Thinking of "starting today"? You might want to check this out - pics inside!

Options

Replies

• fatdaduk
    fatdaduk Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow - amazing and inspirational. Funny you post a pic at the funfair. One of the most embarrassing things about my weight was when I went on rides with my young and son and making a fool of myself trying to squeeze myself into the rides (another reason to lose my weight).
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    fatdaduk wrote: »
    Wow - amazing and inspirational. Funny you post a pic at the funfair. One of the most embarrassing things about my weight was when I went on rides with my young and son and making a fool of myself trying to squeeze myself into the rides (another reason to lose my weight).

Thanks. And I'll be honest, seeing that picture was a turning point for me. It still took a while to get going physically and mentally, but seeing that pic (I found it in a bunch of unedited images in my Lightroom files) had a big impact on me. Ironically, we spent last week at Disney World. The difference between last week and when that other image was taken was dramatic.

• wendybird69
    wendybird69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done you! You look amazing.
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Well done you! You look amazing.

Thanks! I probably need to post a new pic as a lot of these are now almost 10 months old. Yikes! :-)

• fatdaduk
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    Thanks - I got so much inspiration from this site over the past year, I wanted to pay some back.
    Off to do my first 5k today. Crazy..... ;)

A 5k is one of my goals lol. Just got to be able to put my running shoes on without passing out first.
  • ewhip17
    Options
    fatdaduk wrote: »
    Thanks - I got so much inspiration from this site over the past year, I wanted to pay some back.
    Off to do my first 5k today. Crazy..... ;)

A 5k is one of my goals lol. Just got to be able to put my running shoes on without passing out first.

Haha seriously - I could barely tie my own shoes.

• stevepaul0404
    stevepaul0404 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great. I had the same aha moment from a picture a couple of months ago after my son's university graduation and I started the next day.

• Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today

You Sir, will be inspiring many others today. You look fantastic, all that hard work paid off!!

This! Great job!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! You are very inspiring!!!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal transformation. Congratulations!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you look terrific
  • ewhip17
    Options
    thanks everyone - work in progress.... ;-)
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wow...you look great!!!! younger. Great work
  • gooz71
    gooz71 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I cried myself to sleep last night feeling so overwhelmed with the amount I have to lose. For whatever reason I looked at the community option in MFP for the first time ever and saw your story. You have given me hope I'm starting today!
  • ewhip17
    Options
    gooz71 wrote: »
    I cried myself to sleep last night feeling so overwhelmed with the amount I have to lose. For whatever reason I looked at the community option in MFP for the first time ever and saw your story. You have given me hope I'm starting today!

I hear you. Just focus on losing 1lb. Then do it again. Then do it again.... get some momentum and you'll be on your way!
  • fatdaduk
    Options
    I hear you. Just focus on losing 1lb. Then do it again. Then do it again.... get some momentum and you'll be on your way!

Top tip right there, doesn't have to be any more complex than that! :smiley:

• Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • Jessalane0607
    Jessalane0607 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thank you so much for sharing your story, and everything you've achieved. It's amazing; you're amazing!
  • Dex_
    Dex_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Fantastic work!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    gooz71 wrote: »

Great advice!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!