I WANT PIZZA SO BAD

Options

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    What kind of fatasses tell someone who's trying to loose weight to eat pizza. ONE slice has 285 calories. 640 mg of sodium. 36 carbs. For one slice. It's not that much protein, and that carbs y'all are talking about? THEYRE FROM WHITE BREAD. THATS BAD FOR YOUR BODY.

Not trying to starve myself I'm trying to make healthier choices. Try it sometime. When you're not eating pizza, try swapping it for a turkey sandwhich(healthy filling calories)

So much wrong up in this post. White bread is not "bad". It's macronutritionally the same as any other bread, except for possibly the volume of dietary fiber. And that alone doesn't constitute it as bad for your body.

285 calories is a perfectly reasonable snack. Double that is a perfectly reasonable dinner. Sodium is not bad for you, unless you have a medically diagnosed chronic problem with high blood pressure. Carbs are good for you, they are your body's fuel. 36 g of carbs is not that big of a chunk of a healthy person's daily carb goal. If you have two other reasonably-high protein meals that day, it's not a big deal that the pizza is low in it.

So there is literally nothing wrong with any of those macros you listed.

Stop fear-mongering and food-demonizing. Any and all foods--yes, I mean ANY foods--can be part of a perfectly healthy and quality life-sustaining diet. It's all about moderation and rounding it all out in the long run.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    What kind of fatasses tell someone who's trying to loose weight to eat pizza. ONE slice has 285 calories. 640 mg of sodium. 36 carbs. For one slice. It's not that much protein, and that carbs y'all are talking about? THEYRE FROM WHITE BREAD. THATS BAD FOR YOUR BODY.

Not trying to starve myself I'm trying to make healthier choices. Try it sometime. When you're not eating pizza, try swapping it for a turkey sandwhich(healthy filling calories)

OMG NO, NOT ~300 CALORIES and carbs from WHITE BREAD!!!!! WE ALL GONNA DIE.

heaven forbid a healthier choice actually include foods we enjoy eating, have no guilt about, and continue meeting our goals day after day without feeling deprived. no, no room for that around here. not once. NOT EVER.

OMGZ SODIUMZ!!!

or maybe, just maybe, you could listen to the solid advice being given to you and have your slice of pizza, still lose weight, and stop making sad threads about the slice of pizza you're denying yourself for no good reason
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Here:
    Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
    Keep in mind, you add veggies and the carbs go up. Not all the carbs are in the dough .

And I see you missed my post about cauliflower crust pizza. No dough.

But ya know, I'm just a fatass apparently so what do I know.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

lost about 60 pounds and kept it off all the while eating pizza, ice cream, cookies, etc…

you can always get thin crust which has less calories..

white bread is not bad for your body ..

food = energy

it is not "good" or "bad"….

You do not need brownies and sweets...your body can get GOOD sugars from fruits. And if you think that white bread, which is made in a factory from the same stuff they make glue from, isn't bad for you, you should probably talk to a half-way knowledgable person.

You are not one of those people.

• barefoot_brunette
    Options
    Honestly, y'all have motivated me so much more not to make unhealthy choices. By you telling me to go eat greasy cheesy carbfilled pizza, I went downstairs and got some Greek yogurt. And I'm gonna go to bed tonight proud of myself. And my body is going to thank me because not only is it full, it's not upset from all the pasteurized and fatty pepperonis inside of it. Goodnight and goodbye. Have fun eating your pizzas and cookies and reaching your goal in a year or so.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Krueger92 wrote: »
    So much hate for just trying to make healthy decisions wow. I was just saying that when I eat cereal and fruit I feel better about myself and my body than if I eat a burger and pizza. Because if I pick an apple over pizza, atleast I'm proactively trying to have a healthy lifestyle and do something about my problem. Last time I post something wow

I feel like complete crap when I eat pizza. Regardless how much I eat of it.

thats not pizza's fault that you have some weird mental association with it...

haha nah, no mental association. I just know my buddy.

no one here is interested in your sex life
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options

lost about 60 pounds and kept it off all the while eating pizza, ice cream, cookies, etc…

you can always get thin crust which has less calories..

white bread is not bad for your body ..

food = energy

it is not "good" or "bad"….

You do not need brownies and sweets...your body can get GOOD sugars from fruits. And if you think that white bread, which is made in a factory from the same stuff they make glue from, isn't bad for you, you should probably talk to a half-way knowledgable person.

So asinine... Love it when newbs come on and instantly know more than people who've had success. Good luck with your new years resolution.
  • sharonhouse81
    sharonhouse81 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    google cauliflower pizza crust... i'm going to try it tomorrow... I hear it's really delicious!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Damn, I lost my bingo card. Carbs are the devil, ragequit, namecalling...
  • havalynd
    havalynd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ngl this thread felt like it's intentions were to get pats on the back from abstaining from the ~evils of unclean food~ versus any intelligent insight against what OP thinks is the best strategy for life ever. Clearly OP doesn't understand that not everyone's bodies work the same, nor do they respect the community they sought replies from judging by their 'fatasses' comment. Classy.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Honestly, y'all have motivated me so much more not to make unhealthy choices. By you telling me to go eat greasy cheesy carbfilled pizza, I went downstairs and got some Greek yogurt. And I'm gonna go to bed tonight proud of myself. And my body is going to thank me because not only is it full, it's not upset from all the pasteurized and fatty pepperonis inside of it. Goodnight and goodbye. Have fun eating your pizzas and cookies and reaching your goal in a year or so.

gifmadmaxhavefunstormingthecastle.gif
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with taking a year to lose weight. Slow and steady wins the race, and develops sustainable habits in the process as well.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Not all pizza has pepperoni on it. Don't get me wrong, I love pepperoni, but you need to broaden your pizza horizons! There's a whole world of thin crust, whole wheat, veggie pizzas just begging to be discovered.

Some pizzas even have pineapple.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    When you are 19 you think you know everything.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Don't eat veggies then because you know carbs...
  • havalynd
    havalynd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »

Nothing wrong with taking a year to lose weight. Slow and steady wins the race, and develops sustainable habits in the process as well.

Sustainable habits and a healthier relationship with food, for sure.
  • DavPul
    Options

Not all pizza has pepperoni on it. Don't get me wrong, I love pepperoni, but you need to broaden your pizza horizons! There's a whole world of thin crust, whole wheat, veggie pizzas just begging to be discovered.

Some pizzas even have pineapple.

real talk, thin crust pizza (regular crust, not that whole wheat crap), with grilled chicken and tomatoes as toppings and i get my craving for pizza satisfied, hit my protein macros, and can hit my calorie budget if I don't eat the whole thing (hahahaha, i ALWAYS eat the whole thing, be we talkin theoreticals up in this piece). admittedly, i'm a bigger guy with a large calorie goal, but my point is that people can have a real pizza and still stay on track.

well, people that aren't the OP, of course.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options

Thanks, sweetie. My goal was already reached. six months ago. And I reached it with an ungodly amount of pizza in my diet. Enjoy your high horse view, we'll be here enjoying life while you deprive yourself for no reason and feel "proud" for doing it.
  • barefoot_brunette
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

How is white bread bad for your body? And it's easy to work 285-570 calories into a day. Also, I've had four turkey sandwiches in the past ten days and bought some more today. Like I said before, moderation is the key. I wouldn't have lost 55+ pounds if I had deprived myself of the things I love.

You honestly think bread that is processed from 100% artificial ingredients isn't bad for you? http://authoritynutrition.com/why-is-bread-bad-for-you/
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    So much hate for just trying to make healthy decisions wow. I was just saying that when I eat cereal and fruit I feel better about myself and my body than if I eat a burger and pizza. Because if I pick an apple over pizza, atleast I'm proactively trying to have a healthy lifestyle and do something about my problem. Last time I post something wow

I feel like complete crap when I eat pizza. Regardless how much I eat of it.

thats not pizza's fault that you have some weird mental association with it...

haha nah, no mental association. I just know my buddy.

no one here is interested in your sex life

you sure bro?