Options

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    reeserox wrote: »
    i had a chocolate covered oreo....amazing :smile:

It was nice knowing you...

But Oreos aren't white, except the middle. So the chocolate and the cookie part are good carbs, right?
  • barefoot_brunette
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    What kind of fatasses tell someone who's trying to loose weight to eat pizza. ONE slice has 285 calories. 640 mg of sodium. 36 carbs. For one slice. It's not that much protein, and that carbs y'all are talking about? THEYRE FROM WHITE BREAD. THATS BAD FOR YOUR BODY.

Not trying to starve myself I'm trying to make healthier choices. Try it sometime. When you're not eating pizza, try swapping it for a turkey sandwhich(healthy filling calories)

How is white bread bad for your body? And it's easy to work 285-570 calories into a day. Also, I've had four turkey sandwiches in the past ten days and bought some more today. Like I said before, moderation is the key. I wouldn't have lost 55+ pounds if I had deprived myself of the things I love.

You honestly think bread that is processed from 100% artificial ingredients isn't bad for you? http://authoritynutrition.com/why-is-bread-bad-for-you/

....The ingredients in the pizza dough recipe I posted earlier:
    - 1/2 tsp sugar (oh noes)
    - dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

.....yep it's so artificial I might just die... :huh:
    When I posted this I wasn't talking about homemade pizza

And yet you called me a fatass after I suggested home made pizza. Are you actually reading your own thread?

I'm not talking about the very few kind people who are sending me homemade links. I'm talking about the adults who find it amusing to pick on a young adult late at night who's trying to make a healthier choice than papa johns on a Wednesday night 60 days from spring break. I appreciate your link yes

wait, what does spring break have to do with this?

4007499-tumblr_llesm1blzv1qj0zk3o1_500.gif

Ahhh...short-term crash diet support wanted. I get it now.

OP, what is your net daily calorie goal,and are you consistently reaching it?

I'm actually well below my calorie goal and surprisingly go to bed full each night. (Because I choose wise healthy filling calories)
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    amymrls wrote: »
    Is there a reason that you are being a bully to a noobie? We all have to start somewhere.....

This particular newbie started by calling everyone giving her decent, good advice "fatasses." It was all downhill from there.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Please everyone who's being judgmental and malicious: go enjoy a piece of pizza and eat your brownie sundaes. I meant no harm. I'll be on the treadmill with an apple and peanut butter with my goal time line and weight I'm mind if you need me .

Including the apple and peanut butter, what are your total calories for today?
  • barefoot_brunette
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    What kind of fatasses tell someone who's trying to loose weight to eat pizza. ONE slice has 285 calories. 640 mg of sodium. 36 carbs. For one slice. It's not that much protein, and that carbs y'all are talking about? THEYRE FROM WHITE BREAD. THATS BAD FOR YOUR BODY.

Not trying to starve myself I'm trying to make healthier choices. Try it sometime. When you're not eating pizza, try swapping it for a turkey sandwhich(healthy filling calories)

How is white bread bad for your body? And it's easy to work 285-570 calories into a day. Also, I've had four turkey sandwiches in the past ten days and bought some more today. Like I said before, moderation is the key. I wouldn't have lost 55+ pounds if I had deprived myself of the things I love.

You honestly think bread that is processed from 100% artificial ingredients isn't bad for you? http://authoritynutrition.com/why-is-bread-bad-for-you/

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

And yet you called me a fatass after I suggested home made pizza. Are you actually reading your own thread?

I'm not talking about the very few kind people who are sending me homemade links. I'm talking about the adults who find it amusing to pick on a young adult late at night who's trying to make a healthier choice than papa johns on a Wednesday night 60 days from spring break. I appreciate your link yes

Oh, don't start playing the "young adult" victim role. It's not becoming. If you are old enough to post here, you should be old enough to handle any advice given to you.

Advice telling me to eat pizza when I'm trying to loose weight and getting pictures of pizza being sent to me. Oh great yeah I'm deff coming here for support again

We just have been doing this a looong time, and usually when you deprive yourself of something you tend to over eat it later. So people are trying to be helpful. People that post here a lot are usually very successful at weightloss, I have lost over 100 lbs....

A lot of us are very supportive, not everyone here makes snide rude comments like the lady above.

I wish you all the luck and loss on your journey and hope you find something that works for you.
    Thank you! You give me hope to maybe one day post something again
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

WHY CANT U JUST GIVE HER SUPPORT????

what is wrong with you people. buncha bullies

Thank you:(

I hope you know he was being sarcastic.

Is there a reason that you are being a bully to a noobie? We all have to start somewhere.....

I can't speak for anyone else, but there was the part back on page 2 (?) where the OP called us all fatasses.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

Seriously? I gave her advice, and she didn't like it so she called me and several other people here fat *kitten*. And you're calling me a bully. The thing is, she doesn't think she's starting. She thinks she's already there and knows everything. People were simply trying to help her realize that she doesn't have to deprive herself. Honestly, life's too short.

• jofjltncb6
    Options

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

I'm actually well below my calorie goal and surprisingly go to bed full each night. (Because I choose wise healthy filling calories)

Do you realize that this is not a good thing?
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I know that you're trying to make "healthier choices" and that we, the good-intentioned MFPers will probably be unable to sway you, but I do believe that you can have both. 285 calories? That's perfect! Pair it with a small salad or maybe a piece of fruit and I see no reason you should feel guilty. Or pair it with nothing, because, hey, you can eat however you'd like. You can eat the healthy foods that you love and pizza. But I feel your whole mentality is unhealthy. You don't need to consume strictly "healthy food" to lose weight, it's all calories in calories out and it took me some time before I realized that. I thank the good people of MFP :)

• jofjltncb6
    Options

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

I can't speak for anyone else, but there was the part back on page 2 (?) where the OP called us all fatasses.

Yeah, but didn't we all start by calling entire threads full of people "fatasses"? I mean, isn't that just normal noob behavior and we should all be super nice anyhow?
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

Seriously? I gave her advice, and she didn't like it so she called me and several other people here fat *kitten*. And you're calling me a bully. The thing is, she doesn't think she's starting. She thinks she's already there and knows everything. People were simply trying to help her realize that she doesn't have to deprive herself. Honestly, life's too short.

I didn't see that part, but I do know what it is like to be young and feel judged. It takes age to become better at that. Even being close to my 40's I get my feelings hurt when people judge me. When I first started on this site I was judge by my lack of knowledge as well. I don't think that bullying a bully is helpful in anyway.

I am pretty sure your mommies all taught you that 2 wrongs didn't make a right...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Do we really need to break out jof's Is it Bullying thread?
  • havalynd
    havalynd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Being under your calorie goal for a day is not a good thing. The calorie goal itself is the number you set for a healthy weightloss. It's what you *need* to eat in order to be healthy! The deficit is what's important, and so any calorie allotment balanced with exercise (or adjusted without it) can work out.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

Oh, don't start playing the "young adult" victim role. It's not becoming. If you are old enough to post here, you should be old enough to handle any advice given to you.

Advice telling me to eat pizza when I'm trying to loose weight and getting pictures of pizza being sent to me. Oh great yeah I'm deff coming here for support again

We just have been doing this a looong time, and usually when you deprive yourself of something you tend to over eat it later. So people are trying to be helpful. People that post here a lot are usually very successful at weightloss, I have lost over 100 lbs....

A lot of us are very supportive, not everyone here makes snide rude comments like the lady above.

I wish you all the luck and loss on your journey and hope you find something that works for you.
    Thank you! You give me hope to maybe one day post something again

again? did i miss the part where you ceased posting?
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

Do you realize that this is not a good thing?
    I'm sure she doesn't but she will get it someday
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

Before we all get too lost in lessons on how we're all supposed to behave, let's not overlook this flashing red light and accompanying warning siren.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

Ahhh, so you're netting around 600, maybe 700 calories per day then?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Do we really need to break out jof's Is it Bullying thread?

I also still need to write my "paternal advice for talking animated juvenile rabbits" post.