• amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    amymrls wrote: »
    crabada wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    i think we've gone back and forth so much that we're all missing the basic point. the reason you should have eaten the pizza is because you wanted to eat the pizza. and we know that wanted pizza, not cereal covered in watermilk because you created an account and with your first post you created a thread titled "I WANT PIZZA SO BAD" (caps are yours).

our main point, before you called a bunch of people fatasses, was that if you want pizza, it's okay to eat pizza, instead of settling for a dinner of cereal, fruit slices and sadmilk.

Why you gotta bully the skim milk with all the name calling? :(
    I hope none of you have kids. Called my parent and got the advice to never check this again because it's tearing me down and making me feel like I have an eating disorder because I only eat when I'm hungry(which happened to only be 1113 calories today. Maybe it'll be different tomorrow) hope you all reach your own goals, watch a YouTube seminar on cyber bullying, and *kitten* off just bc you're pissed that I'm trying to reach my goal faster than in a year so I'm swapping pizza for yogurt, fruits, and salad.
    Okay..... I didn't know the OP sounded like a 12 year old.... I am out, night everyone...

Were you not here from the beginning?
    No I came in at page 7ish......

And didn't bother to catch up but instead decided to lecture others on how to forum appropriately?

Tsk tsk. That is very bad forum etiquette. You should know better.

Please Please educate me all mighty forum god.....

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    And now I'm hungry. Guess it's time for a bread-less( :disappointed: ) cheeseburger...better make it a double since there's no bread. I'd have pizza, but I don't have the stuff to make one and all the pizza places are closed so I can't order one. :drinker:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i think we've gone back and forth so much that we're all missing the basic point. the reason you should have eaten the pizza is because you wanted to eat the pizza. and we know that wanted pizza, not cereal covered in watermilk because you created an account and with your first post you created a thread titled "I WANT PIZZA SO BAD" (caps are yours).

our main point, before you called a bunch of people fatasses, was that if you want pizza, it's okay to eat pizza, instead of settling for a dinner of cereal, fruit slices and sadmilk.

I hope none of you have kids. Called my parent and got the advice to never check this again because it's tearing me down and making me feel like I have an eating disorder because I only eat when I'm hungry(which happened to only be 1113 calories today. Maybe it'll be different tomorrow) hope you all reach your own goals, watch a YouTube seminar on cyber bullying, and *kitten* off just bc you're pissed that I'm trying to reach my goal faster than in a year so I'm swapping pizza for yogurt, fruits, and salad.
    Okay..... I didn't know the OP sounded like a 12 year old.... I am out, night everyone...

And didn't bother to catch up but instead decided to lecture others on how to forum appropriately?

YoumayrefertomeasGod.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Please Please educate me all mighty forum god.....

Like saving 15% with Geico, everybody knows this is in bad form. No deity status necessary.

But don't you find it just a little bit interesting how you're responding to being told you're doing it wrong...when what you did was jump into the middle of a thread and started telling others they were doing it wrong? I mean, at least a little bit interesting? Maybe it's just me.
  • amymrls
    Options
    All I saw when I logged in is people acting pissy over a teenager....
  • amymrls
    Options

YoumayrefertomeasGod.gif

Bwahahahaha
  • amymrls
    Options
    I thought the point was a life style change?

Like I had two donuts today but I also had eggs, yogurt, berries, salad, zuccihini, fresh tomatoes

I thought the point was to allow room for living and to fill in the rest with healthy sensible eating and trying to move more?

The point is NOT to eat pizza and ice cream or donuts EVERY DAY

the point is on occasion if you want some, then have some.

NO ONE should eat junk all day every day, and surely with 1113 calories for the day you have room for a single slice,

Moderation is the tool you should be learning here, not restriction.

When you over restrict what will happen when you reach your goal?

You're a beautiful young lady but what kind of support do expect by being a potty mouth and calling people fat *kitten* when they are trying to teach you a solid realistic foundation and give you sound living advice?

Surely you cant go through life with out ever having a slice of pizza again?

Life is for living honey.

Drop the defensiveness and listen closely to what people are saying once you put the barrier down you will see they are not really attacking just trying to help in a snarky MFP style you are not accustomed to clearly.

Snarky adds hilarity

• barefoot_brunette
    Options
    By the way just wanted to say that I'm actually lactose intolerant so I always drink skim milk....

Ps to everyone throwing around the term "eating disorder": yeah. I've struggled with an eating disorder for 3 years. But not anymore. I make healthy choices that I don't feel bad about and my body thanks me for eating fresh fruits and veggies and not French fries and ice cream because for the first time in a while, it's getting the nutrition it needs. Telling me to shove pizza and fats down my throat when I want them is impossible for someone who has the mindset and mental disorder that I do, so maybe the support to eat something actually good for my body would be helpful. This is my first week on this app so I'm not sure how to work it, someone please tell me if there's a way to talk this forum discussion down, if not, I hope atleast one person reads this and finds encouragement to keep going on their journey to being healthy and loving themselves.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

YoumayrefertomeasGod.gif

(Thanks. It's a real PITA to find and post appropriate gifs from the iPad.)
  • barefoot_brunette
    Options
    By the way just wanted to say that I'm actually lactose intolerant so I always drink skim milk....

Ps to everyone throwing around the term "eating disorder": yeah. I've struggled with an eating disorder for 3 years. But not anymore. I make healthy choices that I don't feel bad about and my body thanks me for eating fresh fruits and veggies and not French fries and ice cream because for the first time in a while, it's getting the nutrition it needs. Telling me to shove pizza and fats down my throat when I want them is impossible for someone who has the mindset and mental disorder that I do, so maybe the support to eat something actually good for my body would be helpful. This is my first week on this app so I'm not sure how to work it, someone please tell me if there's a way to talk this forum discussion down, if not, I hope atleast one person reads this and finds encouragement to keep going on their journey to being healthy and loving themselves.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    OP, your parent gave you good advice. You'll never win this debate on here. I think there were legitimately some people trying to give you advice that you can eat pizza if you really want it and can fit it into your calorie goals. There are a handful of others (who post in virtually every thread) and seem to be auditioning for some sitcom or reality show. I don't know what makes them tick (or care) but I put them in the same category as hackers. You know, people who spend a lot of time doing things just to be disruptive but for no good reason at all.

I think you shouldn't have used the term "fatasses" but I am SURE that's not the only reason people are giving you grief. I see it all the time on this website; people swoop into a discussion and are out for blood, it seems. Again, there are some people who aren't making fun of you, cracking jokes, auditioning, or posting gifs for laughs that are really trying to give you advice from their experiences.

I don't get why people think that some people who choose not to eat pizza or cookies (and the like) while working out are miserable. It's a choice and we all make our own choices. This site is full of people who successfully lose and maintain weight by eating whatever they want in moderation and also people who do it by eating they way you describe. It's also full of people who didn't successfully keep the weight off. Those people include the ones that ate pizza and the ones that didn't. My point is that no one one her has all the answers for everyone. Do what you want to do. If it's not the right choice, you will learn from it. That's how life works.

This was to the OP only.
  • amymrls
    Options
    i think she does have an ED her profile says she wants to lose 33 lbs but if that is her in her pic she is a perfectly healthy weight already??

body dismorphia????

Perhaps, but sometimes older photos are used for goal setting
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    i think she does have an ED her profile says she wants to lose 33 lbs but if that is her in her pic she is a perfectly healthy weight already??

body dismorphia????

She said a couple posts back that she is 5'3 and 150lbs. So 33lb loss wouldn't be unreasonable. At least not in my opinion.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I guess if you had gotten here a few pages earlier and found her berating those trying to help, you would have spent your time telling her she was doing it wrong.

I guess timing is everything...unless, of course, you at least skim through the previous pages to try to get a feel for what's going on.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    OP, your parent gave you good advice. You'll never win this debate on here. I think there were legitimately some people trying to give you advice that you can eat pizza if you really want it and can fit it into your calorie goals. There are a handful of others (who post in virtually every thread) and seem to be auditioning for some sitcom or reality show. I don't know what makes them tick (or care) but I put them in the same category as hackers. You know, people who spend a lot of time doing things just to be disruptive but for no good reason at all.

I think you shouldn't have used the term "fatasses" but I am SURE that's not the only reason people are giving you grief. I see it all the time on this website; people swoop into a discussion and are out for blood, it seems. Again, there are some people who aren't making fun of you, cracking jokes, auditioning, or posting gifs for laughs that are really trying to give you advice from their experiences.

I don't get why people think that some people who choose not to eat pizza or cookies (and the like) while working out are miserable. It's a choice and we all make our own choices. This site is full of people who successfully lose and maintain weight by eating whatever they want in moderation and also people who do it by eating they way you describe. It's also full of people who didn't successfully keep the weight off. Those people include the ones that ate pizza and the ones that didn't. My point is that no one one her has all the answers for everyone. Do what you want to do. If it's not the right choice, you will learn from it. That's how life works.

This was to the OP only.
  • anna11133
    Options
    I need pizza too . But every time i eat it . Make me more fat !!
  • amymrls
    Options

I guess if you had gotten here a few pages earlier and found her berating those trying to help, you would have spent your time telling her she was doing it wrong.

I guess timing is everything...unless, of course, you at least skim through the previous pages to try to get a feel for what's going on.

honestly an I WANT PIZZA post isn't usually the top priority for me to skim through before I spoke, perhaps if the post was more interesting..... I just click on those posted because I don't understand why people don't eat what they want in the first place....
  • barefoot_brunette
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »

This was to the OP only.

Thank you so much for this. I agree completely