Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Replies

• andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Oh Noes!!

We'll since I have my phone, here's today's bento :tongue: It's my go to, I don't have time, easy bento, pork & mushroom dumplings, edamame and rice mix. I made a snack bento too, but there's nothing exciting to take a picture of there. Except, I did get panda cookies for 81 cents on clearance. So, there's that...
    0mfgv4ruhu2i.jpg

LOL those panda cookies are so adorable. My "surrogate mum" (a very good friend that looks after me) calls me Panda - she gave me this plate that I keep and treasure. I eat EVERYTHING on it. (Those were the xmas gifts she gave me)

em5w5ps9j3e4.png

But I try to avoid them cookies...sugar! I try to avoid sugar in general XD
    Speaking of forgetting, I forgot to put my protein in the fridge...so it's tuna for me tonight -.-

Tomorrow will be chicken with a nice marinade and veggies.
    I wish I had bought some beans AND I wish I could find canned black beans. I'm not a huge fan of kidney.

xmas.PNG 960.1K
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    I forgot to post my bento yesterday......and today, I ... I .... I LEFT MY PHONE AT HOME!!!

latest?cb=20130813053359

Oh no! Don't cry Usagi-chan!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    andyluvv wrote: »
    Oh Noes!!

We'll since I have my phone, here's today's bento :tongue: It's my go to, I don't have time, easy bento, pork & mushroom dumplings, edamame and rice mix. I made a snack bento too, but there's nothing exciting to take a picture of there. Except, I did get panda cookies for 81 cents on clearance. So, there's that...
    0mfgv4ruhu2i.jpg

LOL those panda cookies are so adorable. My "surrogate mum" (a very good friend that looks after me) calls me Panda - she gave me this plate that I keep and treasure. I eat EVERYTHING on it. (Those were the xmas gifts she gave me)

em5w5ps9j3e4.png

But I try to avoid them cookies...sugar! I try to avoid sugar in general XD
    Speaking of forgetting, I forgot to put my protein in the fridge...so it's tuna for me tonight -.-

Tomorrow will be chicken with a nice marinade and veggies.
    I wish I had bought some beans AND I wish I could find canned black beans. I'm not a huge fan of kidney.

She sounds awesome and that panda plate is adorable! I too am a bigger fan of black beans over kidney, but I have no problem finding them canned. It's a bigger problem finding the no or low sodium ones. I don't think I'm up for soaking and cooking dried beans.
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    I had fun making my daughter's Bento lunch last night. We'll see how she likes it. Her teacher will heat up their lunches, so I often send things like beans and rice and soup because she eats it well. I wish I'd taken a pic, but I chickened out because your stuff looks so awesome!

Right now I'm just using some sistema boxes and some ill-fitting silicone tart cups. Is there a store (in the US) where I can find the smaller cookie-cutters and smaller silicone cups?

Thanks!
  • SpecialKitty7
    edited September 2015
    janiep81 wrote: »
    I had fun making my daughter's Bento lunch last night. We'll see how she likes it. Her teacher will heat up their lunches, so I often send things like beans and rice and soup because she eats it well. I wish I'd taken a pic, but I chickened out because your stuff looks so awesome!

Right now I'm just using some sistema boxes and some ill-fitting silicone tart cups. Is there a store (in the US) where I can find the smaller cookie-cutters and smaller silicone cups?

Thanks!

I got most of my cutters and cups from Amazon. Cutters , round cups , rectangle cups and itty bitty cups

I've also seen stuff at Meijer if you have those near you.

• refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    I have a few small plastic containers to take my different foods in. Nothing like these though! I can't eat anything with a face on it for some reason but the different food ideas look very interesting, rather than your usual 'lunchtime' foods.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    I bought some of my cookie cutter and silicone cups at a bakery supply shop.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    edited September 2015
    If you want to grab cutters in the store, look for candy cutters instead of cookie cutters. They're smaller. You'll find them in the specialty baking section of WalMart, Michaels, etc.

Edit: I don't know if they're actually called "candy cutters," but I always find them in the candy-making section.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    I remembered my phone today!! ^////^ Monday's bento was left-over stuffing from stuffed bell peppers (rice, ground turkey, zucchini, squash, carrots, mushrooms) and a salad, for which I stole a little bit of someone else's dressing from the fridge at work. (Don't leave an entire bottle of salad dressing for an indefinite amount of time in the break room fridge if you don't want it to be communal.)
    t85gia3x692k.jpg
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    I didn't even get to eat my Tuesday bento. Went home from work sick and forgot to take it home with me *sniff*
    janiep81 wrote: »

Thanks!

I agree with going to a candy making section of a store if you want the smaller food cutters. A lot of the places where you buy stuff for novelty cake decoration has the smaller cutters in all different shapes. With the exception of 2, all of my silicone cups are normal baking cups for mini and regular size cupcakes, so they're nothing special. Amazon, allthingsforsale and the daiso online store all have the cutters and cups relatively cheap as well.
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Everyones bentos are looking great! I havent had a bento in ages! Been so busy and stressed with work I haven't had time or energy to prepare anything. Hopefully bentos to come in the next few weeks :smiley:
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    edited September 2015
    All of my cutters are for cake decorating, mostly for making fondant flowers and such (even the heart shapes are for making flowers). I want to learn to decorate cakes but it's hard to find time, space and reasons to give away cake cause I can't eat cake all of the time. So the fun, almost a side hobby came in handy when it came to adding cute things to lunches.

I brought my penguin one to work today. More of a snacky type one. Regular almonds, habanero bbq almonds, green tea kitkat, some kiwi gummies, less than half of a red bean parantha and a bit of avocado leftover from lunch. The almonds and avocado tasted good together, actually. Under 500 calories, roughly.

mspbq1m53ja7.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    edited September 2015
    No bento for this sad panda today (although I feel like I'm morphing into loser panda) but the two eggs I had for breakfast were a fishie and a bear with no ears, so I had my cutsie smile moment for the day.
  • DawnEmbers
    This is proof of why it's good to prepare ahead of time. I went shopping but haven't actually made food, and I'm not a big fan of uncooked veggies. So, today was random processed food day. Higher calorie but I also jogged 4.5 miles this morning and the largest calorie item was protein related. Protein bar, green tea kitkat, kiwi gummies, spicy seaweed rice cracker (it was nummy) and a banana. About 700 though I'm always off on the kitkat calories plus this time I packed 2 but still only ate one as I shared with coworker.

a4afed4ur1sd.jpg
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    kyaaaaaah! Thinkgeek have an R2D2 bento box for sale! Just shut up and take my monies!

huil_r2-d2_bento_box_inuse.jpg
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    kyaaaaaah! Thinkgeek have an R2D2 bento box for sale! Just shut up and take my monies!

huil_r2-d2_bento_box_inuse.jpg

Hahaha that's awesome!!!
  • DawnEmbers
    Bit of a healthier one today. Had long beans cooked with some garlic, chicken thigh with sriracha, an avocado and some spicy sriracha peas. Under 500 calories and I like the long green beans, even when cut they were still pretty long.

ow42sokjnotp.jpg
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Love the R2D2 bento!!! I prepared mine for tomorrow - Bakwa, Brie, Avocado, Red Onion, Honey Cherry Tomatoes on Spicy Sauced Broccoli Pizza Crust with strawberries & dates for dessert.

36simyva4ylj.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    nixology wrote: »
    Love the R2D2 bento!!! I prepared mine for tomorrow - Bakwa, Brie, Avocado, Red Onion, Honey Cherry Tomatoes on Spicy Sauced Broccoli Pizza Crust with strawberries & dates for dessert.

36simyva4ylj.jpg

Broccoli pizza crust? What is that, sounds...interesting?
  • DawnEmbers
    Today's lunch is just chicken with sriracha, some long green beans and cooked purple cabbage. But instead of a picture of that, I have a picture of bento stuff my stepsister sent me because she saw a post I put up about a list of things I want in the near future. Nice birthday present. Bento book, chopsticks and little bento cups for sauces.

2ioddxflc6za.jpg