100+ lbs to lose!!!

Options

Replies

• hazeleyedjazz
    hazeleyedjazz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was doing well then came down w bronchitis and sinusitis.... :\ wanna get back to working out before I loose my groove!
  • Windchild
    Windchild Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'll be 33 on Monday, and I have 150+ lbs to lose. I could use all the support I can get. I'll be more than happy to give support as well. Anyone who wants to add me can!
  • BKeeter502
    BKeeter502 Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm 298 and some change. I'm not supposed to have boobs. -.- but I do. I'd like to lose 100-150. It's rough.
  • silver12176
    silver12176 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Alright I am confused. I was in changing my macros and hit the to lose 2 lbs per week which is the same as it was, but when I got out my daily cal intake decreased. Does anyone know why?
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Even though this seems like a ladies only board. I have lost about 120lbs and would like to drop another 100lbs. I have been stuck with weight lose for about a month. up and down a few lbs from day to day. so frustrating. any tips or ideas to get me out of this slump? I started to work out 4-5 times a week doing about 40 mins or cardio then some weight training (nothing major) any tips or hints are always welcome.

I would change up your cardio routine. Make sure you are increasing weights with your strength training to challenge yourself. I am not a fan of daily calorie counting. It stresses me out. But occasionally when weight loss slows I do so to check in with myself and see if I'm taking in the right amounts.
  • silver12176
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @wjcunni2000‌ How's your water intake. That can slow your metabolism. You maybe losing more fluids working out.
  • wjcunni2000
    wjcunni2000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do vary my work outs from day to day. I didnt want it to get stale. So i have been doing that. My water intake is about 60 oz a day, and thats a struggle since im not a big drinker. My calorie in take is under a 1000 a day with little to no carbs/sugars. I just think i am stuck in a rut. Once i get pass this point im sure the weight will start coming off again.
    Thanks for all the tips
  • SFDonovan
    SFDonovan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sitting at 312. Would like to be 265 by mid June for my 35 year High School class reunion. We shall see. I was 225 way back in 1995 when I left the military. I'd love to get back to that weight.
  • silver12176
    Options
    @wjcunni2000‌ you aren't eating enough cals. Your body is in starvation mode and keeping everything you eat to survive. The least women are supposed to eat is 1200 and men is like either 1500 or 1800. Plus with exercising you are even taking in less. I bet if you would actually increase you cals per day and even eat some carbs you would start to lose. You are going to be getting malnourished especially if you don't eat fruits and veggies that have carbs.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I want to lose a total of 150 - I have lost 30 of it so far. Started on January 5th. Please feel free to add me. No one has ever said, "I just have far too much support on my weight-loss journey!"
  • wjcunni2000
    wjcunni2000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i take vitamins and get blood work done to make sure I am not becoming malnourished. I have had a few days where I have eating more calories but it doesn't jump start anything. I've been with the 1000 calories or less for about 6 1/2 months and have lost 120 lbs to date. I am still about 100lbs from where I want to be but have been stuck for about a month. this has happened before but only for a week or so. I will try to add a few more calories to my diet and see how that goes.

Thanks!
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have about 130 left to loose! It feels like a lot when I look at the big number but I know I can get there. Taking it day by day.
  • krmcdonald428
    krmcdonald428 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, new to MFP and need to lose 100lbs but in a healthy and consistent way. Looking for friends for support and motivation. I'm mid 30s with two very young children and busy work schedule. But I need to start taking care of my health so I can keep up with my kids. I Will do this one day at a time and be more conscious of what I eat and my daily activity levels. Starting out slow, so I don't overwhelm myself. I appreciate any support and motivation and will check in as often as I can to give that support right back.
  • pawp11
    pawp11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am also looking to lose 100+. I have played with MFP before, but I struggled to let go of all my bad dieting habits. I recently recommitted and am forcing myself to log daily and to aim for a reasonable calorie count. I also have been sick and haven't wanted to eat so getting enough calories has been an issue, but I was successful yesterday! I made myself go to the grocery store today and am going to really try to hit my calorie goals this week. I feel like I am bipolar when it comes to food - I either overeat or undereat. Learning to eat an appropriate amount is my struggle and my goal!

I strongly believe support is important. If anyone would like to add me, please feel free.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I started wanting to lose about 130 pounds. Down 93 pounds so far since July. It takes some dedication, but is so worth it. Can't wait to get the last 35-40 pounds off
  • trini2km
    Options
    120 to lose!!! HELP
  • danielle7577
    Options
    trini2km wrote: »
    120 to lose!!! HELP
    If you don't have a fitbit I would get one and just start walking! It's amazing how just having that thing to remind yourself to get up and moving helps so much!
  • silver12176
    Options
    @danielle7577‌ the bad thing about fitbit is if you have a lazy day and don't do anything it takes away calories.
  • danielle7577
    Options
    @silver12176‌ Well, if you have a lazy day you shouldn't eat as many calories. I don't use it for calorie count though. I just use it for motivation to move. I have attainable goals, but on lazier days I do have to make sure I put forth some effort to meet them.
  • brown_eyed_frog
    Options
    I need to lose about 150ish. Or want to.