55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Debtay123 - congrats on your strategy. That seems like an obtainable and motivating way to stay focussed. Good luck on yr journey.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Ming1951 wrote: »
    I soon turn 66. Been on mfp on and off but strictly since Sept 16. I've lost about 60 lbs was more but just got tired of watching what I eat and measuring so I gained about 18 lbs back. I can feel it in my clothing. So today I have vowed to get back on track. Been vowing to do so but something always gets in my way...[ortiosn.. I could eat what I want if I pay attention to the portions. I have really been disregarding portion control. I want to lose 15 -20 lbs. to be where I should be. I joined silver slippers so I will go to the gym. For a while I was going regularly but that has also slipped. Went yesterday walked 45 min on treadmill, 30 min on recumbent bike and 15 on elliptical bike. Intend to go back toady and tomorrow then put myself on a schedule of Tues/thurs, friday and Sunday. or at least 3x a week min. I don't like going when its crowded. I also am lifting weights just 10 lbs and only front lifts I don't know what you call them. So I'm back in the game.

90 minutes of cardio. WOW~ I'd be falling down. Awesome!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I was told to do my "strength" training first- then do cardio next so I would not get to tired out and do the strength training without proper form- so thatis what i have been doing- I try for at least 45 minutes all together- I may do 25 min strength and 20 minutes cardio--- is this a correct way to do it?
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Sorry all, fell for @Verdenal's baiting again. One of these days I will learn...
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    MK, we all take the bait occasionally. B) For Debtay, it is best to do your weights 1st; because you are fresh and less likely to use poor form (which is more important than the weight you lift). BTW, don't over do the cardio or you will be defeating your lifting muscle gains. B)
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My huge lightbulb moment was determining that carbs are not my friends. I have so much more energy, no cravings, sleeping better, only hungry two or three times a day and I just feel better. It probably isn't for everybody but I am loving Low Carb High Fat. Been doing it now since July 3rd and have lost 2 inches on my waist and 18 pounds. I have a nutritionist helping me w menu planning and my Doc is super on board. He has a real "issue" with all the carbs our diet includes. I consider this a lifestyle change not a diet. It has been a huge eye opener for me.
  • Lizzyislighter
    Lizzyislighter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there. New to MFP and this looks like a good place to hangout. I joined some time ago but never posted. I'm doing LC but have to keep track of calories. I'd love to go vegan/plant based but I'm allergic to soy and some legumes and grains don't agree with me. I've lost 9 and stuck at my current weight of 145. Really would like to lose the menopause weight I've put on. You all know where it is!!! I plan to do 5 pound goals so 140 is my next. I'm 56 now and not feeling that great - joints, etc. It's making it difficult to exercise but I do. Maybe I should consider hormone replacement but I'd rather not. If anyone has any thoughts or experiences with that I'd love to hear about it. The posts are very encouraging here. See you soon. Thanks!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,382 Member
    Options
    Hey there. New to MFP and this looks like a good place to hangout. I joined some time ago but never posted. I'm doing LC but have to keep track of calories. I'd love to go vegan/plant based but I'm allergic to soy and some legumes and grains don't agree with me. I've lost 9 and stuck at my current weight of 145. Really would like to lose the menopause weight I've put on. You all know where it is!!! I plan to do 5 pound goals so 140 is my next. I'm 56 now and not feeling that great - joints, etc. It's making it difficult to exercise but I do. Maybe I should consider hormone replacement but I'd rather not. If anyone has any thoughts or experiences with that I'd love to hear about it. The posts are very encouraging here. See you soon. Thanks!!

I can't do hormone replacement (breast cancer), but I gotta say: Weight loss has done my joints a world of good. Feels like 10 years off their age, at least, maybe even 25! (I'm 61 ;) .)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!