100+ lbs to lose!!!

Options

Replies

• nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    SamLyons12 wrote: »
    I have been on and off again for couple years now, I am 26 yrs old and recently had to have a hysterectomy, I let the depression get the best of me and ate my way through it.. I am now about 80lbs over weight, but would love to lose 90-95. I am at the biggest I have ever been in my life and something has to give. I have two children which makes it even harder when all they want to do is eat :( I started my journey yesterday by watching my 1200 calories and going to the gym, I did 1 Mile on the treadmill and 3 miles on the bicycle. Today my kids had a snow day and of course wanted to eat everything and I am a little over my calories today :( but I would LOVE someone to help me beat this journey!

snow days are great opportunities. Bundle your kids up and go have a snowball fight, build a giant snowman, make a snow fort, make a snow path or snow mazes. We even built a snow slide when I was a kid. You might be cold at first, but after you play in the snow for an hour you end up sweating. Its great fun and a great memory for you and your kids. Instead of eating activities, get their creative juices going. Play dress up, pretend you are solving a mystery, read a story to them or have them read to you. You can color, play board games, make something from recyclables. Keep them so busy they won't be whining for snacks. When you do come to snack time, make up some healthy snacks instead of letting them have junk food. By doing this now, they will learn to crave good things instead. If you need help just go to bing and put in the search box whatever you are looking for and click on images. There is usually a link to the various crafts, activities or snacks. If you model the active life, they will find it fun and live an active life when they grow up.
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    gemm30 wrote: »
    Hi all I want/need to lose 100+ pounds, just found this app yesterday and slowly finding my way round I am already a regular at the local gym but where food is concerned I don't really know where to start. Any support help would be fabulous I have my best friends wedding in August and I so want to not be the fat friend.

My son is getting married some time in the fall and that has been the nagging worry of mine. I don't want to be the fat mother of the groom that ruins their pictures. I have been using MFP for 40 days now and love it. Have lost 13 pounds and 18". Just add your meals as you go and then look at the totals at the bottom of the page. You will learn to watch for which foods tend to send you over the limit. I sometimes add them before I eat or plan a meal, just to see where I would be if I ate it. I also joined in on some of the challenges and group things. If you go to the community tab at the top of the page and then scroll to the bottom of the page when it loads, click on Biggest Loser. It will take you to the discussions and challenges around this. I belong to Team Teal. Lisa Child is our team leader. Her username is lmc8009 (the first letter is an L). You can message her or friend her and ask to be on the team. We start the next season real soon, just finishing up on week 6 this week. We get points for losing weight, exercise minutes, daily and weekly challenges, mini challenges such as Focus goal, yoga, Macros, and more. Getting involved in one of these groups makes you accountable, people are counting on your participation to boost team scores. You get team mates and other friends on here cheering you on when you succeed and helping you when you have a question or a bad day.
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    So ive taken the next step. Upped my goal to 2lb a week, steps from 6500 to 7500, active mins from 15 to 20 min and also biking non-stop for 10 mins each day... feel free to add me :) here to be supported and supportive.
  • spoonwalker
    spoonwalker Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My tip of the day:

Don't just eat things to stay under your calories. Pay attention to your daily nutrition chart as well as the nutrition facts of what you are logging individually. That might help you decide to swith some stuff out and try new things!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking lots of water. It's been keeping me full. I've been having to force myself to eat! But sometimes the only thing i crave is sweet chocolate. Ugh the struggles

I'm a chocolate lover also. <3 I keep a bag of Lindt 70% cocoa squares in my desk drawer. If I am having a big craving I enjoy one square (1/4 serving) which is 63 cals. I try to keep it to once a week. A girl can't go cold turkey on her chocolate.
  • melx123
    melx123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hiya! 28 yr female here. I've lost almost 100lbs already but still need another 100ish to go. Anyone feel free to add me. Looking for motivational friends to help each other going. :-)
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I would love to join you all on this thread. I'm 47 and need to lose 90 - 100 lbs.
  • boiu5354
    boiu5354 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people!!! Glad to see we all have a common bond! Here is to a great year in 2015 and reaching our goals
  • spoonwalker
    Options
    RENAEJAE wrote: »
    I've been drinking lots of water. It's been keeping me full. I've been having to force myself to eat! But sometimes the only thing i crave is sweet chocolate. Ugh the struggles

I'm a chocolate lover also. <3 I keep a bag of Lindt 70% cocoa squares in my desk drawer. If I am having a big craving I enjoy one square (1/4 serving) which is 63 cals. I try to keep it to once a week. A girl can't go cold turkey on her chocolate.

I limit myself to 2 sweets per week! It's so hard lmao
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Big shocker --- it's snowing in Maine again today and the forecast is for another 8-12" on Saturday AND 8-12" more on Sunday!! I'm not sure where we're going to put it! Maybe it's mother natures way of telling us to get out there and make snow angels?

Yesterday was pretty successful, but I need to work on getting my calories in sooner in the day. I still had 600 calories to get last night so I ate half a bagel with lite PB. It was heavenly but I really should have just called it a day and not eaten that. Today is a new day.

Keep it skinny!
  • suntomoon
    Options
    What a great group! Glad we are together as it does seem to help! Started at 400+ and now at 324 but just found mfp two weeks ago (and it helps me to see what I am eating with great visuals!).

I have found that when I am hungry I drink a glass of water first (that counts!) but if still hungry I throw a bunch of veggies in my blender and a tiny bit of fruit - the fruit overpowers the veggies and its hardly 100 calories. Depending on your taste you can have a thin drink or a chewy one and it all goes towards fabulous skin and great hair! Waaaay better than a chocolate bar.

I have been using the "veg juice" as a snack several times a day - now usually only twice. Check out the calories in two cups of spinach, unsweetened almond milk, one carrot, one quarter of an apple, 10 sprigs parsley, 3 kale leaves, 2 stalks celery....you can always make it soup if you prefer!

See you tomorrow! Have a great day!
  • spoonwalker
    Options
    Tip of the day:

Be thankful for what you have. Feed the positive thoughts and forget the negatives. You will feel much happy and make better choices!
  • ekat1234
    ekat1234 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I started at 240lbs and currently weigh 218lbs. My goal weight is 130lbs. I would love to have motivation and motivate others.
  • wjcunni2000
    wjcunni2000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Even though this seems like a ladies only board. I have lost about 120lbs and would like to drop another 100lbs. I have been stuck with weight lose for about a month. up and down a few lbs from day to day. so frustrating. any tips or ideas to get me out of this slump? I started to work out 4-5 times a week doing about 40 mins or cardio then some weight training (nothing major) any tips or hints are always welcome.
  • silver12176
    silver12176 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So close weighing today I stood on the scale to see a 2 to no avail. 300.0.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Even though this seems like a ladies only board. I have lost about 120lbs and would like to drop another 100lbs. I have been stuck with weight lose for about a month. up and down a few lbs from day to day. so frustrating. any tips or ideas to get me out of this slump? I started to work out 4-5 times a week doing about 40 mins or cardio then some weight training (nothing major) any tips or hints are always welcome.

Are you carefully monitoring and logging your food? Maybe you need to change your caloric intake. :)
  • c2clark
    c2clark Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Who is looking to loose 100+ lbs? I know it can be difficult and I would love to help encourage and support you on our journey! I am looking to lose ultimately at least 180+ lbs on my journey!

Count me in too! I'm 20 and suffer from POS which makes it hard for me to loose weight; I need to loose at least 80 lbs by the end of the year or I could end up sick... If you're looking for support add me! I'm looking for some support of my own! :)
  • c2clark
    c2clark Posts: 3 Member
    Options

If you're focusing on weight loss, start out eating very few - no carbs and sugar with some green tea everyday for at least 15 days, it'll help restart your metabolism. It's nice to do this every few months just to have a healthy cleanse where you don't have to starve yourself.
  • hazeleyedjazz
    hazeleyedjazz Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Ok I think I sent a join request on FB. :) my name is Becky Hamilton
    I am so excited that we have all found each other!!! Just in case anyone missed it find me or my group on facebook! Kaitlin Spooner. My support and motivation group is Getting Healthy tips, tricks and motivation . The more we have the more interaction!!! Yay!!!!

I need to lose about 100acvording to my BMI. How do I get "added"? :)

• hazeleyedjazz
    hazeleyedjazz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    kourt_phx wrote: »
    Hi everyone!! I also have 100+ to lose. I'm 30 and a mother of very active 2 year old twins. I would love some extra support and motivation. Feel free to add me :)