January 2015 - No Alcohol Challenge!

Options

Replies

• JohnH71
    JohnH71 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It was difficult driving past the pub on the way home from the gym tonight, but I managed not to pop in. I'm determined to last until Friday 6th.

But I could really murder a pint of real ale right now! :blush:
  • Mike51698mfp
    Mike51698mfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are u still doing this? Would be interested for Feb.?
  • suwala2t
    suwala2t Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am doing this from mid Feb - Easter, that is giving it up for lent. :)
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Tonight I decided to have some wine. It's over now as far as I'm concerned, and I am glad that I did it.

I wondered if anyone wants to aim for just weekends or a target off maybe 10 units a week (though 6 might be plenty per week?). Any
    comments?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I am up for February! Day 3 for me.
  • camerondporter
    camerondporter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Man i started this exact same challenge on jan 2 . Ive been drinking only water. Feb will be my month so i plan to have a sober superbowl. It got easy after 2 weeks. I think ill finish the rest of my liquor from new years eve on 12:01 feb 2 for a celebration.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Almost done with my second Sobuary.... Not really all that interested in drinking, but its kind of hard to have any social life without alcohol involved to some degree. We'll see how things go from here...
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Day 31: Last night was SO hard....Fridays are a killer, eh? But made it through and today is the last day of the January Challenge. Hurray!!! Well done to everyone who has done the whole month! Good Luck to those who are in the middle or at the start of their own month off the booze. Believe me - if I can do a month off, everyone can!!!!

My hubby & I are keeping going with the no booze until Valentines Day. I'll be doing a weigh in & measurements tomorrow so I'll post on here with the official stats!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I am going with you to Valentines day at least. Last night was hard. I worked late and would love to have had a glass of wine but knowing I was going to report it here after reading all your successes in this forum so stuck to it. And was rewarded with my lowest weight since I started losing. And I had gotten stuck so was thrilled. Day 4 today.
  • MrsJuli4B
    MrsJuli4B Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to a glass of red wine tomorrow evening, first one since New Years Eve. I have bought quite a pricey bottle to savour. I can see hubby and me changing our habits in the future.
    I have lost half a stone in January, so a great jump start to my weight loss, which has stalled over the past year.
    I have actually found it surprising easy, I have drunk a lot of sparkling water instead, and not had all the snacks that tend to go with the drinking.
    Well done to everyone else who has succeeded, or even just made a conscious effort to cut back.
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! So here's my result from 'no booze January'....I lost 13.5lbs!!!! Very Happy indeed. Also lost 5.5" off my belly. So, that month without the grog really helped shift the fat from where it loves to pile on!

Well done everyone who has done their month off and good luck to those of you who are in the middle or at the start of a booze free month. It can be done....and it's SO worth it.

I'm staying booze free until Valentines Day but I'm signing off this thread now.

So....bye!!!
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Well weigh loss was my original motivation but I also want proof I can do it. I did a diet a few years ago that excluded alcohol for a few months but haven't tried not to drink since and the frequency and amount of my alcohol has increased as well. So in addition to the weight loss it will good to do a check in on the role of wine in my life. :)

This is me!!!! I cut out my beloved wine 3 yrs ago and lost 20 lbs. I maintained for over a year and then started to drink. One glass led to two and you know the rest. The weight it back on.

Let's start a February no alcohol!!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Well weigh loss was my original motivation but I also want proof I can do it. I did a diet a few years ago that excluded alcohol for a few months but haven't tried not to drink since and the frequency and amount of my alcohol has increased as well. So in addition to the weight loss it will good to do a check in on the role of wine in my life. :)

This is me!!!! I cut out my beloved wine 3 yrs ago and lost 20 lbs. I maintained for over a year and then started to drink. One glass led to two and you know the rest. The weight it back on.

Let's start a February no alcohol!!!!

I am in and on day 5 already! Do we want to keep going on this one or start fresh?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Good Morning! So here's my result from 'no booze January'....I lost 13.5lbs!!!! Very Happy indeed. Also lost 5.5" off my belly. So, that month without the grog really helped shift the fat from where it loves to pile on!

Well done everyone who has done their month off and good luck to those of you who are in the middle or at the start of a booze free month. It can be done....and it's SO worth it.

I'm staying booze free until Valentines Day but I'm signing off this thread now.

So....bye!!!

Congratulations! Great job.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    joeporta wrote: »
    But think about it - you lose twice as much weight when you remain dry - FACT!

Yeah no. :huh:
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    So yesterday marked the end of 2 Challenges I had set myself for in Jan
    1) No Alcohol Jan
    2) 30 Day Plank
    Did I say I "did" it?
    The "Dry Jan" was decided just for Ha-Ha's nothing particular in mind. Did I miss my wine? On weekends - SURE!!! Will I continue? I don't know. Definitely not following "Dry Feb" on Super Bowl Day.
    Tomorrow morning may decide what happens in Feb. B)
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    So after 31 days I had 2 glasses of wine through out this Challenge. .perfect. ..nope..worth it...definitely. .on for February?? Yes...but after the 1st. . Super Bowl Sunday is what I have been looking forward to..
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok since lots of folks wanted Super Bowl day off I'll assume we start today? For those that are in? February is a short month so you only need to make 27 days!
  • CathieCats61
    CathieCats61 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm not drinking if anyone needs help to not drink add me
  • PrincessWilliam
    Options
    I managed January no problem. It helps that I have no social life :-). Roll on a booze-free February