100+ pounds to loose, lets all talk

Options

Replies

• jdpnotler
    Options
    Wow to all those posters on your success to-date. Thank you so much for giving details, really helps a newbie.

I weighed in today at 241.3
    Goal is around 145

We can do this in 2015

Nonnie
  • sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    1500 calories yesterday, had a couple treats but made myself stay under. It's so cold and nasty here, I don, t want to walk and the community centre is closed so no walk or swim for me, my exercise will be a YouTube fitness video today, gotta get my butt moving this new year.
  • cyn196890
    cyn196890 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi yes I know what you mean , I see people only wanting to loose a few lbs but good luck to them all , it is hard I know .. Last year i lost 101 lbs and aiming for over 100 lbs again this year .. OK yes I fell off the wagon over Xmas but all starts again tomorrow .. I wish you all well on your journey .. Xx
  • sandyskw1967
    sandyskw1967 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    1200 calories today,30 min exercise
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I don't remember whether I'm on this thread or not. There are a couple of these. I could go back and check, but I'm lazy. :)

Did great today, moved my butt quite a bit, ate well. I have 70 lbs. left to lose. Started at 90 lbs. to lose.
  • jthebass
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I want to add and meet other people that have 100 pounds to loose. I keep meeting people that have a small amount of weight to loose and I need some people that are in it for the long haul. Sometimes my biggest frustration is knowing I have such a long journey a head of me. I would love to talk and connect with others that have the same issues. Lets all help motivate each other

Set out to drop from 320 to 250 back in may. The first sighting on the scale came on Christmas eve. Then Christmas happened. I'm just now back into just under the 151 mark.

I want to go more for 2015. Another 20 as an initial goal.

I ate bad stuff but I always had some degree of health to my diet. My 3 down falls were quantity of food, impulse snacks at home or a register in a store, and lack of exercise. I cut the qty way down, tracked calories, cut out candy and snacks (except pita chips still get me. ..Damn those pita chips) and I walk my baby daughter to sleep in her stroller every single night.

The exercise part has been most interesting for me. I may I would walk her round the block twice and be panting and sweaty.now we walk over 3 miles and a walk fsst. I take every hill I can and drag myself up there. Even started going out on my routes in the morning by myself and running up every hill I get too. It's awesome because I didn't set out to be super fit. Just to loose weight. But I feel myself getting better. I feel u can do more. And I recover quicker. I also started hiking and using kettlebell at home. I hate gyms. Am trying to avoid joining until I really have to.

I guess my point is don't say you have to lose 100lb. Lose 20 and find your drive yo do the next 20. Don't join a gym if your not commited. Walk round you neighborhood. Start walking faster. Push yourself even if you are just going round the block. Before you know it you will be on your way. And don't do what I used to do and what my wife still does and go to the gym twice, not see any results and complain about it while eating a bowl of chips and salsa.

Oh and when you plateau...keep going. You will break it. I'm here to meet as many people as possible.

Let's kill it in 2015!!!
  • shelldes74
    shelldes74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in with yah. I am just starting this journey. I have to lower blood pressure. I want to get off of these meds. I have 95 pounds to lose and need all the help I can get. Please add me. Thanks.
  • jbrixe00
    jbrixe00 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    As for not just focusing on the lbs wanted to encourage you all to take measurements! There may be a month that you only lose 4 lbs but you lost 20 inches!

I've still got a long way to go but I also never thought I would be this successful!

When starting last January I would walk 1 mile.. I'm now training to walk a half marathon in February! I also do a work out class 3 days a week.
  • nessa9013
    Options
    Hello. Everyone I'm new here and looking for some buddies to help each other to lose a lot of weight. I have about 110 pounds to lose and already lost 6 pounds of it this week..I was very excited so I done a happy dance..lol I would really like to have group buddies that can support each other in this long journey together..
  • agstandridge
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose. I also have pcos so I know it's going to be a long road. I'm ready for the challenge. Anyone feel free to add me. Together we can make it!!!!! :Do:)
  • K8Y88
    K8Y88 Posts: 48
    Options
    I have around 70lbs to loose I have set myself mini goals to loose a stone at a time it seems less scary ! X
  • jackiejones437
    Options
    Im new,im jackie and i need to lose 130.
    Anybody have grate ideas on what to eat and not to eat,ways to eat healthyer on a budget? Talk to me let me know,add me

• trajanAz
    trajanAz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd love to meet people on a long-term, triple digit journey. I'm probably on one of the longest journeys around here. When I started I had over 300lbs (really!) to lose, and it seemed a little impossible. I'm working with a dietitian, therapist and bariatric doctor to reshape how I look at food and approach life. So far I've lost 87lbs through eating reasonably, weight training and cardio.

I'm a consistent MFP user (log in every day), am very positive and would love a few more friends for reciprocal support. Nice to read about you all! :)
  • shelbelle7
    shelbelle7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as a lot of you here. I've got well over 100 lbs to lose. Be happy for the support of any of you wanted to add me.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    trajanAz wrote: »
    I'd love to meet people on a long-term, triple digit journey. I'm probably on one of the longest journeys around here. When I started I had over 300lbs (really!) to lose, and it seemed a little impossible. I'm working with a dietitian, therapist and bariatric doctor to reshape how I look at food and approach life. So far I've lost 87lbs through eating reasonably, weight training and cardio.

I'm a consistent MFP user (log in every day), am very positive and would love a few more friends for reciprocal support. Nice to read about you all! :)

Nice! Way to go.
  • HuskyHiker413
    HuskyHiker413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 lbs to lose. I'm not sure what I want my goal weight to be, I am looking to get down to 200 for starters. I have tried before and done well to only give up and end up back where I started. This time I am going to stay focused and get this done...

Please feel free to add me, I could use all the support I could get!
  • InspireM3World
    Options
    I have 134 lbs to lose (61Kg) and I've just started. I've never had a great amount of success with losing the weight but now I have a child to keep me on track and motivated. I'm hoping that 2015 will be my year.

Good luck everyone and enjoy the journey :smile:
  • jbrixe00
    jbrixe00 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    We got this people!!
  • jeffviets
    jeffviets Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Im shootin for 100 anyone one here feel free to add me
  • bia7500
    bia7500 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose too. Feel free to add me also.