Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Replies

• nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    nixology wrote: »
    Love the R2D2 bento!!! I prepared mine for tomorrow - Bakwa, Brie, Avocado, Red Onion, Honey Cherry Tomatoes on Spicy Sauced Broccoli Pizza Crust with strawberries & dates for dessert.

Broccoli pizza crust? What is that, sounds...interesting?

It was inspired by another member's post about cauliflower pizza crust. I used broccoli instead. It's gluten free and quite easy to make. Yummy but still not exactly like pizza crust - lacks the chewy texture. I used broccoli, mozzarella cheese, eggs & ground almonds as well as some Italian mixed herbs & S&P.

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Lunch for a shorter shift, so mostly snack stuff. Long green beans, egg (I tried to make the layered one but the newer cooking spray is terrible so scrambled it is), heart made with sriracha, spicy seaweed rice cakes, sriracha peas, plus kiwi and mango gummies.

w0yc0yvo69w5.jpg
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 902 Member
    Because of your penguin bento, I finally sprung and bought the Kotobuki Geisha Doll one for myself. xD I'd had my eye on it forever [and it suddenly had a huge drop in price].
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    aussie_girl_del_runner_5 Posts: 303 Member
    edited September 2015
    My bento for today

Turkey mince with ground cumin and corriander seeds, rice, strawberries & ricotta. Baby carrots and Hello Panda chocolate snacks + a half eaten yogurt (without boysenberries because I ran out :frowning: ) because I forgot to take a photo oops.

nrxgmo484ge4.jpg
  • Oh oh, someone went to Daiso a few weeks back and forgot to post all her goodies.

Loving my new chopsticks, food picks and smaller silicon cupcake molds (had the larger ones before). Have yet to use my onigiri boxes. No idea what to put inside them but will go back through this thread to get some ideas.

8ooqdhxmvjse.jpg
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Finally back to bentos, albeit simple ones since my energy levels are still at the 'dilligaf' levels.

Leftover Jamie Oliver beef & chorizo meatballs and a salad from Sunday night.
    pft0gpydi6p3.jpg
  • mangrothian
    Oh oh, someone went to Daiso a few weeks back and forgot to post all her goodies.

Loving my new chopsticks, food picks and smaller silicon cupcake molds (had the larger ones before). Have yet to use my onigiri boxes. No idea what to put inside them but will go back through this thread to get some ideas.

8ooqdhxmvjse.jpg

How about putting onigiri in your onigiri boxes? :P
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    Because of your penguin bento, I finally sprung and bought the Kotobuki Geisha Doll one for myself. xD I'd had my eye on it forever [and it suddenly had a huge drop in price].
    I've had my eye on that one, too. ^^

• PixelPuff
    bunnyxhime wrote: »
    It went down to around $13, and I already had other stuff in my cart to make it to the limit for free shipping. :'D
  • moribunny
    bunnyxhime wrote: »
    It went down to around $13, and I already had other stuff in my cart to make it to the limit for free shipping. :'D
    hehehe epic, I do that, too! I know a lot of people pay for prime, but I don't wanna >__<;
  • Oh oh, someone went to Daiso a few weeks back and forgot to post all her goodies.

8ooqdhxmvjse.jpg

LOL, you crack me up. I meant I don't know what to put in the onigiri as a filling.
  • moribunny
    Oh oh, someone went to Daiso a few weeks back and forgot to post all her goodies.

8ooqdhxmvjse.jpg

LOL, you crack me up. I meant I don't know what to put in the onigiri as a filling.
    Some just eat it plain, some with salt, others use umeboshi, fish, etc.; I like to think you could put anything you want in there though. ^__^
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    edited September 2015
    I actually like putting scrambled egg in ongiri :smiley: i think it's quite tasty!
  • mangrothian

8ooqdhxmvjse.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help mahself o:)

If you want a 'filling', try tuna or salmon that's been well drained, mixed with a little bit of mayo (and touch of chilli powder or yuzu pepper if you have it), a mini meatball or similar. Something not overly moist or oily, because that could make the onigiri fall apart.

I personally love using the shiso (purple) furikake with a pickled plum in the centre.
  • PixelPuff
    If you have the ingredients for oyakodon, you can always use the leftovers for onigiri! The slight bit of dashi on the eggs/onion/chicken seep into the onigiri a bit, but the nori makes it hold together well. Just scrumptious. /so happy she found ingredients for dashi stock in town
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Leftovers, but finally made the baked croquette. They turned out well, just a bit bland. We used ketchup instead of tonkatsu sauce. Might just try the tonkatsu sauce next time.
    Ketchup in little pandas, leftover fresh corn, and two korokke (133 calories each). So about 390 calories total, I did not weight the corn or ketchup, so a semi-guess there.

95faf5aa3e050f91a224b64bcee4bdbc.png
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Leftovers, but finally made the baked croquette. They turned out well, just a bit bland.

They look exactly like the picture! That almost never works out for me.

Today's bento. Pork tenderloin, cooked in the method someone about 50 pages ago suggested, fried rice mix (no actual fried rice here, it was a rice packet), broccoli, carrots and almond/cranberry mix for sweets. Because it's cute today, I also posted my snack box, which is a fishy egg (which doesn't really show in the pic), plums, grapes and a baybel cheese. Lunch clocks in at 445 cals and both snacks together are 258 cals. You're going to see variations on a theme this week as husband is travelling and I cooked a 1.5 lb tenderloin. We'll have to see how creative I can get by day 4 of this bento :disappointed:
    q040r3no86mt.jpg

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    I'm back from con! It was so fun, and I treated myself to a box of Hello Panda cookies from the dealer room :3

No bento today (I slept most of yesterday & I'm still exhausted) but I went to the sushi cart and got a spicy tuna, avocado, and peach handroll with a cup of miso soup. No picture, it was gone too fast :p
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    edited September 2015
    j4c1lyf5hj2t.jpg
    I have salad bentos for the next two days. This is tomorrow's. Today's had an avocado on it too. Here's what was in there:

Spring mix, turkey, broccoli, yellow squash, cucumber, red pepper, mushroom, tomato and avocado (not pictured)

I also have some blackberries in another container.
  • moribunny
    I'm back from con! It was so fun, and I treated myself to a box of Hello Panda cookies from the dealer room :3

No bento today (I slept most of yesterday & I'm still exhausted) but I went to the sushi cart and got a spicy tuna, avocado, and peach handroll with a cup of miso soup. No picture, it was gone too fast :p
    Welcome back! Glad it was fun~^__^