2015 Adopt a Noob Official MFP Thread

Options

Replies

• cloroxsniffles
    cloroxsniffles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started MFP and could use some friends to help me get on the right track. :)
  • justme_Ally
    justme_Ally Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hello. My name is Ally, I am 33 and I am struggling with my weight for over 15 years. I tried everything out there but unfortunately, I am my worst enemy and always seem to fail due the lack of self esteem. I can move mountains for the loved ones but when it comes to me, I can't do anything for myself... that's why I need support, I need someone who will guide me and listen to me. I can offer support as well. I am a good listener and always happy to make new friends. Thank you
  • louisew238
    louisew238 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mentor needed please.
    I am 39 currently obese have 2 girls and work full time. I try to gym 3/4 times a week.
    I have pcos too. Need a good kick to keep on track doing this alone is hard, no gym buddy either. If you would like to help i would be grateful....
  • KyleQuinnn
    KyleQuinnn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weight gain mentor needed please :smile:
    I've just started going to the gym this past week because I'm not happy with how I look, I look really underweight, I'm 20 years old 6ft4 and I weigh around 12st4lbs, If anyone could help me with bulking and gaining lean muscle I'd really appreciate it, thank you
  • UrianaZeta
    UrianaZeta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would really like to have a mentor. I am trying really hard, and I am so confused with everything that I need to do or not do. I am 41, weigh over 300pounds, have been sedentary for years untill the last 2 weeks or so, and I amwanting to lose over 100 pounds. I would really prefer a female (no offense, guys) who has already lost about the same amount as I want to lose. Being close to my age is also a plus, since my 41 year old body definitely doesnt act like it's 20 anymore lol. I really need help with most aspects for weight loss and exercise, and could definitely use the support of someone who was in the same boat as me. I have never really done any of it before, I feel lost.
  • dottiestlottiest2015
    dottiestlottiest2015 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a 21 year old female living in Scotland. Student life has got the better of me and I've piled on the pounds. I'm back at the gym and enjoying it, but I suffer from an old, but serious knee injury.
    I'm looking for a mentor who can help me with excersising without my knee getting in the way.

I want to lose 7st in the long run. Trying to do it lb by lb at the moment.
  • sgboutain
    sgboutain Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    26 years old looking for any and all help. Trying to get on the right track, lose weight, cut fat, and gain muscle. Please pm me
  • SierraDupuis94
    SierraDupuis94 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I would like a mentor! Ive been struggling to stay motivated for years now and its to the point that im worrying my whole family, friends and boyfriend. I want to do this for me and get healthier!!
  • luke13285
    luke13285 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hi im new member im looking for some help if anyone has the time.

My stats and goals.
    im 30 very active was super skinny like 8st 6lb started working out to gain mass and muscle done really well for 6 weeks got upto 9st 10lb but slowed down alot now.
    goals really good definition of overall body muscle and a good weight around 12-13st
  • andresfelipe53
    andresfelipe53 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I need friends lol ppl add me on here :)
  • GabriellaGrau
    GabriellaGrau Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are there any mentors who are still willing to take on a noob?

I'm 18 years old and I weigh 135 pounds (heaviest I've ever been). I've always been really active, seeing as I was on a dance team in highschool. After college started, however, I put on a lot of weight because of the food available to me and my lack of commitment to the gym. I recently started Kayla Itsine's workout guides (basically HIIT style).
  • ShannonA0314
    ShannonA0314 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How do I find someone to mentor me since I am a "noob" ?
  • emfreshstart
    emfreshstart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    *Up for adoption!!*

21 year old female, PCOS sufferer, start weight 15st (210lbs). Very unfit, I find exercise difficult but willing to do more of it. Slight chocolate addiction and binge eating issues at emotional times. Looking for someone who can motivate, encourage me, hold me accountable and help me to do more exercise.

Thank you anyone who wants to help x
  • Jpat0
    Jpat0 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow this is such a great idea! I'd gladly be a mentor.

My name is Jahnavi and I'm 23 years old. I have tried to lose weight for as long as I can remember. I have been through the phases of making excuses for myself but have changed a lot since then. I'm trying to be more positive now.

I am 5'3'' at 155 lbs. I started at 178 lbs and have a goal weight of 120, which I'm planning to reach by this summer or just after summer. I've overcome years of depression and am a lot stronger now mentally. It comes back time to time but I just fight it off. I have also struggled with emotional eating in the past, which also loves to creep up on me on occasion. I have no other choice but to fight it and live in moderation.

I believe moderation is key to any diet. I don't believe in quick fad diets. The weight gain wasn't quick, the weight loss won't be either. As for exercise, I am very much into yoga, dancing/zumba, kick boxing and strength training at the gym. I do yoga every morning and go the gym classes in the evening. It's taken me a long time to learn about nutrition, exercise and weight loss. Through my research, I have also found cheap ways of losing weight when I was a broke student lol.

I'm willing to share knowledge with 5 individuals who wants to make a positive change in their life. It will be on first come first basis. Please PM me with your background information and your reasons for wanting to lose weight. The reason is the most important thing, whatever it may be because it is what helps you keep going when you want to give up.

My reason: Going on hikes/climbs around the world. I need to be in optimum shape to do so.
  • luke13285
    luke13285 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi again :)
    Im a noob but looking to gain weight not lose. Exercising hard and eating a good diet, little extra motivation would be awesome. Feel free to add me

luke.
  • keb0119
    keb0119 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm very late to this, but I'm hoping that I can find a mentor. I'm 23, married, and I work a desk job. Ironically, I work in the corporate office for a fitness company! I also have a free membership to their gym.

The issue for me is my recovery. I was diagnosed with anorexia and hospitalized for the first time in December 2011, and was in and out of the hospital four times up to September 2013. I'm coming up on two years out of the hospital in August.

My metabolism has gone insane as a result, and I'm having a really hard time with the amount of weight I put on, which actually puts me in the overweight range. I want to get back to a healthy weight, but I would love a mentor to go to with questions or concerns. (Just to be clear, not looking for a therapist - I have one of those!)

Thank you for reading! :)
  • ObiWanJacoby_
    ObiWanJacoby_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm up for mentoring someone!!

I'm 26, turning 27 this July (what up cancers!!!??). I started my weight loss Journey about 3 years ago when I reached my highest weight of 290lbs! The moment I stepped off that scale I began dieting. I lost a good amount of weight, so I took a break. Started dieting again and lost even more. I downloaded MFP in September of 2015 when I weighed 238, but didn't really use it to track. It wasn't until January, that I began living by MFP. I started off at 225 and (as of my writing this) have dropped to 188.

Im the kind of person that when I have my mind set on something, there's practically no stopping me. I learn everything I can about a subject I'm interested in, and then implement it. That's exactly what I've done with this transformation. Of course I was unhappy with how I looked, *kitten* I was depressed about it. Just like you might or might not be. The only difference about us, is that we're doing something about it.

I want to mentor an individual that has a mindset just like me. One that knows what they want, and will get the job done to achieve it. I will help you set realistic goals, create a plan to bring those goals to fruition, and motivate you along the way.

I can help you lose weight, gain muscle, or maintain Your current weight. If you're interested, shoot me a friend request and a pm with your goals and information about yourself!

Look forward to helping!!!
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! Looking forward to making new friends myself. I've had some success & some failure but MFP has been a positive experience all the way around. Feel free to add me to your friends list if you want me on the team :) #notajediyet #lovethementoridea #lovemfp
  • kristinsnm
    kristinsnm Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! Having a mentor would really motivate and ensure accountability, not to mention feeling like you have a friend in this whole intense journey. I am 32 years old and have over 150lbs to lose, any support I could get would mean a lot to me :) I don't see a list of available mentors to browse through, so if any mentors see this message, and think that they would be a good match for me, please contact me and let me know :)
  • KiraLinn
    KiraLinn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a Mentor to help me with my weight loss and fitness goals.
    I am a first time mom looking to lose the baby weight I happily put on but now regret. I lost 35lbs before I got pregnant by cutting out all soda and only eating when hungry and stopping when I was full. I know that sounds so easy but I didnt know it would work like that. How ever I did not eat healthy and never worked out. I am looking for a nutritious and healthy way to lose weight and some guidance on fitness.
This discussion has been closed.