2015 Adopt a Noob Official MFP Thread

Options

Replies

• NewDay326
    NewDay326 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a noob that would love a mentor! I'm 33 looking to lose around 120 to 130lbs. Can't seem to slay this sweet tooth dragon and it keeps throwing me off, and of course my evening cravings.
  • JuliaHaleFitness
    JuliaHaleFitness Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a mentor here!
    A little about myself:
    -I am a Certified Personal Trainer and am currently studying for a certification in Fitness Nutrition. This is my passion. I currently train clients individually and online through my website, juliahalefitness.com and absolutely love seeing how healthy changes can turn peoples lives, moods and happiness around for the better.

-I work for Whole Foods and have worked for restaurants and so am clearly passionate about food (delicious food) and understand that food is such a huge part of life and social community and just can't be ignored! I love to cook and have developed great ideas for making my favorites (and my family's favorites) healthy.

-I struggled with anorexia for years and so know first hand how difficult life adjustments and mind sets can be. I am 100% recovered now and understand the road it takes to get to a good place.

-I love fitness and exercise and I know how to make it fun AND get you the most bang for your buck! Being healthy is about your whole life: physical activity, eating, happiness, stress, sleep. It's not easy at first but it's such a wonderful experience getting there!
  • bjmurphy102
    bjmurphy102 Posts: 31 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Has found his noobs and is no longer accepting new applicants. :)

---
    I would LOVE to be a mentor! My story:
    I am a 34, almost 35, year old male. I have struggled with my weight for all of my adult life. When I was 25 I weighed 400 pounds and I KNEW that I had to do something about it. I did the yo yo and fad diets and nothing stuck. As of three years ago I found MFP and didn't really commit to it. Two years ago I decided to start taking things seriously and get my health into focus. I have managed to go from 350 pounds down to 260 and am still losing. I have found my true passion in life is to help people overcome this epedemic that is over taking our world. I love it so much that as of fall I will have quit my career, accounting, and am returing to school for Dietetics with a double minor in Kinesology and Exercise Science. I live to help others and let them know that we all have bad days and we all stumble but as long as you never give up on yourself you will make it. I won't sell you anything but I will hold you accountable. I am open to one or two NOOBs. I look forward to helping someone else as much as I can!! my ultimate goal is to get my Body Fat % down to 15%.
  • daniwho_95
    daniwho_95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im looking for a mentor.
    Im 19 years old and im getting married the last weekend in May. (Woop woop) I weight 260lbs and would like to eventually like to reach 160lbs. I have a serious problem with sugars and I am to overweight to do much exercising so im stuck to walking for now. I am looking for someone to keep me accountable and help me when im struggling staying away from my problem food.
  • RobTheTeddyBear
    RobTheTeddyBear Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm in need of a mentor.
    Some things you should know are that I will not - ever - run or join a gym. I prefer to do home workouts, bicycle, fast walk and watch calorie intake. I'm trying to defeat my sweets cravings. My goal is to drop from 345 to <270. I got to 280 at one point but put it back on and then some after taking a "sit down" job. This time needs to be for good with this unhealthy job I have. I'm a 34yo picky eater, smoker - but I'M SERIOUS about this. Thanks!
  • elloseit
    elloseit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love a mentor. I'm new and just getting started. Hoping to stay motivated and not give up.
  • chant1lly
    chant1lly Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi all I am a 39 year old single mum of five. Battled weight since my teens and have done so many diets my brain is confused .. I've decided to go back to basics and count calories for a while. Would love a mentor ... or buddy on here

I have been here a while but didn't get round to using it much in the past.

I need to lose about 8 stone .. but think I'll be happy with around 5

I've started at the gym today and will be going as much as time allows and will.do my best to keep tracking
  • lolaandbehold
    lolaandbehold Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP, having tried weightwatchers previously and lost weight, but there were a few things about the system I didn't like. Hoping MFP is going to be the answer for me, but definitely need some motivation and a kick in the right direction! If anyone would like to support, I'd be very grateful :)
  • CaleabVeasley
    CaleabVeasley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like a mentor
  • MissFibi11
    MissFibi11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know I need to be looking around and messaging volunteer mentors, and that is what I'm doing. However, in the mean time, I figured I make a post to see if I can catch any of the mentors eyes while I look around.

I'm turning 26 in May, married with no kids and very over weight at 225-230 on a 5'3" frame and I'm ready to kick a** and loose 80lbs+. I am a corrections officer for a local Sheriff's Office and I want to loose weight and get fit/gain muscle so I can defend myself against my unruly and aggressive inmates. I was also diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and have a fatty liver that drives my bad cholestrol up into the unhealthy high levels. This has also made having a baby very very difficult for my husband and I and we would love to plan for a baby in the next year or so, but my Dr tells me I need to loose about 20lbs in hopes to help my fertility issues.

I am ready to start making the life changing steps needed to be healthy, get stronger and show the law enforcement world that a short woman can hold her own! Hell Yeah!.....and having a baby would be great too. lol

Looking for a mentor who may also be in law enforcement or else has exprience in PCOS weight loss struggles. I need someone who can hold me accountable, be a drill seargent at times and have dark humor (very dark humor lol). Hope to find someone out there in this wide world!
  • Feistychick68
    Feistychick68 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello I would like to be matched with a mentor male/female that thinks I would be a good little pupil xD. I am a 46 year old female that is great at telling others how to be positive and to believe in themselves. Something I struggle with. I grew up in an alcoholic environment that wasn't the best and emotional eating is an issue. I am 5'3 220 now. I suffered pts. After caring for my mom and her bf that were dieing of cancer. My pts turned to depression which doesn't help with the weight loss. I am in a pretty good mind frame with my depression no meds and I know how to avoid the triggers that send me down a negative path. Self esteem is a huge challenge for me probably the main factor in my weight problems.i have some relationship issues that I'm trying to work through that also deflate my confidence. For theist part nobody will know these issues caz I keep them to myself but they are the issues that led to my weight. As far as meals I would like to learn to eat within the 1200 calorie goal I set for myself. I'm competitive and a perfectionist. The part about weighing and measuring to figure food out may be a stumbling block for me as I'm not patient... I truly want to succeed and be my own hero. If you think you can be a mentor for me hit me up.
  • cereyababesz
    cereyababesz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Could use all the help & support I could get.

21 Year old Female
    5'8 CW: 170 Pounds

My goal is to drop at least 10 pounds, and tone my body.

Anyone interested?
  • cereyababesz
    cereyababesz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Could use all the help & support I could get.

21 Year old Female
    5'8 CW: 170 Pounds

My goal is to drop at least 10 pounds, and tone my body.

Anyone interested?

Alsooo!!! Just decided to become a vegetarian if anyone has any tips with that.
  • RachLovesFit
    RachLovesFit Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Adopt me please???
  • EvanderBurrell
    EvanderBurrell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What about the skinny guy and the skinny girl who can't seem to make gains?! Although I am new to MFP, I am not new to the art of fitness. I am lending myself as a mentor for those who struggle with GAINING weight. This was my struggle for many years an ectomorph...I learned at 18 years old 145 lbs. the tried and true method. At 19 years old, I could finally see results. Today I've been able to maintain my weight where I want it to be between 185 lbs.-200 lbs. @ 5'9" in height. I use MFP to keep track and understand my Macros. Add me and leave a brief message.
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to be a mentor. Below are my stats.

Height: 5'2"
    Starting Weight: 179
    Current Weight: 128
    Body Fat %: 22.1%
    Goal: Lower BF% to 18-19

I've been chubby through out my life and ballooned during college when I used food as a way to deal with the demands of my engineering program. After a year in the workforce, I decided to make a permanent change in lifestyle. Running and moderation was key. I lost weight in a sustainable way where I was able to eat chocolate cheesecake in moderate amounts.

Starting out as someone who couldn't go a minute without getting out of breath, I'm now a runner who averages 20 - 30 miles a week and am a firm believer in finding balance between wholesome foods and treats. I'd love to help someone else succeed :)

• mkerr3
    mkerr3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie. Was doing weight watchers but it got to easy. I need some discipline. I'm on day one
  • Brokenheartedengelchen
    Options
    Looking for a mentor that fits me and is near Austell, GA. A bit of infor on me.
    Work Graphic design / photography
    I would love to have a mentor. I have had 10 children, I am 37 now :( and suffered with an eating disorder since I was 12. I recently this last yr tragically lost my father and 5 of my children. I suffer with major depression, anxiety, and ptsd-(post traumatic stress disorder). I was put on meds for the first time in my life, and gained 60lbs 0.o I seriously need to take back control over my life, health, and weight. I am very serious about becoming healthier, I smoke and will also be pushing to quit this weekend. please any help is tremendously appreciated, thank you in advance. Shawnna
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Very frustrating having to weed through the noob post trying to find a mentor.
  • yamelybarra
    yamelybarra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late on this train, but does anyone want to adopt me? :3
This discussion has been closed.