Fat girls at Victoria's Secret.

Options

Replies

• CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the congratulations! I was just a bit shocked to see all the people saying that fat girls shouldn't be in that store. I will admit, the underwear does run a bit small, but I am okay not buying my panties there and just the bras, along with makeup and other beauty products.

It is a weird method, but people have to remember that VS also has different sizes for their bras. It seems dumb at first, but when you think about it it's kind of smart. Only size people for your sized bras and it keeps them coming back lol. In VS I am a 48(which is actually now more like a 44-46) DD, where in "most" bras, I'm more like a 46D.

yeah they have like vanity sizing. No way in hades am I really a C cup. But I sure did text my friends when VS told me I was!
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I don't really shop there to begin with, but if I did, I wouldn't care either way. As long as the sales associates are knowledgeable about the products, that's all that should matter. Customers are always snobby little brats though, no matter what customer service gig you have. The crap I could tell you about working at BK....it would make you hate humanity.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    good for you. ignore the haters and do your thing.

it's good to see different body types and sizes in stores like that!

i dont shop at VS because they dont sell my bra size. DD is probably the cleavage i show when i wear a v neck shirt.. just the tip of the iceberg :laugh:
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting the job, its great to hear they hired you based on your interview and not your looks/size! I definitely don't have a problem with it, in fact i think those comments you mentioned are awful, people that look down on others because they are fat disgust me. I have shopped online there cause I like a certain type of underwear they have, otherwise I don't shop there, cause yes nothing fits me.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    OP, I love your story, and congrats on the job. I have a VS Outlet near my office and just love the deals there...but like someone else said, I also didn't think their bras were available over a C cup! I could also not care less about the size of the associate....as long as they're helpful (if I ask for help), friendly and not pushy.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Go girl youre there to sale obviously the manager saw talent in you and thought you could offer great customer service. i dont mind going into a VS and have always been treated politely. I love their perfumes, make up, and lotions.

Ignore ignorant dumb f-cks who wouldnt know their head from a hole in the ground. You do your job you treat the customers right and you are knowledgeable about product there wont be any issues.

Besides you'll be rocking the lingerie soon enough.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    How the sales person looks has no impact on me. It's how they interact with me. IF they are standoffish - it's a horrible experience if they're are cheerful and helpful...kudos!! I work at their sister store Bath & Bodyworks. Their philosophy is to put the customer first, if you can do that with a positive attitude, it shouldn't matter what you look like!!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    All that matters is that I'm treated nicely and fitted properly. Size has nothing to do with customer service.

ETA: Congrats on getting the job!
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have never shopped at VS myself, but I have gone in with a friend who is mayyyyyyyybe 100 pounds haha she is a tiny one and loves their clothes and stuff. I must say that when was in there I felt VERY uncomfortable as I only saw size 00 or 0 size sales associates and all very tiny clothes. I think if I saw anyone in there of an average build or of a plus size build I would have felt EXTREMELY more comfortable. I think when you go into stores and you see small women everywhere it kind of makes it have that sterotype that it is a store for "small" women and if you are plus size they will not have anything for you. I know it is a bad sterotype as not all stores are like that, but that is definitely how I feel about it. I have recently become aware of warehouse one and marks work ware house ( I live in Canada, so not sure if some of you have heard of these places) but they actually carry up to size xxl !! which I was shocked ! but in a good way !! I think if you see an average size women or a plus size women in a 'typical' clothing store it would make me feel more willing to go into the store as well, as no one hates clothes shopping more than a big girl in small store !!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Go girl youre there to sale obviously the manager saw talent in you and thought you could offer great customer service. i dont mind going into a VS and have always been treated politely. I love their perfumes, make up, and lotions.

Ignore ignorant dumb f-cks who wouldnt know their head from a whole in the ground. You do you job you treat the customers right and you are knowledgeable about product there wont be any issues.

Besides you'll be rocking the lingerie soon enough.

Haha yepp I will! I love their lotions and perfumes, etc. I think they are going to put me in the beauty section because I mentioned that I have nearly every Secret Garden perfume and that I love their scents, lol.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    How the sales person looks has no impact on me. It's how they interact with me. IF they are standoffish - it's a horrible experience if they're are cheerful and helpful...kudos!! I work at their sister store Bath & Bodyworks. Their philosophy is to put the customer first, if you can do that with a positive attitude, it shouldn't matter what you look like!!

Just curious, feel free to not answer as it is not my business--do you also get a 30% discount to all Limited stores? Like, if you go to VS can you get a discount?
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I don't care what the employees look like as long as they are nice people!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the job, sweetie! Take whatever lessons you can in sales, and leave all the superficial stuff behind. Your worry about being hired because of your weight simply because they are a "sexy" store? Check your thinking, and I mean that in the nicest of ways. You have a lovely, open smile. You seem to be well educated and intelligent. Your weight? Not a factor in retail (sans any policies against hiring "fat" "unattractive" "uncool" people much like the A&F chain....) so don't let it get in your way of your job. Inexperience is often preferred in retail settings because it allows the manager to mold you into the desired employee and teach without having to re-train.

Whenever I see postings about stores, most seem to be insanely negative or very very positive...As in that person had a shift in attitude due to their experience. But for someone to blame the size of a person for their in-store experience?? Seems unnatural and posted with intent to hurt and bully. Ignore, ignore, ignore and remember: you are the controller of your success. If you allow thoughts like "you shouldn't have been hired to work here" for whatever reason, you'll be picked apart by the first cranky customer.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I think that's amazing! I love diversity in people and as someone who is lacking self-confidence in my body, it's always comforting to see employees that aren't trying to maintain the "VS Angel" image.

Good on you, and work with your head up high!

... a discount for working there would definitely be a incentive to work there.
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the job! I think that is wonderful. As for me.... I like it when I see 'real' people working in the stores... and yes it does make me feel more comfortable....

Again... congrats!

:smile:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I don't care who works there as long as they are helpful and nice and not rude. Confidence and a stellar personality goes a long way with me.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Awesome for VS. I don't care what a person looks like at a store it's how I get waited on and weight has nothing to do with that. It's like when people say don't trust a skinny chef, who cares about the weight as long as the food is good. I don't care what a person weights working at VS or any other business.
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    In no way, shape, or form would I be disgusted. I would probably be more excited to see that they are expanding past the little teeny sales girls! Congrats, lady!
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Congrats on the job, sweetie! Take whatever lessons you can in sales, and leave all the superficial stuff behind. Your worry about being hired because of your weight simply because they are a "sexy" store? Check your thinking, and I mean that in the nicest of ways. You have a lovely, open smile. You seem to be well educated and intelligent. Your weight? Not a factor in retail (sans any policies against hiring "fat" "unattractive" "uncool" people much like the A&F chain....) so don't let it get in your way of your job. Inexperience is often preferred in retail settings because it allows the manager to mold you into the desired employee and teach without having to re-train.

Whenever I see postings about stores, most seem to be insanely negative or very very positive...As in that person had a shift in attitude due to their experience. But for someone to blame the size of a person for their in-store experience?? Seems unnatural and posted with intent to hurt and bully. Ignore, ignore, ignore and remember: you are the controller of your success. If you allow thoughts like "you shouldn't have been hired to work here" for whatever reason, you'll be picked apart by the first cranky customer.

Wow, that was so sweet! Thank you! :)

I should clarify, I do not let it/think it will bother me. I just never had considered that it would even be an issue! lol. If any comments do come up, because of having been fat all my life, I'm very good at letting it just go in one ear and out the other. Some people don't really think before they speak and don't mean what comes out, anyway. I hope that I can make more plus sized women feel a little more comfortable walking in, because it is intimidating walking into a store like that and seeing really fit, pretty girls. (That was my other worry, too -- everyone that works there is SO pretty! I feel like I didn't fit the bill at all :laugh:)
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    GO YOU! You got the job based on your interview and skill set - Im guessing you were pleasant and they knew you would be a good sales person - which is all I want when Im shopping!