100+ pounds to loose, lets all talk

Options

Replies

• Sirlevisarmy
    Sirlevisarmy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to loose around 80lbs. I was down 40lbs but then got complacent and was to busy to work out. And if course, weight came back for another visit!

Part of my problem is that I am an emotional eater. When I get stressed, chips and sweets are what I turn to.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to loose around 80lbs. I was down 40lbs but then got complacent and was to busy to work out. And if course, weight came back for another visit!

Part of my problem is that I am an emotional eater. When I get stressed, chips and sweets are what I turn to.

I am the same when it comes to comfort eating. Cultivate new ways of dealing with depression cos trust me willpower don't work. U gotta unwind somehow.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Time will go by so fast before you know it we it will be 12/29/2015. Just take it one day at a time. Feels like yesterday when i joined and posted in a similar thread of needing to lose 100+ lbs (wanted to lose 232lbs). Met that goal this Month and currently down 236lbs (432 to 196lbs). Best wishes everyone.
  • SalQOG
    SalQOG Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used to be 330 pounds 2 years ago and now I'm 275. 55 pounds in 2 years is very slow but at least I'm losing. It's a long process. I'm making small goals, they are easier and more realistic for me. For example I started with 320 pounds goal to achieve and so on. Right now my goal is to reach 264 pounds. Good luck.
  • StretchyArms
    StretchyArms Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was 330 at the end of 2013 - Since then I have dropped 55lbs. I have about 70 to go before I switch over to maintain tracking. If you would like to add me, that would be fine. The more people there with you, the better chance you have to succeed!
  • DiminutiveDame
    DiminutiveDame Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Howdy!

I have 150+ lbs to lose. I've been very slowly changing my eating habits with hubby (he loses weight much easier) and while he supports me; we live with family that do quite the opposite. But I want to have kids and with a big move coming up I'm taking a more aggressive turn and doing more about my weight.
    I've never really been good at making friends and never had anyone to be accountable to so I would love to have some now!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this!
    Anyone can join, anytime. Just start posting. This is a place to vent, cry, rejoice or share whatever will help propel you toward your goals.
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I started at 290 and have about 170lbs to lose total. Like OP, one of my biggest hurdles is knowing that an average of 2lbs is what I can expect to lose on any given week, which means accepting that this is truly a lifestyle change. I thought I had accepted that early on, but I don't think I really did. One of the things I'm trying to do for the new year is let go of the past (what I could've or should've done or how things could be different now if I had just...) and focus on the present. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • cblue315
    Options
    One of my favorite motivational quotes:

Rome wasn't built in a day, but they worked on it every day.

I did not get fat in a day, I will not be thin in a day. But if I work on this every day I will get where I want to be.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm Tracie, 34 years old. I have 2 girls who are 4 and 19 months.
    I've struggled with my weight most of my life, but the past 10 years or so have been especially difficult. I currently need to lose almost 100lbs to be at a "healthy" BMI.
    I lost 63lbs with weig watchers in 2007. Gained 30 of it back. Then lost 40lbs for my wedding in 2009. I got pregnant with my oldest shortly after the wedding and gained it all back and then some. I lost most of it, but then gained it all back with my second child and have not lost it yet.
    I keep doing well, losing a little, then faltering and gaining it back. I can't seem to keep on track.
    I have an unhealthy relationship with food. I use it for comfort, celebration, boredom, you name it. And I also have some serious willpower and self control issues.
    I'm tired of being fat. I'm tired of seeing pictures of myself and wanting to crawl into a hole and never come out. I want to be a positive role model for my girls.
  • sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I,m Sandra, 47, 5,5, have about 60-70 still to lose. I have lost about 40-50 already since Aug 2015, but need to keep motivated to lose more and sometimes need a good kick in the butt here and there, like over the holidays when I had a couple really bad mess up days. I can see summer right around the courner and don,t want to be the huge fatty hiding from or on the beach, I know if I can just keep going I will be decent on the beach and can do a lot more of what I want to this year coming up. I want to bike again, try standup paddle boarding, kayak, there are so many things I have missed doing but so want too. Don,t know if people are using this as a group chat as one person suggested or adding each other. feel free to add me.
  • L720
    L720 Posts: 22
    Options
    My goal is 50 lbs. It won't make me "skinny" but I know I will be a lot happier at that weight. Please add me if you are also looking to lose a bigger number! :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 to lose as well (I haven't weighed recently to know my exact weight). Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jampge
    Options
    Down 40 with at least another 60 to go.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I have bookmarked this thread, so I can revisit throughout 2015, it would be nice if it would survive.
    I have started and stopped weight loss more times than I can count. I really need 2015 to be good to me and I need to find my motivation that will push me forward or at least sheer determination.
    I feel sooo heavy, even walking seems like a chore, so when I see some people posting their new year resolutions that involve running I am in ave.
    My new years resolution is for once to stick to my new years resolution :o
    Let's do this together! I have 100 lbs to lose but would be more than happy with 80 lbs, a dream in fact :smile:
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I've lost 52 and have another 48 to go to be my Ideal weight for a total of 100, but doctors would tprobably say I still need to lose 100 more. I'm always here if you need a friend in the same boat.
  • wendytheroo
    wendytheroo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HELLO, MY PEOPLE.

Anyone can feel free to add me as well. I've got 150 or so pounds that have got to go myself. Already lost 20 so far, and hoping not to re-find them. Seeing other people in my same boat killing it as well really helps with motivation.
  • chetrog
    Options
    Howdy all. I also need to lose weight. I would say 150lbs. Great seeing other people saying that they have lost some. I'm only 10lbs down, but just started..Good luck everyone.
  • cblue315
    Options
    Good morning all. I am feeling really good today. A little over on calories yesterday. But I did spin class and a swim. Today is a WO with the trainer and some cardio. Measurements today. Usually I dread this but I am feeling rather thin today so maybe it won't be so bad.