Is this rude, or am I just exaggerating the issue

Options

Replies

• mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Most of them seriously do not know that they are carrying the smell. Personally I say it front of smokers, its bad for you, and as much as I love my daddy he stinks because he smokes too. I guess I'm rude. But I rather have someone say hey you are killing yourself with that cancer stick.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Elise4270 wrote: »
    Why the hell was a smoker on the treadmill? I mean isnt that like a diet coke and candy bar?

Why not? The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Yes yes I know... just seems counter intuitive. my husband ran his best 5K as a smoker.

Hope your husband didn't smoke near you or half the commenters on this thread would throat punch you and then rip you a new one if you got within 5 yards of them apparently... ;)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    mrsKOrtiz wrote: »
    Most of them seriously do not know that they are carrying the smell. Personally I say it front of smokers, its bad for you, and as much as I love my daddy he stinks because he smokes too. I guess I'm rude. But I rather have someone say hey you are killing yourself with that cancer stick.

Do you share the same warnings with obese people who are overeating?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Why the hell was a smoker on the treadmill? I mean isnt that like a diet coke and candy bar?

Yes yes I know... just seems counter intuitive. my husband ran his best 5K as a smoker.

So you were just sharing with the group what you likely shared with your husband many times, huh?

I dont follow...
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options

yessss but no, sorry but sometimes we need to mind our own business. and the chances are that they know that it is bad and that might kill them so it's not news flash. do you offer advise to morbidly obese people too in fast food restaurant hey you're gonna die go get something more healthy?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    ner'mind

So you were just sharing with the group what you likely shared with your husband many times, huh?

I dont follow...

Your post...before the edit:

And your quoted post above:

Do you follow my post now?
  • Elise4270
    Options

Hope your husband didn't smoke near you or half the commenters on this thread would throat punch you and then rip you a new one if you got within 5 yards of them apparently... ;)
    LOL! interesting. He quit because he has asthma and wanted a healthier life. My kids smoke, I tell them they stink all the time!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »

yessss but no, sorry but sometimes we need to mind our own business. and the chances are that they know that it is bad and that might kill them so it's not news flash. do you offer advise to morbidly obese people too in fast food restaurant hey you're gonna die go get something more healthy?

I think the point is respecting someones personal space. I am going to think about how close I am to someone if I think I smell. I dont care if they smoke, have on too much fru fru juice, have B.O., or gas. Point is to be mindful how our choice affect others in public places of shared spaces.....
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I hate that too. Smoking or not, get away from me! Lmbo
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options

I think the point is respecting someones personal space. I am going to think about how close I am to someone if I think I smell. I dont care if they smoke, have on too much fru fru juice, have B.O., or gas. Point is to be mindful how our choice affect others in public places of shared spaces.....

"Personally I say it front of smokers, its bad for you, and as much as I love my daddy he stinks because he smokes too. I guess I'm rude. But I rather have someone say hey you are killing yourself with that cancer stick."

i was talking about that, not the original post
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    It annoys me when some weirdo gets on the machine next to you when there are half a dozen free ones available.

So, no. Not overreacting.

Yes, today I was in a Zumba class and the woman next to me kept invading my space so that if I did a full arm movement I would have slapped her. I kept moving out of her way and she kept coming close. I still don't know what her problem was. And it was my first time at this class.
  • Elise4270
    Options

"Personally I say it front of smokers, its bad for you, and as much as I love my daddy he stinks because he smokes too. I guess I'm rude. But I rather have someone say hey you are killing yourself with that cancer stick."

i was talking about that, not the original post
    yes, i think I was seconding your view... I think.. I may have gotten lost.
  • lakhena
    lakhena Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Maybe she was hoping for a stray slap?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    ner'mind

I dont follow...

nope... Not really feelin' it here.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I hate when people are all up in my personal space... When I'm in line at the grocery store it always seems someone wants to try to crawl into my back pocket... So I've solved the problem.... I quietly take the divider bar, that you place on the conveyor belt behind your groceries and the next person's, and I lay it on the ground a few feet behind me... They get the message to BACK OFF pretty quickly.

I like this.

...for it's ridiculousness.

Would ignore.

Agreed! Like honestly, use your words instead of putting the divider bar on the ground. That's just obnoxious.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    ner'mind

I dont follow...

Anyone else following what to me seems to be a remarkably easy to follow inference? I don't have the energy/interest to try to explain it any differently.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ner'mind

I dont follow...

Anyone else following what to me seems to be a remarkably easy to follow inference? I don't have the energy/interest to try to explain it any differently.

I gotta admit, I wasn't quite sure where you were going with the first comment, but I'm kinda sleepy
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    ner'mind

I dont follow...

I gotta admit, I wasn't quite sure where you were going with the first comment, but I'm kinda sleepy

Dang. Maybe it's me. Probably doesn't help that she edited/deleted her original comment though.

She questioned why a smoker would bother being on a treadmill (as if those are mutually exclusive). Then she said that her husband had his best 5k time when he was a smoker. From this, I inferred that she had likely shared her observation of not understanding why a smoker would bother with running for fitness with her husband many times before...hence my comment about her sharing an observation she likely shared with her husband many times before with the group/this thread.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Jozzmenia wrote: »
    I hate that too. Smoking or not, get away from me! Lmbo

XDDZuAi.jpg
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What do people sensitive to smoke do around cars and car exhaust? I know it's a thing people say, but really, if there's that severe of a reaction to someone who isn't even smoking around them, it must be hard to get around full stop. Not sarcastic, actual question