Eating at Taco Bell, what would you order ?

Options

Replies

• UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    There's no before and after lolz, there's ALWAYS a crunchwrap supreme! 540 calories
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Then: Chicken quesadilla combo OR 1 chicken burrito, 1 bean burrito and 1 taco. Or any combination of those.

Now: 1 chicken burrito or 2 tacos.

I'm kinda a taco bell lover...so I try to avoid it, so I don't go overboard
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    There's no before and after lolz, there's ALWAYS a crunchwrap supreme! 540 calories

Amen, sister!
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Cheesy Gordita Crunch add sour cream... forever and alwaysssss It's SO DELICIOUS. There's something like 550-600 calories in it. I don't remember. That's what MFP is for :)

The "meat" in Taco Bell tacos is only about 35% actual meat, but I don't care. We could talk in circles all freaking day about additives in foods. Unless it's grown out of the ground and eaten, there's an argument to be had. My Taco Bell isn't any better or worse than your "healthy" Lean Cuisines or Special K protein bars. There are additives in all of it, just different kinds. Do a search sometime for "what's really in... [this food]" and prepare to be amazed.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Dont eat fast food...

I make my own taco salads with no shells or have a low carb tortilla with lean ground beef + bell peppers + feta cheese + spices...

Learn to cook...

Says the guy who puts FETA on his tacos????

So, so wrong. Every Mexican who ever lived is turning in their graves right now. Even fake Mex like Taco Bell wouldn't offend them as much as feta.

LMAO! Taco Bell is to Mexicans as Olive Garden is to Italians.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    If I'm Feeling Hungry (3830 Calories)
    Taco Party Pack (12 Crunchy Beef Tacos) (2040)
    Chicken Quesadilla (520)
    Chicken Burrito (420)
    Crunch Wrap Supreme (540)
    Caramel Apple Empanada (310)
    36 packets of Mild sauce

Going Lite (2110 Calories)
    6 Fresco Beef Tacos (840)
    Mexican Pizza (540)
    Chicken Cantina Bowl (560)
    Cinnamon Twists (170)
    12 packets of Mild Sauce

Definitely up the cardio and skip a meal if I'll be eating at TB.
    Oh lord my country really needs a taco bell
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    :explode: :explode: :explode: :noway:
    TOXIC HELL
    :explode: :explode: :explode: :noway:
  • flannery2012
    flannery2012 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    After the employee posted his photo licking the stack of shells you couldn't pay me enough to eat there (even if it were healthy)!
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If you "budget" for it, whatever you want...

This.

My favorite used to be the taco salad (with shell!).Although I'd try to skip the beans because even "before" that was a lot of food for me.

Nowadays I vary it up and keep it under 500 cals. The latest trend seems to be the chicken burrito fresco style and a cool ranch taco.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You really can eat wherever you like, you just have to be aware of what you are eating.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    After the employee posted his photo licking the stack of shells you couldn't pay me enough to eat there (even if it were healthy)!

Cause employees at locally owned places never ever do anything untoward.
  • poe510
    poe510 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Did the OPsay they didn't know how to cook?
  • girlvsplanet
    girlvsplanet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know it's not healthy, but I still like eating there sometimes when I budget my calories for it. I usually get the #8 combo meal and get crunchy beef tacos, which comes out to around 520 calories, I think. Or I get a cheesy potato burrito with no sour cream (I don't really like sour cream) which is about the same, I think - maybe 540 calories.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    We eat at Taco Bell maybe once every two or three months? It is in a very inconvenient section of a town I visit twice a month. I'd prolly eat there more often if I lived closer! And yeah, I can cook, I make our own soft tacos and enchiladas at home, but hell, sometimes I just want food I didn't have to do all the danged prep work on. The point of fast food, amirite?

So, I used to get a Quesadillia, with Dr Pepper. I'd give the extra soft taco to my hubby, who eats 3000 cals and still loses weight.

Now, I get the Al Fresco Spicy Chicken Soft Tacos times two, and a small 1/2 Lemonade 1/2 sierra mist or whatever they have for lemon-lime. Altho the last time I went, I couldn't find any al fresco on their board and ended up with a chicken soft taco. I take out the sour cream and cheese anyways, 'cause its hard on my stomach.

For all the nambies whining about how Taco Bell ground beef isn't really beef, yeah, it is. It's ground beef, taco seasoning mix, and a binder to help it stay together better. Basically commercial version of the schmutz you have after making taco meat at home with an Ortega or El Paso taco mix.

I appreciated the chance to read all the folks who cannot bear to pollute themselves with the fare of Taco Bell. Reassures me the lines will be shorter next time I go.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat there anymore. Gluten free now. But I do love the Doritos tacos and Nachos, no bean though.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Then: Crunchwrap supreme meal, so it comes with a taco and a large soda.

Now: Crunchwrap supreme (not the meal) and bring my own water.

I sub beans for the beef (actually adds more carbs but I am pescetarian).
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    No we won't tell you it's ok to eat Taco Bell.
    Ha Ha, I still eat taco bell and I still eat the same things I did before. Just in smaller qty's and I'm working out almost daily now. I'm not going to cut out something completely or this "lifestyle change" will fail and I'll never succeed at losing the weight for good.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Before, cheesy gordita crunch (or 2), 5 layer burritos, nachos bell grande....now nothing I can't stomach Taco Bell :(
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I don't eat Taco Bell that's why I lose weight ;)

OK, not entirely but I don't eat fast food AT ALL because it isn't food it's entertainment.
  • blueeyez1727
    blueeyez1727 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    LOL I was EXACTLY the same with the Bueno Burrito. I figured it wouldn't be that bad (I mean the ones I make at home aren't too bad) but WOW I wish I had looked at the facts sooner! Admittedly, I still get cravings for them. They must add drugs ;)
    Before:

Beef Chalupa with no sour cream - 370 cals
    Crunchy Beef Taco - 170 cals (maybe 2)
    Total: 540
    or

Mexican Pizza - 540 cals
    Crunch Beef Taco - 170 cals
    Total: 710 cals!!!

Now:

2 soft chicken tacos - Total 340

I use to go to Taco Bueno because I liked their bean burritos. I would order a bean and cheese burito and a beef taco and thought that I was doing good. One day I looked up the calorie count and the freaking burrito is 604 calories!!!!! For ONE DANG BURRITO!!