Thinking of "starting today"? You might want to check this out - pics inside!

Options

Replies

• 1_meatball
    1_meatball Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Brilliant Inspiration. I need to not focus on the big challenge ahead but break it down. My goal is to weigh less next week than this week. You prove it can be done.

Have a great 2015.
    Superb quote and it is as simple as that
    Well done feller
    Very impressive
  • tandabuss
    tandabuss Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • IamMicah
    IamMicah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    very much an inspiration.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    just what I needed today - thanks and well done - you look great!
  • ewhip17
    edited March 2015
    Options
    just what I needed today - thanks and well done - you look great!

Yeah this forum (Success Stories) in particular was the one that kept me going some days. Not as much noise in here - just positive people with great stories to tell. Good luck - just don't quit..... and thanks!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    well said, and well done! :)
  • nniles01
    nniles01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, you are an inspiration to me! I like to read the success stories for inspiration and yours really touched a cord with me. I'm now in the same boat that you started in. At my last Dr. visit in January I found myself over 300lbs and now type 2 diabetic. I have been athletic most of my life and the realization of how far I've let myself go hit home at that point. I've used MFP before and lost so I'm back again to stay. I started back at the end of January and now in March I'm down 17lbs at 292lbs. Still a long way to go to get to my goal weight of 180lbs. I don't usually comment but like I said your post hit home with me and I appreciate you sharing with us. Thanks Again.
  • ewhip17
    Options
    nniles01 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing your story, you are an inspiration to me! I like to read the success stories for inspiration and yours really touched a cord with me. I'm now in the same boat that you started in. At my last Dr. visit in January I found myself over 300lbs and now type 2 diabetic. I have been athletic most of my life and the realization of how far I've let myself go hit home at that point. I've used MFP before and lost so I'm back again to stay. I started back at the end of January and now in March I'm down 17lbs at 292lbs. Still a long way to go to get to my goal weight of 180lbs. I don't usually comment but like I said your post hit home with me and I appreciate you sharing with us. Thanks Again.

Nice job! I had a real moment of clarity at a Dr. visit as well. It was, in a lot of ways, the first real step in the long walk to where I am now. But it's worth it. Just keep going.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing! What a great example you have set for your children. Well done!'
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to have come across your story, my friend :D You are indeed a true inspiration to us all (*) Thank you so much for sharing both your story and your pictures because as you know we all do need to hear of the successes made before us so that we may allow ourselves to BELIEVE that this is a totally reachable goal and dream come true for all of us!!
  • lawanafdyer
    lawanafdyer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your story; it is very inspiring.
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today

You Sir, will be inspiring many others today. You look fantastic, all that hard work paid off!!

Yep. This hit me! Thanks for sharing
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Couple of updated pics:

Here's a happy guy.... 2010 I think.
    5eibstvz26uh.jpg

Today with my daughter.
    yd3v91c074z8.jpg
  • freesha63
    freesha63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im glad I came across your story, so inspiring. I had a great day of healthy eating and a good amount of exercise. Then struggled tonight. I just dont' want it to be another "oh well" moment and slip backwards. Great job on getting healthy. I won't give up.
  • ewhip17
    Options
    freesha63 wrote: »
    Im glad I came across your story, so inspiring. I had a great day of healthy eating and a good amount of exercise. Then struggled tonight. I just dont' want it to be another "oh well" moment and slip backwards. Great job on getting healthy. I won't give up.

Keep at it! Sometimes, even if I didn't have a great day, not giving in totally to that "oh well" moment gave me a big boost for the next day.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great but more importantly you must feel great. Love your advice to start today. Time goes by so quickly, I have started and already feel better. I've got this!! Thank you for sharing your story and pics as they give much inspiration.
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Wow, you look great but more importantly you must feel great. Love your advice to start today. Time goes by so quickly, I have started and already feel better. I've got this!! Thank you for sharing your story and pics as they give much inspiration.

Thanks so much. I do feel so much better. And yep - the time will go buy whether you like it or not, so you might as well do something with it right? :smile:
  • kristenprainone
    kristenprainone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing and the inspiration!!! My I'll start tomorrow days are officially over!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!