and i am good at it. My husband doesn't eat vegetables or fruit, which are the foods i need to eat to lose weight. I recently started tracking what i eat and exercising again, for the millionth time. I am turning 29 this year, and I have wasted my twenties being over weight, my 30's will start with me weighting 140 because what i weight at 30 is what I'm going to weight forever (will power and feeling eating).
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I don't have over 100 to lose anymore, when I started I wanted to lose about 125 lbs. I have about 10 more to go.

But what I wanted to say is just because people don't have a lot to lose doesn't mean they aren't in this for the long haul they just have different goals than you.

Many of the people I've met in the past 2 years had very little to lose or had already reached their goals, those are the ones that gave me the best advice and who I wanted to learn from. So don't only look for those that have lots to lose, look to those that you enjoy talking with, and others you can learn from.

Good luck to all of you
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi I've got about 90lbs to loose. Feel free to add me everyone :-) xx
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My goal is to lose 108 lbs., I'm down 26 with 82 to go. It can be daunting so I am focusing on 10% increments and making changes that I can live with for the rest of my life. You have to look deep within yourself and ask how did I get here and how am I going to avoid going back. I'm a stress eater so I've had to develop new mechanisms to deal with stress (walking, yoga). I know this isn't a diet, I have always failed at diets.

It's going to be hard and sometimes you have to dig deep to stay on course, surround yourself with supportive friends, ignore the naysayers and those who try to derail you, forgive yourself when you may have slip ups but ultimately hold yourself accountable. I'm the only one that puts food in my mouth, no one force feeds me so it's my choices and I own my choices. I don't deny myself anything and I don't do "cheat days". If I want cake, I eat it and then exercise or reduce my other calories to stay within my goal. Occasionally, I have an "over day" but my weekly calories are always within goal. There is no magic pill, potion or diet, it's simple math: burn more calories than you eat.

You can do this, you have the tools for success within you.

I welcome supportive, committed friend requests, feel free to add me.

Slainte :D
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I had 125 to lose, and now I'm down 75. I'm certainly open to you adding me on here.
  • rendash49221
    rendash49221 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have 80 left to lose; started out on my own with 130 to lose. I'm in this for the long haul as well; feel free to add me.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I added you and would love to add more friends in the same boat! I lost about 70lbs and then gained 10 back in the last couple of months. I still need to lose about 100lbs.
  • Amzing_amy
    Options
    Hi, you can add me. I have about 110 to lose. I weigh in every week to keep myself motivated and accountable but I'm not worried to much about numbers. I have some fitness goals, like I want to complete Jillian michaels
    30 day shred in jan and hopefully join a sports team in feb/mar. I also have some clothes that I would love to get into again. I'm feeling pretty good about things right now. I invested in a treadmill and rediscoved my love of running. I love chocolate so I allow myself some every day. I have started thinking about why I'm eating and I find I eat a lot less. Most of my excess cals were alcohol and choc, so cutting back has been pretty easy. 110 lbs seems bloody gargantuan, but I'm sure it'll come off the same way it went on, one day at a time!

Also, I've tried adding people but it's not working for me (I suck at technology) so please add me! Thanks :)
  • mrsmartinez99
    mrsmartinez99 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 100+ here just to be within the healthy range. We can do this!! Feel free to add me.
  • Tremommie27
    Options
    I feel the same way, I have started my journey, and all I keep thinking about is how long it will take, but we have this ladies!