Thinking of "starting today"? You might want to check this out - pics inside!

Options

Replies

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    gooz71 wrote: »
    I cried myself to sleep last night feeling so overwhelmed with the amount I have to lose. For whatever reason I looked at the community option in MFP for the first time ever and saw your story. You have given me hope I'm starting today!

I hear you. Just focus on losing 1lb. Then do it again. Then do it again.... get some momentum and you'll be on your way!

Great advice!

Thanks - you'd be surprised at how often this kept me sane!

• ewhip17
    Options
    I'm feeling a bit vain for posting this pic and reviving this thread, but the thing is, I got a lot of inspiration from these "success stories" along the way. So if it helps anyone at all I guess it's ok, right? ;-)

4df6tay6q6sy.jpg

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Absolutely right!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @ewhip17 ... VERY inspiring!! I have made great progress with the help of MFP, but lately I have been stalled. This is a great source of RE-inspiration for me! And I hope many people will see this re-posting today. Thank you for bumping it up, and kudos to you!! cup-006.gif
  • Val8less
    Val8less Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    One more "progression" pic that I forgot to post...

zy5ucmal9edn.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing...Your weight loss looks so natural....and awesome!
  • winn9524
    winn9524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a huge change. Gives me great motivation. Thanks for sharing
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I realized the other day that I've actually lost 50% of my starting weight. It's not really about the scale anymore so I didn't notice at first. Half the man I used to be... haha.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I just want to ask when did people start not recognizing you :smiley:
    Thanks for sharing
  • ewhip17
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    I just want to ask when did people start not recognizing you :smiley:
    Thanks for sharing

Haha you know that happened a lot. I started just introducing myself again to people who hadn't seen me in a while.
  • mommyto3boys07
    mommyto3boys07 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your huge loss and thanks for the inspiration!
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this and for updating it too.

I've started and stalled so many times that I almost feel resigned to being this size and weight. I accept that it is 100% my fault and failing, but the older I get, the more important for my health I think it is becoming.
    So, this time IS the time that I stick with it and change my attitudes to food and exercise.

thanks ewhip.
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Pete1964AK wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this and for updating it too.

I've started and stalled so many times that I almost feel resigned to being this size and weight. I accept that it is 100% my fault and failing, but the older I get, the more important for my health I think it is becoming.
    So, this time IS the time that I stick with it and change my attitudes to food and exercise.

thanks ewhip.

I felt that exact same way for easily a year or more. I think I was just kind of defeated mentally and started to think that I was just meant to be obese and there was nothing I could do about it. Part of that came from what I saw as failures in the past in my attempts to lose weight. What I realized is that I had to find a way to take some of the pressure off of myself so I didn't get frustrated and quit. Ultimately I decided to just do the best I could, no matter what that looked like, aim for losing a pound or two a week, and not quitting if that didn't happen. Sustainability, habit forming and a mindset that didn't set me up for constant disappointment was the key.
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Well done!
  • Th1rtySecs2Mars
    Th1rtySecs2Mars Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Incredible!!! Congratulations to you and your family. You look amazing.. So inspiring, exactly when I needed it..
    Thank you for putting yourself out there.
  • ewhip17
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • ritalvsfer
    ritalvsfer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    One pound at a time! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • TacoTina
    TacoTina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great job you look fantastic keep up the good work
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Great work. :) Congratulations.
  • ashleynye8914
    ashleynye8914 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow such an inspiration! I started yesterday...I went over my goal but started today fresh and j will continue to do so every day and not stop just bc I went over my calorie goal! I'm keeping my goals reasonable and will adjust as I reach them. Thanks for sharing!
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Your are simply inspirational. You look amazing. Congratulations! Thank you for sharing, I love these success stories and we need them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!