I WANT PIZZA SO BAD

Options

Replies

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    havalynd wrote: »
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    Honestly, y'all have motivated me so much more not to make unhealthy choices. By you telling me to go eat greasy cheesy carbfilled pizza, I went downstairs and got some Greek yogurt. And I'm gonna go to bed tonight proud of myself. And my body is going to thank me because not only is it full, it's not upset from all the pasteurized and fatty pepperonis inside of it. Goodnight and goodbye. Have fun eating your pizzas and cookies and reaching your goal in a year or so.

Nothing wrong with taking a year to lose weight. Slow and steady wins the race, and develops sustainable habits in the process as well.

Sustainable habits and a healthier relationship with food, for sure.

Yes, and the thing is, a year or two from now she'll likely be trying to lose the weight again that she regained because of her attitude towards food. But most of the people here giving her advice will have maintained their weight loss.

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What kind of fatasses tell someone who's trying to loose weight to eat pizza. ONE slice has 285 calories. 640 mg of sodium. 36 carbs. For one slice. It's not that much protein, and that carbs y'all are talking about? THEYRE FROM WHITE BREAD. THATS BAD FOR YOUR BODY.

Not trying to starve myself I'm trying to make healthier choices. Try it sometime. When you're not eating pizza, try swapping it for a turkey sandwhich(healthy filling calories)

I like to make my own pizza with a thin whole wheat crust, chicken or shrimp, fresh tomato slices and goat cheese or fresh mozzarella. Maybe a bit of red onion...a sprinkling of spinach or arugula on top...a little balsamic glaze...

I admit, it's a lot more work than ordering Papa John's, but it's also amazingly delicious and healthy pizza.

I'm failing to see how it's bad for your body. Domino's has gluten free crust. Lots of places have a whole wheat option. Most places have a thin crust option. You can get light cheese, lots of veggies, and a lighter protein like chicken or Canadian bacon. You can also stick to smaller sizes instead of getting the giant pie just because you have a coupon.

1e68e31e6c30f67335521562b007f3a8.jpg
  • jnv7594
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Honestly, y'all have motivated me so much more not to make unhealthy choices. By you telling me to go eat greasy cheesy carbfilled pizza, I went downstairs and got some Greek yogurt. And I'm gonna go to bed tonight proud of myself. And my body is going to thank me because not only is it full, it's not upset from all the pasteurized and fatty pepperonis inside of it. Goodnight and goodbye. Have fun eating your pizzas and cookies and reaching your goal in a year or so.

Not all pizza has pepperoni on it. Don't get me wrong, I love pepperoni, but you need to broaden your pizza horizons! There's a whole world of thin crust, whole wheat, veggie pizzas just begging to be discovered.

Some pizzas even have pineapple.

real talk, thin crust pizza (regular crust, not that whole wheat crap), with grilled chicken and tomatoes as toppings and i get my craving for pizza satisfied, hit my protein macros, and can hit my calorie budget if I don't eat the whole thing (hahahaha, i ALWAYS eat the whole thing, be we talkin theoreticals up in this piece). admittedly, i'm a bigger guy with a large calorie goal, but my point is that people can have a real pizza and still stay on track.

well, people that aren't the OP, of course.

That's my kind of pizza, too. Sprinkle a little feta on top and some baby spinach and yum.

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Starting page so we can talk about all the food we want and support each to think about the body we want instead

Well, this is patently ridiculous. Tell you what - you just send me all of the pizza you are eschewing for your 'dream body'. I will happily eat it and continue to look and feel good, mmmmkay?
  • havalynd
    havalynd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    havalynd wrote: »

Nothing wrong with taking a year to lose weight. Slow and steady wins the race, and develops sustainable habits in the process as well.

Sustainable habits and a healthier relationship with food, for sure.

Yes, and the thing is, a year or two from now she'll likely be trying to lose the weight again that she regained because of her attitude towards food. But most of the people here giving her advice will have maintained their weight loss.

Yep. But I guess we were all 19 once... (Thinking we knew everything at the time, of course.)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    What kind of fatasses tell someone who's trying to loose weight to eat pizza. ONE slice has 285 calories. 640 mg of sodium. 36 carbs. For one slice. It's not that much protein, and that carbs y'all are talking about? THEYRE FROM WHITE BREAD. THATS BAD FOR YOUR BODY.

Not trying to starve myself I'm trying to make healthier choices. Try it sometime. When you're not eating pizza, try swapping it for a turkey sandwhich(healthy filling calories)

How is white bread bad for your body? And it's easy to work 285-570 calories into a day. Also, I've had four turkey sandwiches in the past ten days and bought some more today. Like I said before, moderation is the key. I wouldn't have lost 55+ pounds if I had deprived myself of the things I love.

You honestly think bread that is processed from 100% artificial ingredients isn't bad for you? http://authoritynutrition.com/why-is-bread-bad-for-you/

The first ingredient listed for Wonderbread is "whole wheat flour".

Please explain more about this "100% artificial ingredients" bread. Where does this artificial flour come from? Plastic wheat fields, perhaps? Do you have even the slightest idea what in the hell you're talking about, or do you just like to hear yourself make noise?
  • barefoot_brunette
    Options
    I'm not going to gain weight back because I'm not doing a diet. I'm doing a life style change. Yeah cheat days are fine every now and then, but there's no way I could be proud of myself if I ate whatever I wanted when I wanted. Maybe that's your goal, but that's not mine
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Krueger92 wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    So much hate for just trying to make healthy decisions wow. I was just saying that when I eat cereal and fruit I feel better about myself and my body than if I eat a burger and pizza. Because if I pick an apple over pizza, atleast I'm proactively trying to have a healthy lifestyle and do something about my problem. Last time I post something wow

I feel like complete crap when I eat pizza. Regardless how much I eat of it.

thats not pizza's fault that you have some weird mental association with it...

haha nah, no mental association. I just know my buddy.

no one here is interested in your sex life

you sure bro?

fair point. carry on
  • barefoot_brunette
    Options
    Don't eat veggies then because you know carbs...

I said white carbs. You know. The white ones. Such as: white bread. Pasta.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options

I like to make my own pizza with a thin whole wheat crust, chicken or shrimp, fresh tomato slices and goat cheese. Maybe a bit of red onion...a sprinkling of spinach or arugula on top...a little balsamic glaze...

I admit, it's a lot more work than ordering Papa John's, but it's also amazingly delicious and healthy pizza.

I'm failing to see how it's bad for your body. Domino's has gluten free crust. Lots of places have a whole wheat option. Most places have a thin crust option. You can get light cheese, lots of veggies, and a lighter protein like chicken or Canadian bacon. You can also stick to smaller sizes instead of getting the giant pie just because you have a coupon.

I like this game. Me next!

timelapse-pizza-cooking.gif
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

How is white bread bad for your body? And it's easy to work 285-570 calories into a day. Also, I've had four turkey sandwiches in the past ten days and bought some more today. Like I said before, moderation is the key. I wouldn't have lost 55+ pounds if I had deprived myself of the things I love.

You honestly think bread that is processed from 100% artificial ingredients isn't bad for you? http://authoritynutrition.com/why-is-bread-bad-for-you/

Do you have a peer-reviewed journal study that proves this? The entire website you linked to is propaganda to make you think certain foods are bad.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options

I like to make my own pizza with a thin whole wheat crust, chicken or shrimp, fresh tomato slices and goat cheese. Maybe a bit of red onion...a sprinkling of spinach or arugula on top...a little balsamic glaze...

I like this game. Me next!

timelapse-pizza-cooking.gif

tumblr_n0vk3oOcox1s80lnro1_500.gif#pizza%20tumblr%20gif%20500x216
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    I'm not going to gain weight back because I'm not doing a diet. I'm doing a life style change. Yeah cheat days are fine every now and then, but there's no way I could be proud of myself if I ate whatever I wanted when I wanted. Maybe that's your goal, but that's not mine

I don't know anyone who has successfully changed their lifestyle without also changing how they feel about "bad" foods, "cheat days," and guilt. And I mean this sincerely.
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

The first ingredient listed for Wonderbread is "whole wheat flour".

Please explain more about this "100% artificial ingredients" bread. Where does this artificial flour come from? Plastic wheat fields, perhaps? Do you have even the slightest idea what in the hell you're talking about, or do you just like to hear yourself make noise?

Just curious. Bikini or figure?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

....The ingredients in the pizza dough recipe I posted earlier:
    - 1/2 tsp sugar (oh noes)
    - dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

.....yep it's so artificial I might just die... :huh:

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

strange. that's exactly the reason i AM proud of myself. well hey, to each their own, right? looking forward to your next thread, titled "I WANT MAC AND CHEESE SO BAD"

• poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    So much hate for just trying to make healthy decisions wow. I was just saying that when I eat cereal and fruit I feel better about myself and my body than if I eat a burger and pizza. Because if I pick an apple over pizza, atleast I'm proactively trying to have a healthy lifestyle and do something about my problem. Last time I post something wow

Enjoying the foods you love in moderation is also part of a healthy lifestyle. Many people who cut out the things they love (pizza, sweets, chips) end up binging on them eventually. You can have the apple as well as the "unhealthy" things.
    If everybody were able to practice "moderation" as preached on MFP, then they probably would not be trying to lose weight. Some foods are triggers and not as healthy as others. Most pizza is sodium laden, cheese laden, and some people find it difficult to eat just 2 slices. Leave the poor girl alone, geez.

• barefoot_brunette
    Options

....The ingredients in the pizza dough recipe I posted earlier:
    - 1/2 tsp sugar (oh noes)
    - dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

.....yep it's so artificial I might just die... :huh:
    When I posted this I wasn't talking about homemade pizza
  • jnv7594
    Options

Whatever you say. I was 19 once too, and did many lifestyle changes during that period in my life. They weren't sustainable though because they were based on restriction. When you know better, you do better. Nine times out of ten, "diets" or "lifestyle changes" that are based around restriction will lead to the person quitting and falling back into old habits.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

I'm proud of myself for having a healthy relationship with food. Maybe that's why I only have about 15 lbs to lose. I'm proud of my cooking skills, and ability to make very healthy low-cal foods that are amazingly delicious. Including pizza.

But I still love Papa John's buffalo chicken pizza rather a lot.