Christmas/Holiday/Dayyoucelebrate Challenge

Options

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    My host made a dessert I'd never had, peanut butter and caramel covered Fritos. Baked, served and served in big sweet clumps. I had a small mountain of that, obvs.
  • Joanjett88
    Joanjett88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Joanjett88 wrote: »
    2meb1fadfb4q.jpg

Crab leg & shrimp boil. Looks like I'll be sitting at about 3,000 today after the 3 pig egg bake (bacon, ham, sausage) and French toast casserole this morning. Yesterday was about 2,800 after Chinese buffet. Yummy!!!
    Whoa.....I've always wanted to do that.

It was so much fun and actually fairly easy to prepare. Total cost was about $190 but totally worth it for a Christmas meal, lol. Fed 5 adults and a 10 year old with leftovers.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    also- I just learned something new- turkey's come with pop up timers... I took mine out- and then realized what it was- put it back in after 5 min in the oven.
    -
    wheeoooops

thankfully- I have another timer to double check it (although from what I've ready- the pop up timer is actually pretty accurate)

also- just hammered the russel stovers.

calorie count climbing higher.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    After all the freaking food, I'm not even hungry but the pics in this thread are making my mouth water! Anyone ever heard of KY Rum Pie? I think I went over 4000 calories on that stuff alone. Yum!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    All right, I'm ready to be judged.

My total would be more except A. I don't drink alcohol very often and B. no food place was open today. I mostly hit on desserts instead of Real Food because if I'm going all out (despite every place being closed) it's going to be with so-called junk food.

First meal: Santa Special - milk and PB cookies. I ate this at around 7a and didn't think about lunch until my husband asked if we were having something together at 12.30p.
    85naiw80rodh.jpg

Lunch: 2 egg omlette with Swiss cheese, 2 slices of bacon, and plenty of black pepper
    794ak207ogem.jpg

Lunch dessert: chocolate hazelnut infused coffee cake (actually close to a serving) and a milk chocolate bar with blueberries
    jnln41il1k11.jpg

Robert Goulet (3p munchies): assorted Nanimo bars, regular and PB (I think), and a chocolate covered graham sandwich
    emnah1feqewb.jpg

Supper: Stouffers lasagna, garlic bread, ginger ale, and apple pie
    504bqlbr7tbu.jpg

Evening snack: blueberry yogurt pretzels and deluxe mixed nuts (cashews, Brazil nuts, macadamias, and pecans)
    omx4wkalfdgq.jpg

Here is my diary totals for today (it's open if anyone wants to go see specifics)
    411tlzpe9pwt.png

From another online food diary, here's how it listed my macros and micros. I hit B12 for once!
    1ju22d9hczkt.png

• zyxst
    Options
    Just something I forgot today. Despite eating a lot of "crap" and/or "junk" food, I'm not hungry. I'm not tired or craving anything like I hear many people say I should be after eating all the "junk". I feel pretty good and quite happy. I didn't spend today waiting for the next meal or constantly wondering what to fit into my 1620 calories of the day.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Despite eating a lot of "crap" and/or "junk" food, I'm not hungry.
    If your macros are correct, it's probably because of your fat intake.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    May possibly never ever eat again.

My thoughts exactly. Sure hope I won't be up starving at 3am again though because that would just suck.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    well folks..I am sorry to report that I do not think I am going to get to 4000 today = epic failure…I am at about 3300 < but not sure how accurate that number is I figure the high side may be 3600 or something….

I am sufficiently stuffed and am chillen on the couch with some sweats on ..

may pour myself a scotch here in a bit….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'm sitting at 1900 or so- perhaps 2000 if you round up.

I just started cooking dinner ;) He he he he... and the wine. Also with the wine.

also- cut in my foot from last night- that I have no idea how happened- not a cut.

Noticed it last night before dinner.... and got home today at 3 PM and realized it still hurt- sat down and eye balled closer and realized it was a shard of glass.

whoops- need to disinfect and hope to god I didn't get tetanus or some such.

Okay- so slow cook sweet potatoes are on... I'm starting to prep the for the pie- and pretty much that's it- sautee the green beans- and slice up the stuff for salad.

Dinner's on by like- 9 LMAO.

so- enough time for more wine- and more love making.

Yes- Christmas at Jo's house for pantsless dinner! WOOOHOOOOOOO

video or it did not happen ….
  • zyxst
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Despite eating a lot of "crap" and/or "junk" food, I'm not hungry.
    If your macros are correct, it's probably because of your fat intake.
    I'm fairly consistent with being over on my fat on other days and will be wanting food, so I don't know.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    also- I just learned something new- turkey's come with pop up timers... I took mine out- and then realized what it was- put it back in after 5 min in the oven.
    -
    wheeoooops

thankfully- I have another timer to double check it (although from what I've ready- the pop up timer is actually pretty accurate)

also- just hammered the russel stovers.

calorie count climbing higher.
    You don't want the popup timers. The adhesive used to make it work has a very large range of temps that will cause it to pop, and the variance is horrendous. Just use a meat thermo.

MrM27 - stuff like those boils are fun and easy to do. Check this out from summer.

fqyixxwd2kgy.jpg

ETA - and I clocked in shy of 2800. That's fine, this week has been a biggun. lol.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Coming in around 5700 for the day.. subject to go up if I open more wine which might happen.

doooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

So another bottle of wine had to be drunk
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    2889 here which consists of mahoosive carbs and fat and not so much protein - I have a sweet tooth. So apart from the turkey and pork with dinner it was mainly chocolate in its many forms - until I felt quite positively sick. Poorly tooth much improved so long as I only ate on one side so for once I have to eat relatively slowly!

Golf planned today and will be good to get some fresh air as still feeling the effects of all that sugar and fat!

Ooh - forgot to mention mince pies with gingerbread ice-cream...truly delicious :-)
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    My host made a dessert I'd never had, peanut butter and caramel covered Fritos. Baked, served and served in big sweet clumps. I had a small mountain of that, obvs.

Hooooly! That sure sounds like white trash Fair food. Makes me gag just thinking about it.

Well I am PWT so there ya go. ;)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »

Hooooly! That sure sounds like white trash Fair food. Makes me gag just thinking about it.

Sounds good to me guess I'm white trash. Your attitude makes me gag too so GTFO