55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,293 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @beaglady!

On the stiffness/flexibility front, I found a few minutes daily of stretching/yoga to be very helpful, when done patiently over a long-ish period of time (saw results over a few weeks). For me, 5-10 minutes every day accomplished substantially more than did an hour once a week. Others' mileage may vary, though.

Finding out I was hypothyroid & getting treated helped with stiffness in a different way, but I suspect that's not as likely a common reason.
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Welcome beaglady! Sounds like to have a variety of things you do regularly to keep fit. I have heard that the after effects of Lyme disease can linger for a lifetime. Just keep moving forward every day! You have got this!
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    @beaglady, I used to have an office job (i.e. glued to my desk); I am now retired, but what I would do (as often as I could--once an hour or so) was to get up from my desk and take a short walk. Just around the office or to the restroom, that way you're not sitting all day. I had folks in another building and would walk over to it at least once or twice a week. It doesn't have to be a lot; every little bit helps. Good luck and welcome to the group. B)
  • BeyonkaKnows
    BeyonkaKnows Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sweetest mommy said
    I am 59 years old and a few years into menopause. I have recently joined MFP after months of binging on high sugar and carbs. As a recovering alcoholic (for 21 years) I recognize this addictive behavior know where it is going=quote]
    Yup. Right there with you. Slowly fighting the sugar ever since I dropped the booze. Worse in the six year since lat baby. I think some us are genetically predisposed to sugar addiction/alcoholism, and it's in the body chemistry. So I am cutting lower on carbs. I'm only on day 6 but committed. You're inspirational to me!
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Love your story and the way your express our, Ann-Marie. You've got this, and we're here with you!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    wow beaglady, you sound so active. I enjoy keeping busy. I joined a HILT class this week, I wasn't sure I can do it, but with a few modifications (mostly not doing push up types cause of my wrist) I can do it! I'm so surprised, I even jumped rope! looking forward to class tonight. Plus I've been stalled in loosing for a while & this got me going again
  • jspecies19
    jspecies19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    I'm fairly new to MFP - about 1 month and am so happy to find this string.
    SW: 145#
    CW: 140#
    GW: 132# ish
    I have crept up from 132 to 145 over the last 3 years and am not happy with the flab and lack of tone. How did that happen? Not only to I want to feel and look better but I want to think clearer too. I work in tech with mostly young people and I want to keep my edge. Clean healthy eating helps but I have occasional run ins with my arch nemesis sugar and bread. I'm also a vegetarian and struggle at times with hitting my optimal protein intake.
    I enjoy being out for walks or my bike best though I try for strength training 3x week.
    Reading your posts is a great motivator for me. thanks for your posts everyone.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Birgit! It's funny, sometimes I have trouble finding my words when I speak, but I do a lot better when I write. :)
  • griffinca2
    Options
    Agree w/Nana 100%!! B)
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @zenny24! I am sorry for your loss and glad you had the MFP foundation and didn't go too crazy on the gain back. We've got your back!
  • griffinca2
    Options
    Agree w/Nana; welcome! B)
  • jspecies19
    jspecies19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi @zenny24 and @jssue2 - nice to have you both here.
  • keana55
    keana55 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Hi @zenny 24 and @issue 2--- we are so glad you are here!This has helped me and I love our web page becuase we all know how it is to be "our" age and struggling with our weight-
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Welcome @jssue2
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!