Fat girls at Victoria's Secret.

Options

Replies

• jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    y'know, as long as the shop staff are well presented, polite and know their stuff i'm more than happy! you could have three legs for all i care. if you give good service then i'll walk out with a smile.

This. I cannot tel you how many times I went into stores with friends and all of the "hot" employees would be in a little circle flirting and totally oblivious to everyone and everything else. I don't care what someone looks like, I want someone who knows what they're doing.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think it doesn't matter at all. The only things I expect in a salesperson are a friendly attitude, knowledge about the products, and a willingness to be helpful when asked. I am surprised, though, that Victoria's Secret hires plus-sized women. The one I shop at most frequently seems to only hire really skinny, snooty chicks. But if I need help picking out lingerie, I take a dude with me, so it doesn't matter anyway.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Go you, girly!

I don't normally pay a lot of attention to the size of a sales person. I pay more attention to whether they try to be helpful when I have a question. Anyone who can do the job and doesn't take it out on the clients when they have a bad day, is fine with me.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Love it. Don't big girls need bras too?
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've been doing some reading on VS. Experiences as an employee, good and bad reviews, what kind of customer base it has, etc. What interests (read: disgusts) me is that I'm finding a lot of posts and comments about how "fat girls should not be allowed in VS" and "fat girls should only shop at their plus sized stores" as well as "no one over 175 pounds should be able to shop there" and even "dear obese girl working at VS, thanks for ruining my shopping exerience" (and yes, that one was 'ruined' simply because the sales associate was 'too fat'.')
    People. I don't even. :mad: I hope you never have to deal with stuff like this. These are not the comments of decent human beings.

I do like your attitude and wish you have only awesomeness at your new job. :flowerforyou:
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I care about this:

Do you know the merchandise? Where it is? Can you tell me about the different styles? Are you polite? Are you going to ring up my purchases efficiently and correctly? Do you look happy to be at work? Will you bring me a different size/style/color so I don't have to get completely dressed to go find it myself?

If yes, you belong there as much as anyone.
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou: I worked there a while ago and the best part of the job was getting a discount at both V.S. and Bath & Body Works. The job was tough though and the managers expect you to have the customer service mindset of a car salesman! (Then again, I'm more of a stocking kinda gal.) If you can become super knowledgeable about every size and style of bra available, you will be successful. I also suggest becoming an expert on sizing, and not just their method of sizing. They do carry bras that go up to DD, but that's the highest I believe, and those aren't always in stock. It is also hard to size the petite girls unless you're putting them into the Miraculous Bra. That one is pretty much the only bra there that fits me correctly in ANY size.

Good luck and have fun! Oh, and yeah, I don't care whatsoever about what the associates look like, and I didn't care what my co-workers looked like at the V.S. I was employed at - but it was a HUGE turn-off to works with girls who were catty, rude, snobby, etc. That was one of the reasons I ended up leaving the job after a short while. (It was actually really bad.) Looks don't matter! It's all about having a good attitude!
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Love it. Don't big girls need bras too?

Yep Im a big girl with big boobs!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I've been doing some reading on VS. Experiences as an employee, good and bad reviews, what kind of customer base it has, etc. What interests (read: disgusts) me is that I'm finding a lot of posts and comments about how "fat girls should not be allowed in VS" and "fat girls should only shop at their plus sized stores" as well as "no one over 175 pounds should be able to shop there" and even "dear obese girl working at VS, thanks for ruining my shopping exerience" (and yes, that one was 'ruined' simply because the sales associate was 'too fat'.')
    People. I don't even. :mad: I hope you never have to deal with stuff like this. These are not the comments of decent human beings.

I do like your attitude and wish you have only awesomeness at your new job. :flowerforyou:

Thank you! :):flowerforyou:
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Congratulations on your new job!! How exciting! I love VS and I am thrilled when I see associates of all shapes, sizes, ages, and ethnicities working there!

For those saying that VS doesn't carry their size, don't feel bad. I'm an A-cup and I can never find my size in the stores either. The woes of the "haves" and "have-nots"... :wink:
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Congratulations on your new job!! How exciting! I love VS and I am thrilled when I see associates of all shapes, sizes, ages, and ethnicities working there!

For those saying that VS doesn't carry their size, don't feel bad. I'm an A-cup and I can never find my size in the stores either. The woes of the "haves" and "have-nots"... :wink:

Yeah, unfortunately unless you want a bandeau bra or a suuuuper push up, they don't cater much to smaller sizes. I think they kind of assume anyone under a B cup wants bigger boobs. :L
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new job. I don't shop there much simply bc they don't carry a 34DD in the stores. It sounds like you have a great future there.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I honestly just tend to shy away from those kind of stores. Victoria Secret, Buckle, Charlotte Russe, ect. I just stick with outrageously priced Torrid. :/ But congrats on your job and having faith in their company. :) I too am surprised and would have come into the interview with the same mindset. :flowerforyou:
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Congrats on your new job. I don't shop there much simply bc they don't carry a 34DD in the stores. It sounds like you have a great future there.

They don't? I'm sorry they don't carry that size in your store! I guess every one is different, but my store carries up to 40DD :)
  • frankizoy
    frankizoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i would personally feel more comfortable seeing a "fat" employee working at a place like Victoria's Secret. It would make me feel less out of place. i don't really shop there though, but i do like their fragrances :)
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

They don't? I'm sorry they don't carry that size in your store! I guess every one is different, but my store carries up to 40DD :)

I can get a 36 or higher in a DD but my local store doesn't carry under a 36 in DD, but they're always willing to jump online with me and make sure I get exactly what I'm looking at in the store.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

They also don't carry anything below a 34 band size. I'm a 28D. Can't even get anything at PINK.

I think they don't cater certain sizes for cost reasons but it kinda makes us feel inadequate/not normal. Like I said earlier they use the +4method so that if you are too big or too small they kind find an equivalent in cup volume.

For example, 28D, 30C, 32B, 34A. Or 34D, 36C, 38B, 40A. All have the same cup volume, however, the band and breastplate will fit differently.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

First, congrats on the job. I would have hired you too, if it was up to me. Secondly, when people are mean and/or obnoxious it's about them not you. Today someone yelled at me while I was walking my dog, I couldn't quite make out what he was yelling. I think it was "I'm a colossal rude *kitten* with poor impulse control" but he could have been yelling something else about being insecure about his manhood. Like I said, I dunno couldn't quite make it out.

But, also important. I will have to check VS and see if I can fit into their largest bras now, since I went down a size or two.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

They also don't carry anything below a 34 band size. I'm a 28D. Can't even get anything at PINK.

I think they don't cater certain sizes for cost reasons but it kinda makes us feel inadequate/not normal. Like I said earlier they use the +4method so that if you are too big or too small they kind find an equivalent in cup volume.

For example, 28D, 30C, 32B, 34A. Or 34D, 36C, 38B, 40A. All have the same cup volume, however, the band and breastplate will fit differently.

Yepp! It sucks that women that are smaller too feel left out. Some people don't think about that because they don't think smaller women have those problems. Shame, really. And yeah, my store carries down to 32, but most places probably don't because "most" women are above that and below 42.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

First, congrats on the job. I would have hired you too, if it was up to me. Secondly, when people are mean and/or obnoxious it's about them not you. Today someone yelled at me while I was walking my dog, I couldn't quite make out what he was yelling. I think it was "I'm a colossal rude *kitten* with poor impulse control" but he could have been yelling something else about being insecure about his manhood. Like I said, I dunno couldn't quite make it out.

But, also important. I will have to check VS and see if I can fit into their largest bras now, since I went down a size or two.

:laugh: this is why we're friends!