I WANT PIZZA SO BAD

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i think she does have an ED her profile says she wants to lose 33 lbs but if that is her in her pic she is a perfectly healthy weight already??

body dismorphia????

she said she's 5'3" and 150 so i'm thinking that's either not her in the photo or it's her at a time when she was at her goal weight. based on that assumption i can't say that i think she has an ED or body dysmorphia.
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    TravelsWithHuckleberry Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ps to everyone throwing around the term "eating disorder": yeah. I've struggled with an eating disorder for 3 years. But not anymore. I make healthy choices that I don't feel bad about and my body thanks me for eating fresh fruits and veggies and not French fries and ice cream because for the first time in a while, it's getting the nutrition it needs. Telling me to shove pizza and fats down my throat when I want them is impossible for someone who has the mindset and mental disorder that I do, so maybe the support to eat something actually good for my body would be helpful. This is my first week on this app so I'm not sure how to work it, someone please tell me if there's a way to talk this forum discussion down, if not, I hope at least one person reads this and finds encouragement to keep going on their journey to being healthy and loving themselves.

Again, NO ONE told you to "shove pizza and fats down your throat." We simply said that you can eat pizza if and when you crave it and still lose weight.

As for your struggle with an eating disorder, I'm not an expert, but it sounds like you may want to continue working with someone. I hope you do.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    i think she does have an ED her profile says she wants to lose 33 lbs but if that is her in her pic she is a perfectly healthy weight already??

body dismorphia????

she said she's 5'3" and 150 so i'm thinking that's either not her in the photo or it's her at a time when she was at her goal weight. based on that assumption i can't say that i think she has an ED or body dysmorphia.

She admitted to having an ED. You must have missed her post.

I thought she was just being sarcastic....Find post and re-read, I must.
  • and121279
    and121279 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    tweak your pizza so that it works in your favor. There are a ton of low carb low cal pizza crust recipes out there that taste so yummy! Give in to your craving but make it work for you. If you don't give in, you may end up eating everything else and more, versus just have a slice of pizza.
  • DavPul
    Options
    By the way just wanted to say that I'm actually lactose intolerant so I always drink skim milk....

i'm not certain that you know how skim milk works. or maybe how lactose works?

but it's fine. really. if you can tolerate, or even....like, skim milk. enjoy. there's nothing wrong with it. well, besides, it's taste, consistency, flavor, and texture, anyway, but to each his or her own. have your skim milk if you like it.

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    By the way just wanted to say that I'm actually lactose intolerant so I always drink skim milk....

but it's fine. really. if you can tolerate, or even....like, skim milk. enjoy. there's nothing wrong with it. well, besides, it's taste, consistency, flavor, and texture, anyway, but to each his or her own. have your skim milk if you like it.

How do you feel about whole milk?

ETA: which, just to be clear, I'm fairly certain has similar amounts of lactose as skim milk. I'm positive the amounts in each are > 0.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I hope none of you have kids. Called my parent and got the advice to never check this again because it's tearing me down and making me feel like I have an eating disorder because I only eat when I'm hungry(which happened to only be 1113 calories today. Maybe it'll be different tomorrow) hope you all reach your own goals, watch a YouTube seminar on cyber bullying, and *kitten* off just bc you're pissed that I'm trying to reach my goal faster than in a year so I'm swapping pizza for yogurt, fruits, and salad.

*correction* OP is more like 15 lbs overweight. And trying to lose 30 lbs. In a few months. And made fun of people who would reach their goal in year when she'd reach hers "quick" in the face of the fact that a reasonable timeline for her to get to ultimate goal is probably almost a year or so.

OP- I don't think anyone is saying you have an ED. You are however talking to a lot of people, many of whom HAVE had an ED and they know exactly how sick that made them and how hard it was to recover from that. You should not ever in any way shape or form cultivate controlling your eating by beating up on yourself, making yourself feel guilty or demonizing food. It leads down a bad path. That's all people are trying to tell you.

They are also trying to EMPOWER you to help you learn that you can meet all your goals and still eat some pizza. They are also trying to help you be successful but letting you know that trying to do too much too fast is not only setting yourself up for failure, it is fundamentally unhealthy no matter how many apples and cereal and fruits you eat, if you don't eat enough food you are hurting your body. That is not healthy. 1100 calories a day while exercising is not enough. Yes you are correct it may average out over the week to a reasonable amount, but just make sure you are averaging out, ok? And find better ways to redirect your cravings than guilting yourself, making yourself feel awful or wrong or demonizing food. You can just say "I don't want that right now, I'll have it sometime later". or "I'll have some pizza, it may put me at maintenance for they day but it'll help me stay happy and reach my long term goal" That's ok. No need to beat yourself or pizza up over it.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Ps to everyone throwing around the term "eating disorder": yeah. I've struggled with an eating disorder for 3 years. But not anymore. I make healthy choices that I don't feel bad about and my body thanks me for eating fresh fruits and veggies and not French fries and ice cream because for the first time in a while, it's getting the nutrition it needs. Telling me to shove pizza and fats down my throat when I want them is impossible for someone who has the mindset and mental disorder that I do, so maybe the support to eat something actually good for my body would be helpful. This is my first week on this app so I'm not sure how to work it, someone please tell me if there's a way to talk this forum discussion down, if not, I hope atleast one person reads this and finds encouragement to keep going on their journey to being healthy and loving themselves.

a couple things on this.

1. i don't see how you could feign being so upset that some people called you out on talking like you might have an eating disorder when you in fact, have an eating disorder. the way you described your feelings about food made this a possibility and it seems they were correct
    2. the way you currently describe your feelings about food indicate that your ED may not be as in the past you would like to believe. if you're willing to talk to your mom about how you feel about people on the internet (and she gave you sound advice) i hope you're also willing to talk to your mom about how you still feel about food, how you continue to label food good vs bad, and how you feel guilty if you eat certain things. hopefully you and your mom can have an honest conversation and she can get you the help you seem, in my untrained eyes, to still need.

good luck
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

There is still lactose in skim milk though. Skim milk is milk that has had the fat removed, but it still has lactose. Products like Lactaid however are milk without lactose.
  • DavPul
    Options

body dismorphia????

She admitted to having an ED. You must have missed her post.

i'm referring specifically to thinking that she has an ED because she wants to lose 30 pounds based on looking at that photo.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    OP, your parent gave you good advice. You'll never win this debate on here. I think there were legitimately some people trying to give you advice that you can eat pizza if you really want it and can fit it into your calorie goals. There are a handful of others (who post in virtually every thread) and seem to be auditioning for some sitcom or reality show. I don't know what makes them tick (or care) but I put them in the same category as hackers. You know, people who spend a lot of time doing things just to be disruptive but for no good reason at all.

I think you shouldn't have used the term "fatasses" but I am SURE that's not the only reason people are giving you grief. I see it all the time on this website; people swoop into a discussion and are out for blood, it seems. Again, there are some people who aren't making fun of you, cracking jokes, auditioning, or posting gifs for laughs that are really trying to give you advice from their experiences.

I don't get why people think that some people who choose not to eat pizza or cookies (and the like) while working out are miserable. It's a choice and we all make our own choices. This site is full of people who successfully lose and maintain weight by eating whatever they want in moderation and also people who do it by eating they way you describe. It's also full of people who didn't successfully keep the weight off. Those people include the ones that ate pizza and the ones that didn't. My point is that no one one her has all the answers for everyone. Do what you want to do. If it's not the right choice, you will learn from it. That's how life works.

This was to the OP only.

Thank you so much for this. I agree completely

Np. I posted it twice by accident. If I were you I would walk away and not post again in this thread. That's the only way to let it die. The auditioners will just go find their next victim when they realize you're no longer listening. Feel free to add me as a friend, if you like. And just be healthy and positive. I see tons of people on here who want to lose weight for a wedding or vacation. But Spring Break is somehow absurd? I think that whatever reason someone has for wanting to get in better health or feel better about themselves is legitimate and his/her business.

I'm sure you will lose some weight by your goal date and feel great. Even if it's not the full amount, it will be something to celebrate. Good luck.
  • da_bears1008
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    What kind of fatasses tell someone who's trying to loose weight to eat pizza. ONE slice has 285 calories. 640 mg of sodium. 36 carbs. For one slice. It's not that much protein, and that carbs y'all are talking about? THEYRE FROM WHITE BREAD. THATS BAD FOR YOUR BODY.

Not trying to starve myself I'm trying to make healthier choices. Try it sometime. When you're not eating pizza, try swapping it for a turkey sandwhich(healthy filling calories)

I like to make my own pizza with a thin whole wheat crust, chicken or shrimp, fresh tomato slices and goat cheese. Maybe a bit of red onion...a sprinkling of spinach or arugula on top...a little balsamic glaze...

I admit, it's a lot more work than ordering Papa John's, but it's also amazingly delicious and healthy pizza.

I'm failing to see how it's bad for your body. Domino's has gluten free crust. Lots of places have a whole wheat option. Most places have a thin crust option. You can get light cheese, lots of veggies, and a lighter protein like chicken or Canadian bacon. You can also stick to smaller sizes instead of getting the giant pie just because you have a coupon.

1e68e31e6c30f67335521562b007f3a8.jpg

I like this game. Me next!

timelapse-pizza-cooking.gif

tumblr_n0vk3oOcox1s80lnro1_500.gif#pizza%20tumblr%20gif%20500x216

4vldf1oaegqq.jpg

I just needed to contribute this

kitten_pizza.gif

• DavPul
    Options
    OP, your parent gave you good advice. You'll never win this debate on here. I think there were legitimately some people trying to give you advice that you can eat pizza if you really want it and can fit it into your calorie goals. There are a handful of others (who post in virtually every thread) and seem to be auditioning for some sitcom or reality show. I don't know what makes them tick (or care) but I put them in the same category as hackers. You know, people who spend a lot of time doing things just to be disruptive but for no good reason at all.

I think you shouldn't have used the term "fatasses" but I am SURE that's not the only reason people are giving you grief. I see it all the time on this website; people swoop into a discussion and are out for blood, it seems. Again, there are some people who aren't making fun of you, cracking jokes, auditioning, or posting gifs for laughs that are really trying to give you advice from their experiences.

I don't get why people think that some people who choose not to eat pizza or cookies (and the like) while working out are miserable. It's a choice and we all make our own choices. This site is full of people who successfully lose and maintain weight by eating whatever they want in moderation and also people who do it by eating they way you describe. It's also full of people who didn't successfully keep the weight off. Those people include the ones that ate pizza and the ones that didn't. My point is that no one one her has all the answers for everyone. Do what you want to do. If it's not the right choice, you will learn from it. That's how life works.

This was to the OP only.

Np. I posted it twice by accident. If I were you I would walk away and not post again in this thread. That's the only way to let it die. The auditioners will just go find their next victim when they realize you're no longer listening. Feel free to add me as a friend, if you like. And just be healthy and positive. I see tons of people on here who want to lose weight for a wedding or vacation. But Spring Break is somehow absurd? I think that whatever reason someone has for wanting to get in better health or feel better about themselves is legitimate and his/her business.

I'm sure you will lose some weight by your goal date and feel great. Even if it's not the full amount, it will be something to celebrate. Good luck.

keep on white knighting and ignoring the fact that she has now admitted to the ED that many of us suspected based on both her words and our experience with people similar to her in this forum and others.

keep calling people auditioners while you coddle a young girl right into the arms of unhealthy life choices.

keep pretending that suffering from an ED is a legitimate reason to restrict yourself from eating enough food, or foods that you enjoy.

keep on, keeping on. hey, it takes all types, right?
  • DavPul
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

ETA: which, just to be clear, I'm fairly certain has similar amounts of lactose as skim milk. I'm positive the amounts in each are > 0.

whole milk? is that sort of like meat steak?
  • wendytheroo
    wendytheroo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Let's try this from a different angle.

If OP is trying to exist solely on 'whole' 'clean' foods, is no one going to tell her about overdosing on vitamins?

Because hey that's a thing. You think you're doing your body a favor by only eating 1100 calories worth of broccoli, carrots, kale or eggs or whatever, but you could just be setting yourself up for liver failure later on.

So eat the damn pizza and space out those nutrients a bit, mmkay? There I just gave you an excuse so you HAVE to eat the pizza. Even the most die-hard of vegans need their "unhealthy" food fixes
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

This was to the OP only.

OP is a victim? Of what?
  • DavPul
    Options

This was to the OP only.

OP is a victim? Of what?

truthiness?
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options

There is still lactose in skim milk though. Skim milk is milk that has had the fat removed, but it still has lactose. Products like Lactaid however are milk without lactose.

I thought lactaid has some lactose but it also had the lactase added in so you could digest the lactose?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

whole milk? is that sort of like meat steak?

Fair point.

But in this crazy world where turkey bacon is a thing, I accept and even appreciate the seemingly unnecessary redundancy to avoid any possible confusion.